Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all June '16 sleevers!

My approval came in today and I am scheduled for June 21st with pre-op diet starting almost three weeks before. Apparently, when you're near 50 BMI, my surgeon likes to have an extended pre-op. Yay!

I feel like I should be nervous about having such a major surgery, but I guess it doesn't quite feel real yet.

My date is June 21st too!! I start my pre-op liquid diet next Tuesday, the 7th.

Pre-op diet for me started a couple of days ago, since I needed to do three weeks. I'm on day 3 of the diet. Some aspects are easier than I expected. I'm able to go to lunch with friends and have a glass of Water while they eat and not be losing my mind. At the same time, I have some intense feelings of hunger every once in a while and just feel generally fatigued. I guess that is to be expected with a diet that has me eating about 700 calories a day.

Anyway, something to be prepared for. I guess what makes it easier is that I only have to deal with this phase for a couple more weeks now.

Still, I think I'll mourn not having the usual Friday white chicken pizza tomorrow.

In the process right now of making a decision. My doctor just became certified in robotic assisted surgery. I have the option to agree to him doing surgery that way on me. Not sure how I feel though. Anyone elses surgeon do surgery that way?

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

@@Seastars pre-op testing is some lab work, ekg, going over day of instructions, verifying medications you take, other medical questions. When I had my scope my pre-op only took about 30min. They also do a pregnancy test on women as standard procedure.

@@Seastars pre-op testing is some lab work, ekg, going over day of instructions, verifying medications you take, other medical questions. When I had my scope my pre-op only took about 30min. They also do a pregnancy test on women as standard procedure.

Thank you. My surgeon had me do all the testing a few weeks ago, but I will meet with the team again for instructions a few days before surgery.

In the process right now of making a decision. My doctor just became certified in robotic assisted surgery. I have the option to agree to him doing surgery that way on me. Not sure how I feel though. Anyone elses surgeon do surgery that way?

Yes, my physician does. I'd want to know how much experience your doctor has had with robotic surgery before I'd personally feel comfortable, though.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

June 20th here in Alabama and I'm excited and nervous. Good luck to you all. Please keep us updated! :)

I'm 6 days post op and finally back at work. I'm feeling good and not hungry at all so far. My worries have now shifted to being one with a low beginning bmi amd being a slow loser. I know it shouldn't matter as long as it comes off eventually but I want to see fast loss too like others I've watched. My highest weight was 206 surgery weight 193 current weight is 186

June 20th here in Alabama and I'm excited and nervous. Good luck to you all. Please keep us updated! :)

I'm in Alabama too. Having mine in June 13.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I'm 6 days post op and finally back at work. I'm feeling good and not hungry at all so far. My worries have now shifted to being one with a low beginning bmi amd being a slow loser. I know it shouldn't matter as long as it comes off eventually but I want to see fast loss too like others I've watched. My highest weight was 206 surgery weight 193 current weight is 186

My dietician was just talking about this today. (I am still pre-op.) She said that especially for lower BMIs, there is an early stall about the 3 week mark, that may last about a week. She predicted I'd lose about 10-15 pounds the first and second months, then stall again. And I thought for a moment, why should I go through serious surgery just to lose at a diet-only pace? And then I remembered that dieted-off weight always comes back, haha.

Anyway, so maybe figure that these 7 pounds you've lost in 6 days (!) are PERMANENTLY gone, wahooo! Also, your skin will benefit from a slower loss.

It's great to hear your success so far. I am hoping for similar!

I'm June 20th as well currently on the high Protein low carb diet....

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Same day as me!!!

i have my sleeve booked in for june 17th in london, been waiting a long time as i'd had my original date set in november cancelled and rescheduled to february only to have it cancelled again! hopefully all goes well this time!

Edited by iheartfireflies