Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok who is currently on a preop diet?!

I have about 5 days from my reclassification where I believe he will start me on my preop diet. Not sure. Waiting for details on Thursday the 16th of June. Feeling nervous and excited at the same time.

What Protein shakes are you guys drinking while on your pre-op diet? I'm trying to find one w/ a decent taste. I must have 4 drinks a day and can eat raw vegetables. Any suggestions?

Premier Protein shakes are great! I prefer the chocolate and vanilla over the strawberry.

I heard those are great but it's not an option for my pre-op. I need to choose from Slim Fast High Protein, NeoLife shake, Bariatric Advantage High Protein, Core Power and Total Soy Meal Replacement. It's hard finding samples and since I have to be on it for 3 wks I prefer something pretty decent so I won't cheat.

Day 4 and 5kg (11lbs) down! Feeling really good!!!!

What Protein shakes are you guys drinking while on your pre-op diet? I'm trying to find one w/ a decent taste. I must have 4 drinks a day and can eat raw vegetables. Any suggestions?

Celebrate brand is really nice

My doctor's office & nutritionist said that a 30 minute walk is an appropriate goal. Take one step at a time and you may surprise yourself!

I got rid of all the junk weeks ago. I think the struggle is an important part of this process. That way I'm working on self-discipline. I'll try walking too. Thanks guys! [emoji846]

I'm at the end of my first week of phase II/pre-op/liver shrinking diet and I was getting a little bored at first. My surgeon's diet consists of 3 Protein shakes a day (no fruit -too much sugar), 3 servings of dairy (either in Protein Shakes or lite yogurt), and raw veggies or a small green salad with lite vinegrette dressing; with the added colace and benefiber to keep me regular. By Tuesday (I started the diet last Monday) i was sick of Protein Shakes but I thought I only liked vanilla. I went to the Vitamin Shoppe where they sell single serving packets and I found that I like strawberry, strawberry-banana, oreo (of course), and chocolate so I bought a couple for variety. Then I realized that vanilla Protein powder is fabulous with coffee and some ice cubes in the Ninja IQ blender! It is now my morning fix. I know I need to add more variety, such as broth so maybe when I'm out shopping for more yogurt today I will do that. If anybody shops at Publix, I found their green label greek yogurt is really good and the nutritionist told me it is okay to eat. My one vice that I have to give up by the end of this week....diet coke. I know that I can never have anything carbonated again, and I have made peace with that but I will miss it dearly!

I have a very difficult time with sugar substitutes, even in things like Crystal Light because I've had brain surgery twice, for aneurysms in my 30s and the surgery in my left frontal lobe really affected my taste buds so any sugar sub really tastes bitter to me. I did find that truvia is fine in my coffee.

I know surgery will be here before I know it - because I am trying to get my work done for about 3 weeks in advance so time is running out quickly!

Today is my last day preop. Tomorrow is my big day!!! I am not nervous at all. My hubby is more nervous than I am. Poor guy. I probably made him nervous because I got my will, poa, and living will all in order this past week. And I wrote letters to my kids...you know "just in case". I'm just that type of person who has to have things in order. I have to take care of them! I doubt I will need any of them, but I always have my six covered. Send a prayer my way!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App