Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2/9 Surgery Date Team

It's time. My scale hasn't moved in 10 days either!!! I want to scream. I just keep thinking that this is great for the skin. Right? Ugh.

Let's do some cross fit. I'm in.

Yayyyy Positive - my scale hasn't moved in 10 days

I had my follow up appointment today and they were really happy with my progress, despite no recent scale movement. I have been released for coffee and full except use Woohooo what exercise routine is everyone doing? Im ready for some extreme excessive and want to do cross fit

Don't stress as you know the scale will move soon. I get 10,000 steps in 5 days a week. I also lift 8pd weights at home at night. I'm basically burning over 1/2 of the calories I eat each day. Let's keep each other motivated!!

Haven't weight myself in a couple of weeks, people keep telling me how great I look. I however don't feel like I am losing weight.

Sounds like you are losing! How often do you weigh?

It's time. My scale hasn't moved in 10 days either!!! I want to scream. I just keep thinking that this is great for the skin. Right? Ugh.

Let's do some cross fit. I'm in.

I'm in with ya too!! What are you doing differently?

Yayyyy Positive - my scale hasn't moved in 10 days

I had my follow up appointment today and they were really happy with my progress, despite no recent scale movement. I have been released for coffee and full except use Woohooo what exercise routine is everyone doing? Im ready for some extreme excessive and want to do cross fit

Don't stress as you know the scale will move soon. I get 10,000 steps in 5 days a week. I also lift 8pd weights at home at night. I'm basically burning over 1/2 of the calories I eat each day. Let's keep each other motivated!!
how much Protein and calories are you getting in a day?

Protein 50g 500-700 calories. food is not my friend anymore. If I eat, makes my tummy hurts. I just eat as much as I can, drink as much as I can and move on. I weigh daily to help me figure out what foods work well with working out and weigh gain or loss. Sounds weird, but it's working for me. I am concerned that I may get too small, but not much I can do about it now. Dr. Said things will improve where I will enjoy food again, so we will see. Meanwhile, the pounds are coming off and I'm trying to keep up with clothes and trying to tone.

ElChris - welcome back, I thought you had abandoned us [emoji16] I think we are our worst critic and it takes a miracle for us to see what others see when it comes to weight loss, any particular reason why no scale in a few weeks? I think I would die lol, I am an everyday weigher, I tried once a week and it stresses me out big time

Lauriessp - yes let's sign up for cross fit, maybe our bodies are to accustomed to whatever we have been doing so it is refusing to make scale movement

Positive - I hope so, ok I know it will move, it's just discouraging and annoying when it doesn't - how many calories are you getting in a day?

SuzzyQ- I get in a minimum of 60 grams of Protein and average about 600 calories a day

Just haven't done it, will do it in the morning and will report back. I was in Vegas last week for a conference it was hard!!! Actually had a couple of drinks :/ bad boy

Hi Everyone! I had my quarterly with my GP and my labs were awesome. I sleep better and just generally feel much better. I know I still don't get enough Protein but I'm trying. I'm down 38 lbs. I can feel it only one person at work mentioned it. I relocated for work 2.5 years ago and I'm back at the weight I was when I arrived.... I think now anything I do lose will be more noticeable to coworkers. I still haven't told anyone at work but my boss.

I made it through another client dinner last week. Nibble here, nibble there... no alcohol.

I lost all interest for food. My GP told me that that I have to be careful since at 6 months my hunger will be back and most people gain the weight back. A bit discouraging... but has me wondering what percentage of people actually gain the weight back. :(

No rush ElChris was curious, I think it's awesome that you don't stress over the scale. I'm sure being in Vegas was hard, but you made it, how did your body handle the drinks? I'm so afraid of alcohol right now but would love a glass of red wine [emoji57]

No rush ElChris was curious, I think it's awesome that you don't stress over the scale. I'm sure being in Vegas was hard, but you made it, how did your body handle the drinks? I'm so afraid of alcohol right now but would love a glass of red wine

No issue at all, I feel like I confessing a sin here but I had a couple of Vodka and Cranberry (very little vodka) I was fine. Also had a glass of white wine but added Water to it :) also had no issues.

No rush ElChris was curious, I think it's awesome that you don't stress over the scale. I'm sure being in Vegas was hard, but you made it, how did your body handle the drinks? I'm so afraid of alcohol right now but would love a glass of red wine

No issue at all, I feel like I confessing a sin here but I had a couple of Vodka and Cranberry (very little vodka) I was fine. Also had a glass of white wine but added Water to it :) also had no issues.

Hey, this is a safe place to vent! Now you know what you can and cannot tolerate. To

I love this thread!! Everybody in the group is so positive.

Since I'm late, let me introduce myself. I am 52 years old. My high weight was 262. I am 5'7". I now weigh 234. My surgery date was also February 9. I had my surgery in Mexico. So I've been creeping on this group trying to find out foods and tips.

Again I'm going to say that I love all the encouragement that this group has for each other. It's very refreshing.

Good night for now and starting tomorrow I am going to get 10,000 steps in and some type of cross fit.

Btw can I eat an apple??

I love this thread!! Everybody in the group is so positive.

Since I'm late, let me introduce myself. I am 52 years old. My high weight was 262. I am 5'7". I now weigh 234. My surgery date was also February 9. I had my surgery in Mexico. So I've been creeping on this group trying to find out foods and tips.

Again I'm going to say that I love all the encouragement that this group has for each other. It's very refreshing.

Good night for now and starting tomorrow I am going to get 10,000 steps in and some type of cross fit.

Btw can I eat an apple??

Welcome Lauriessp! We are happy to have you join the 2/9 Team! I eat honey crisp apples LOL! It all gives me a uncomfortable feeling afterwards so it's all the same to me. Try a little and then see if your tummy will keep it down without pain. Good luck!

ElChris confess away - this is new for all of us, so I love seeing what one of us has tried and the outcome that way I know if I should try it or run [emoji16]

Welcome Lauriessp we are happy to have you - congrats on the weight loss, you will be in onderland before you know it - yayyyy for 10,000 steps, you can do it - I haven't tried apples or fruit as of yet [emoji57]

So I found out last night that my tummy does not appreciate ground beef, talk about stuck feeling and reflux - I won't be trying that again for a bit, sighhhhh

Ok so I've been just creeping and watching everyone. I'm concerned about myself though. Everyone is saying how they can't eat and aren't hungry and get like 500 cals a day...I can eat, I'm hungry. Average day for me is anywhere from 60-100 g of Protein, 20-40 carbs (mostly good a couple bad) and up to 1000 cals. I haven't started working out yet but I've been step counting. Lost 40 lbs the first two weeks (probably because I didn't eat at all just drank Water and I started heavier than almost any of you at 396). scale hasn't moved in 3 weeks. But I've gone down 4 sizes. I can tolerate any foods. And I've had a few bad things here and there. I can only eat a handful of bites at meals. Is there anyone like me? I'm afraid this is all I'll lose.