Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok who is currently on a preop diet?!

Let's encourage each other! Say what your plan is and when you started and when it ends. I'm on a modified Optifast plan (includes 1 small, home cooked meal a day) and am on day 8/30! The final day is clear, sugar free liquids only. I can't wait for this phase to be over! Who else?

Ii am pre op with surgery date of May 3rd 2016. I have been prescribe two weeks of Optifast 900 shakes 4 times a day. I can also have up to 2 cups of green veggies and 1 tbsp of low cal dressing per day, with the addition of clear fluids and sugar free jell-o. I'm on day 3 and starving. I'm grumpy, tired, have a horrible headache, diarrhea and painful grumbles from my tummy. I have been struggling each day with hunger pains and wanted so badly to cheat. It's definitely extremely hard

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I know I am really struggling today as well. The first week I was all excited which made me more able to keep it up but now Optifast is getting old and it is hard to imagine staying on this for 3 more weeks :/ I guess we just have to keep our eyes on the prize!

Hang in there!!! I am on the pre-op diet. I started 13 April 2016. Up until today I have done well with no issues but honestly I am really struggling to stick with the plan. I can have 4 Protein shakes, 2 Protein Bars, sugar free Jello, sugar free Popsicles and a banana or cup of milk per day. I think if I can get by today I will be in okay and just keep focused on the main goal as that surgery day is 28 April and I have come to far.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Day 8 out of 10 of pre-op diet here. I wouldn't say it has been easy, but I'm trying to stay strong. I can have 3 Protein shakes a day, 5 servings of fruits and veggies and an optional Protein Bar or light Greek yogurt. I can have broth, sf Jello, crystal light as well. I had to go to a picnic at my son's soccer tournament.....not easy, but I made it.

Howdy! I started the liver shrinking diet on January 4. It consisted of one Meal Replacement and two meals that were Protein low fat and a cup of veggies. My weight was 291 pounds on 4 January. On March 20 went to two mill replacements, which was a Protein shake with up to 27 g of Protein. On April 14 I went to an all clear liquid diet and I am now on day 10. My surgery is Wednesday. (RNY). I am down to 250.

You have been doing your pre-op diet for FOUR months? My hat is off to you. You and I actually have the same starting weight. I was 291 when I first saw the surgeon last June. I'm down to 243 now, which is awesome bc my surgeon didn't think I was a great candidate for laparoscopic at my starting weight. He now feels I should be able to have the surgery laparoscopically without difficulty.

Wow! @@RobingAlaska that is crazy long! I am so impressed

I'm on month 2 of 6 month diet. Low carbs, high Protein. Not doing so well. I have lost but I know I can do better. It's hard telling my brain no

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App

Started 4/15. Surgery 4/29, 4 more days. 60 grams of Protein drinks which I'm drinks the Atkins brand. All the Water, crystal light, Gatorade or fat free broth I can handle. Day before surgery Clear liquids and no food or drink after midnight and can't even have Water morning of surgery. I fell off the wagon a couple times and only lost 8 pounds so far.

@@asmallerme2016 how exciting! Actually that seems like a lot to lose in 10 days! @@~Pam~64~ I don't know how you all are sticking to such a long preop diet!

Surgery May 9, day 2 of my official pre-op diet but I've been working my way into it for about 10 days. Decided against any "last meals" or "farewell chocolate chip Cookies " or glasses of port. Now waiting for my shake mix to come from Amazon but while I wait I'm living on cheese sticks, meat, and salad & keeping it under 1000 calories. When my shakes turn up I will go to 3 shakes, unlimited veggies, and a 4-5oz serving of Protein for the rest of the week. Next Monday starts 4 shakes, veggies, and broth. I'm adding Gelatin to my shakes and broth in hopes of supporting healing and not losing my hair. Since I'm bloated and hormonal I don't know how it's going but I started at 242 and know I've gotten down to 232.5 pre-bloat. Shooting for 220 for surgery. Cranky, often hungry, determined to not screw this up.

@@asmallerme2016 how exciting! Actually that seems like a lot to lose in 10 days! @@~Pam~64~ I don't know how you all are sticking to such a long preop diet!

It's hard. I've had a few slip ups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App