Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all June '16 sleevers!

Flexing abs, Gary? You're already posing for bodybuilding photos? Huzzah! :)

I'm 48 hours post-surgery now. I haven't needed the painkillers or anti-nausea meds. I do feel sore "deep" in my stomach, not in the incisions though. Still have gas, feels like a pregnancy contraction but higher up. I just went for a mile walk and had no problems, although I'm moving a little slowly. Did laundry and dishes earlier. In a pinch I could have gone to work - brain not fuzzy at all. Focusing on sip-sip sipping...

I've got a six pack in there somewhere...just can't see it yet. My surgeon said that my scars were fusing to the tissue behind them, so they would stick when I used my abs.

Your recovery sounds a lot like mine.

Silly question. Anyone just think, I miss food? I'm a picky eater so for the 3 weeks I'm on a full liquid diet, I'll be eating SF pudding and drinking milk. I don't eat Soups. Now I'm sitting here thinking, ugh. I think it's because I'm exhausted but anyone else ever feel this way?

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

june 22nd was my sleeve date. no pain just general discomfort. still gassy and trying to get my solid liquids in.

taste buds are all wacky. right now it flavoured Water, creamy Tomato Soup, sf Popsicles and maybe making some sf Jello soon. on/off again nasuea but i have meds for that. have to give myself daily inections of blood thinners so that sucks...but

still happy i did this

june 22nd was my sleeve date. no pain just general discomfort. still gassy and trying to get my solid liquids in.

taste buds are all wacky. right now it flavoured Water, creamy Tomato Soup, sf Popsicles and maybe making some sf Jello soon. on/off again nasuea but i have meds for that. have to give myself daily inections of blood thinners so that sucks...but

still happy i did this

I've been doing the shots for 10 days now (started 6 days before surgery). How long after will you be giving them?

Silly question. Anyone just think, I miss food? I'm a picky eater so for the 3 weeks I'm on a full liquid diet, I'll be eating SF pudding and drinking milk. I don't eat Soups. Now I'm sitting here thinking, ugh. I think it's because I'm exhausted but anyone else ever feel this way?

Yup! Neighbor's dropped off a homemade chicken pot pie and all I could do was smell it. :(. Sigh. (They don't know what kind of surgery I had. I feel too defensive to tell people.)

Yup! Neighbor's dropped off a homemade chicken pot pie and all I could do was smell it. :(. Sigh. (They don't know what kind of surgery I had. I feel too defensive to tell people.)
I'm only starting to tell people. I figured once it was done, it was done so what they say doesn't matter anymore. It was my husbands dinner tonight that made me miss food. He made pizza bites. Lol.

I know we aren't supposed to weigh ourselves for the first week pre-OP (because our bodies are still swollen from surgery), but I just now and had to tell my peeps:

I HIT ONE-DERLAND! As G.O.D.* is my witness, I will never weight 200 again.

*Gagging Or Dumping - the accountability elves.

I know we aren't supposed to weigh ourselves for the first week pre-OP (because our bodies are still swollen from surgery), but I just now and had to tell my peeps:

I HIT ONE-DERLAND! As G.O.D.* is my witness, I will never weight 200 again.

*Gagging Or Dumping - the accountability elves.

Woo hoo!!!

I had my surgery on the 21st as planned. What was unplanned is that I would need to stay at the hospital for two extra days. I was hoping I would be one of those people that posted on here that I didn't really experience much pain afterwards, but that was clearly not to be.

I've had a lot of trouble with getting in the liquids. Ever since they started me on them, it has been painful to actually drink. They did have me do a swallow study (also painful) and everything looked fine -- no leaks and nothing twisted. I did finally figure out though that it seems to be more sensitive to cold. So, if I have a warm drink (at least body temperature), I have signficantly less pain, or as of today, no pain at all when drinking warm liquids. Every day is getting better, but not being able to get my fluids in was part of what made it take extra long to get out of the hospital.

I also had some problems with urinating and ended up having to have a cathedar for a while. Seriously not fun on that front. I was so much happier after the second day when that came out and I could pee on my own. :)

Anyway, I'm home as of last night, and things seem to be going okay. I still have a lot of gas pain, but my warm liquids workaround seems to at least make it much easier to keep up with fluids.

I'm glad to hear that most of you didn't have to go through quite as much post-op. At least the worst is behind me now.

I had my surgery on the 21st as planned. What was unplanned is that I would need to stay at the hospital for two extra days. I was hoping I would be one of those people that posted on here that I didn't really experience much pain afterwards, but that was clearly not to be.

I've had a lot of trouble with getting in the liquids. Ever since they started me on them, it has been painful to actually drink. They did have me do a swallow study (also painful) and everything looked fine -- no leaks and nothing twisted. I did finally figure out though that it seems to be more sensitive to cold. So, if I have a warm drink (at least body temperature), I have signficantly less pain, or as of today, no pain at all when drinking warm liquids. Every day is getting better, but not being able to get my fluids in was part of what made it take extra long to get out of the hospital.

I also had some problems with urinating and ended up having to have a cathedar for a while. Seriously not fun on that front. I was so much happier after the second day when that came out and I could pee on my own. :)

Anyway, I'm home as of last night, and things seem to be going okay. I still have a lot of gas pain, but my warm liquids workaround seems to at least make it much easier to keep up with fluids.

I'm glad to hear that most of you didn't have to go through quite as much post-op. At least the worst is behind me now.

And I'm the exact opposite. Warm stuff bothered my stomach so I just keep on with Popsicles and ice Water.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Good to hear from you,@farcaster. it'll keep getting better from here!

I had my surgery on June 21. All's going well so far. Belly is a little sore, but I borrowed a body pillow and that helps me sleep (on my side). I'm not having much trouble getting my liquids or "meals" in, and I've been walking a good amount. And, I pooped today!

Anyone's tongue turn white and have a horrible taste?