Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2/9 Surgery Date Team

Jennaggie welcome, I'm glad that you decided to chime in

Everyone's journey is different so don't get discouraged. I have read about people who can tolerate more early on but from what I remember the key is to still stop at a max of 4 oz a meal

If you don't mind me asking when did you get sleeved and what are you eating?

Initially our weight losses were higher because we weren't eating anything but now it's said to come off a little slower. I've been in a stall for 10 days and I don't eat bad carbs at all, so stalls will happen (although we hate them)

Don't get discouraged the weight will come off, you may want to implement some type of workout regimen to trick your body

Hey surgery sisters and brothers!!! How's it going? Having issues with anything I can help with (seriously ask anything)? I have so many food ideas - working from home has its benefits! I can pretty much eat whatever but I haven't pushed that boundary to far.. I'm still a tuna pouch loving hippie LOL.

This revision has been a trip....I'm down 30 pounds and wow the attention makes my head spin (my wifey has been very complimentary) ... I'm only 5'2" (on a good day) so weight looks different on us short chicks... let's see the latest weird "compliment" was "dang you're stacked" so I'm guessing my boobs are still huge compared to the fact that I finally HAVE A DEFINDED WAIST again. I had to go in the basement and find bras that my 'ladies' aren't just swimming in and can present well (LOL). Going in the basement has become a shopping experience for me the last week or so.

The date of our first date is April 3rd so I like to Celebrate our "dateiversary" and I went to Target looking for a cute dress. I found one and tried it on for my best friend. She said "ummmm K that's too big on you can you get a smaller size?" I was shocked! I went and got a smaller size and its a misses LARGE - I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

I REALLY wish I could find a local in person support group but so far no dice :(

Hi there MxKitty glad to see that everything is going well, congrats on the misses Large [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322] I've been shopping my closet as well and it's not fun, I love dropping weight but I hate not fitting my wonderful clothes properly ( I am a fashion person and have a great wardrobe ) but I will take a new smaller wardrobe [emoji16] I haven't tried tuna again, first time I tried it I thought I was about to be with the Lord, it got stuck and that was an awful feeling. What part of the world are you located in?

I'm in St. Louis, Missouri :)

Eating while out of town...

Well, family traveled out of state for our daughter's softball tournament and I ate horrible!!

Restaurants - Buffalo Wild Wings, IHOP, Subway, McDonald's, Small Town Restaurants

Ate when not hungry

Kept something in my mouth at the games... Candy!

Didn't have Protein shakes

Sampled foods high in calories and sugar

Felt bloated

Had 2 free alcoholic beverages

I worked out 4 days last week, ate bad for 3 and the result is weight gain!!! Time to get back to my routine ugh...

Eating while out of town...

Well, family traveled out of state for our daughter's softball tournament and I ate horrible!!

Restaurants - Buffalo Wild Wings, IHOP, Subway, McDonald's, Small Town Restaurants

Ate when not hungry

Kept something in my mouth at the games... Candy!

Didn't have Protein shakes

Sampled foods high in calories and sugar

Felt bloated

Had 2 free alcoholic beverages

I worked out 4 days last week, ate bad for 3 and the result is weight gain!!! Time to get back to my routine ugh...

We all hit bumps in the road - you acknowledged your slip so don't beat yourself up (weight gain is punishment enough!) get back to your plan and stay faithful!!!

You got this :)

Positive it happens, I agree with MxKitty you acknowledged it don't beat you're self up. I wasn't the best at food choices this weekend as I traveled as well but I was unsuccessful in my alcohol attempt as it did not sit well with me, trial and error

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend

Where is everybody at with their weight loss so far AFTER surgery?

Getting close to 40 pounds down. Experiencing mixed feelings about where I am on my progress. So far it has been:

Family thinking I look too thin or sick.

Constantly feeling like I need to tone.

Having trouble figuring out my true goal weight versus what I originally thought before surgery.

Still having issues with food; what works with my tummy and what does not.

Also, I have NO Butt. It's flat, flat, did I mention my butt is flat? Geezs...

On the up side. I look great and clothes look good on me. People are nicer and pay more attention to me as I'm more pleasing to the eyes. Honestly, it's all a lot to take in within a two month time period. How about everyone else?

About 37 down since surgery 55 since pre-op

My weight seems to be coming off pretty slow but at least the scale is moving again

Positive - I think mixed feelings are normal, your life has taken a drastic change and it's a lot to take in. Don't let your family thoughts alter your journey and toning will happen

Listen to your body about your goal weight, I think when you get to where you should be you will know

I'm still having food issues as well, I just listen to my tummy- sometimes she's kind other times she's an evil you know what [emoji16] but again this is all new, so be patient

I can't help you with the butt thing lol, I was beyond blessed in that department but I'm willing to share lol or you can always get butt pads [emoji848]

Hi guys. I cant believe the scale says 238. I mean the last time i saw that number i was a college girl! We are talking 7 or 8 years! I'm down about 40 lbs and its so weird. i went thrifting today because all my work pants are too big. It's somewhat funny though that my jeans still fit. They must have been suuuuuuuuuppppppppper tight before. Hahaha.

I'm losing weight in my lower leg. Um eew. How about more of this abdomen or a little off the back, nope, calf it is. But I'll take it! I can actually see a difference and yesterday i was sitting at work and didnt realize i had my leg tucked up under me... and was comfty.

So confession... I had a slice of pizza, well not actually a slice, more like the toppings. It was good. But wasnt oh my gosh i gave this up why oh why good. Nothing to write home about. I'm glad. Didnt even go back for a second helping of cheese a nd pepperonis.

Ok, im rambling now. Just thought id check in. Anyone else noticing a change in their clothing yet?

And positive.... oh nooooo. Hopefully the butt shall return! (In a totally fit package)

Congrats slimtrimshel - I am so glad to hear the weight is coming off and the clothes are being exchanged for smaller sizes Woohooo. I can tell the difference in my clothes too, I actually purchased a couple pair of pants and tops and what was funny was looking at them and saying these won't fit and they do. I totally get the Jean thing too, but jeans are a different beast and seem to take the longest to go down a size. I wish my weight all comes off my abdomen and thighs lol but I'm sure it will do what it wants [emoji22]

It's ok that you ate pizza, you have to live and if you totally restrict yourself it makes it hard to succeed because this feels like a diet and not a lifestyle change. I've learned that my tummy is ok with wine lol I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing [emoji15] I haven't had any at home but was at a business dinner and had part of a glass. I have also learned that I hate business dinners grrrr, I know people pay less attention to our food intake than we think but still it annoys me.

How is everyone's exercise regimen, I've been so busy that mine is not where I want it but I am so getting on it hard this weekend because I'm sure it will melt the pounds away faster [emoji16]