Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all June '16 sleevers!

Got my approval from Cigna this week, pre-op appointment on June 22nd and surgery on June 27th, Nervous and excited!

Got sleeved June 1st. Feeling great so far.

I was sleeved June 6 (4 days ago) and things are getting better :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

How was the hospital stay? In between walking and sipping, are you mostly sleeping? Awake and feeling pain?

When you came home, how hard was it to move around - getting out of bed, taking a shower, driving?

How brain-dead do you feel? How tired/in pain?

My hospital stay was OK. I slept about half the time, but kept getting woken up by machines beeping at me. I had moderate gas pain, and found it difficult to drink. I had to initiate getting out of bed and walking around, but was able to a few times.

I really didn't have much pain other than gas, so getting out of bed, showering, driving were all fine. I am still brain dead, though. Today was my first day back at work and everything took me twice as long as it should have.

sleeping is a problem for me now, though. I slept in a chair for the first 6 days, before moving to the bed. I can't seem to find a comfortable position in bed anymore. I'm sure this will get better, though.

Got my sleeve and the first thing the dietician asked me when she came in my room was if I wanted any ginger ale! I said, I'm not supposed to have that. Then she started arguing with me!!! She said, it's a clear liquid so you'll be fine. I asked her to verify that with the surgery staff. She promptly came back and apologized. Can you imagine how much pain I would have been in from ginger ale right after surgery? OMG.

Got my sleeve and the first thing the dietician asked me when she came in my room was if I wanted any ginger ale! I said, I'm not supposed to have that. Then she started arguing with me!!! She said, it's a clear liquid so you'll be fine. I asked her to verify that with the surgery staff. She promptly came back and apologized. Can you imagine how much pain I would have been in from ginger ale right after surgery? OMG.

Clueless! Thankfully you knew better!

June 20th in DC can't wait!!

Soon2B Sleeved

Are you NoVa or DC? I am June 21 at Fair Oaks

I'm scheduled for June 24 and I'm having a really hard time with waiting! It is literally all I think about!

Ditto here, wish I could just fast forward until June 21st!

I am doing a LOT of delegation and pre-reporting at work, and pantry stock-up/vitamin sampling at home in preparation for June 22. I have my babysitter and hospital rides lined up, and made a big bank deposit to cover the surgery cost that I gotta pay next week (eeek!). 8 more dietician/psych/medical appointments to go.

I also keep thinking I'm doing my "lasts." Last big chug of a cold Water bottle. Last big bike ride or hike (for a few weeks, anyway). Last river/lake swim (for a couple of months). Last mentally-focused, supercharged day at work for a while (I hear brain fog lasts for weeks, ugh). Maybe one of my last easy nights of sleep in my own bed, given gary's experience above!

But also: one of the last days I'll see 200+ on the scale! And hopefully one of the last few weeks, EVER, that I'll be obese! (In 11 more pounds I will be "only" overweight. CAN'T WAIT!!)

How are all you June 9th sleeverv doing? When can you add Protein to your diet

Are you on a clear liquid diet with no Protein for two weeks like I am? Seems insane not to be allowed protein.

Are you on a clear liquid diet with no Protein for two weeks like I am? Seems insane not to be allowed protein.

I'm in full liquids but Protein Shakes are allowed in my diet. The doctor wants me to get 60gr of protein a day, but it has been hard to drink a lot. My diet also allows puddings, cream of mushroom, potatoes and chicken (blend and strain).

Here is a picture of the diet my doctor gave me, I hope it helps! btw, feeling great today!

post-146409-14657806233907_thumb.jpg