Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all June '16 sleevers!

I am having surgery on Monday. June 27th. I was originally scheduled for July 18th but they had a cancellation and now I'm freaking. I had planned how I would handle the month waiting, be really organized and ready. Now my brain is a mess! I had ten days to prepare when I found out I got bumped up. I'm sure it'll work out fine, it's just a little nerve wracking.

Well, today's the day! I'm kind of numb at the moment, not sure how I feel. I got a call and surgeries are running late so we wait! At least we hadn't left the house yet. I had things planned just so, so I wouldn't have a lot of time to wait and get anxious... oh well! I wish I could drink Water, but I'll deal. Two hours before I can even leave the house. Going to knit because I can't focus on a book or show right now. Wish me luck!
Best of luck! We've all been there. You will do fine. The hardest part is the wait. Remember, when all is said and done, it'll be worth it.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

Big luck, Carolyn! Hope it all goes smoothly and you are walking and sipping by this afternoon!

I had surgery on 6/22 so I guess that puts me 5 days post op! :) I'm not in as much pain as I expected and I'm tolerating the clear liquid diet. My only real frustration is that I must have retained a lot of Fluid because I've gained 5 pounds since my surgery weight. Anyone else?

Erin - 35 - illinois

HW:262

SW: 228

CW:220

Surgery date - 6/22/16

I had surgery on 6/22 so I guess that puts me 5 days post op! :) I'm not in as much pain as I expected and I'm tolerating the clear liquid diet. My only real frustration is that I must have retained a lot of Fluid because I've gained 5 pounds since my surgery weight. Anyone else?

Erin - 35 - illinois

Surgery date - 6/22/16

My weight went up after surgery, too. They pump you full of fluids in the hospital. I was 277-278 the day of surgery and was 284 the next day. It comes off quick, so don't be discouraged.

Me too! I was just coming here to gripe about it. Apparently the swelling and Fluid retention way not go down fully until about week 3.

Until then, while my belly still jiggles so much, I think I'll slip on cycling shorts (under a loose skirt) to hold it in when I walk. My lowest incision is next to my navel, so as long as the shorts don't come up that high they shouldn't rub against the incisions.

@@gary5862 looks like we started around the same weight. I was 284 before surgery. I'm at 274 now. How about u?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

252.4 as of this morning

Edit:I was sleeved on June 1st

Edited by gary5862

I'm having such a hard time getting in my fluids :( Ive tried multiple things but after about 2 hours of sipping I feel sick and like a ton of bricks in my stomach. Can we have Gatorade??

I did G2 and Powerade zero.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I'm having such a hard time getting in my fluids :( Ive tried multiple things but after about 2 hours of sipping I feel sick and like a ton of bricks in my stomach. Can we have Gatorade??

I did G2 and Powerade zero.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I don't love it by any stretch but have been doing some Isopure Protein waters. Iced tea and green tea with splash of juice it is big bottle w/40 grams of protein! I have found Vitamin Shoppe is cheaper than GNC they both sell them individually so you can try flavors.

Edited by chycky

Is anyone adding flavorless Protein to their Water?

Erin - 35 - illinois

Surgery date - 6/22/16

I have two Protein Shakes a day. That combined with greek yogurt for Breakfast, and 1/4 cup of chicken for both lunch and dinner gets me over my Protein goals by a good amount.

In two days I have to cut back on my shakes, though. They want me to only have one a day after I start on soft foods.

Erin - 35 - illinois

Surgery date - 6/22/16

I tried that but it just didn't appeal to me so instead I add it to my sf pudding and my glasses of milk that I have. I'm on full liquids but am an extremely picky eater so all I eat each day is SF pudding, milk, and water. I'm 8 days out and have to do this for 13 more.

HW: 324

SW: 319 (no pre-op diet required, only Clear Liquids one day prior)

CW: 303

6/20/2016

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

Erin - 35 - illinois

Surgery date - 6/22/16

I am adding it to broth Isopure unflavored and unsweetened. I have been drinking the isopure protein waters. I am thinking about adding it to water and seeing how it goes. I will report back!

Is there a brand of flavorless that is better than other? I am such a picky eater and so far the flavored ones I've tried are horrible to me. I'd like opinions before I spend anymore money.