Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February 1st Sleevers!

Finally hit the gym and feel great. How is everyone else doing?

It feels so good to be moving. But man! I am out of shape!
Haha me too. But little by little we can do it.
This is my second week at the gym... last week I did three days, this week I will get in four days. I have to say I was already someone who went to the gym before this new tummy, but this is different. There is a emotional connection that I didn't have before and I really like it.

Sweating never felt so good.

I agree!

I haven't lost weight in 2 weeks. I'm so frustrated

I know the feeling. But remember that you are still recovering and healing and adapting.

My doctor reminded me of of something. When we don't get enough Water with our new tummy our body will retain the Water we do consum because it thinks you are starving yourself and dehydrating.

So be patient with your new tummy and your new brain.

Trust me... I struggle with wanting new results every day. I also struggle with wanting to be healed and wanting something normal...day by day...pound by pound.

We will get there! ❤

I haven't lost weight in 2 weeks. I'm so frustrated

I know the feeling. But remember that you are still recovering and healing and adapting.

My doctor reminded me of of something. When we don't get enough Water with our new tummy our body will retain the Water we do consum because it thinks you are starving yourself and dehydrating.

So be patient with your new tummy and your new brain.

Trust me... I struggle with wanting new results every day. I also struggle with wanting to be healed and wanting something normal...day by day...pound by pound.

We will get there!

I'm so trying. Thank you.

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. Crazy week! Palm Springs was great! Got back Thursday night. Was off Friday. Went to the gym for an assessment with my trainer - took 30 minutes. No real workout yet. For sure this weekend though. Then had to go to chiropractor for deep tissue work on a back injury - painful! The weekend was relaxing - just trying to catch up on sleep and spend time with my 17 month old daughter. I really missed her! I head out to Disneyland for another conference Tues through Thursday this week again! Can't wait for the travel to die down because I am really not able to eat that much. My calories are still well below 600 because I'm scared to experiment on the road. I also feel like I need to drink even more water!!! I hit the goal of 50 oz most days last week but I read my paper work again and I should be at like 64. That just seems impossible but it will be my goal this week!

I hope everyone is doing well!!!!!

Edited by prettyCali916

@@prettyCali916 I've only gotten to 64 a few times. It IS hard! Last night I was forcing down 1/2 bottle Water at 11:30pm to make my goal. I made it, though! I use an app called "Water Drink Reminder" I track my water through it and it makes a water sound every so often to remind me to drink.

All your traveling sounds exciting!

It is! But it's so different with food now! I used to always grab a Starbucks mocha at the airport, See's candy bars and chips for the flight and eat all kinds of things on the go! Now I immediately go to find my Protein Shakes and then look for Soups for lunch and dinner!

@@prettyCali916 I've only gotten to 64 a few times. It IS hard! Last night I was forcing down 1/2 bottle Water at 11:30pm to make my goal. I made it, though! I use an app called "Water Drink Reminder" I track my water through it and it makes a water sound every so often to remind me to drink.

I have a reminder and a water bottle that tracks every sip but somehow I can't hit the bloody goal! Is it bad that I'm glad it's not just me?

What is everyone's results so far? I've only lost 21lbs since surgery :( 37lbs total since the beginning of my pre op diet. I don't know about y'all, but I don't have really any issues eating anything. It's sort of crappy for me because I'm like dang, if I'm able to eat this without any kind of bad feeling, then what's gonna stop me from wanting this later. This is mostly referring to bread. I've seen a few people talk about not being able to eat bread and it goes down like nothing for me. The only thing that I had a problem eating was a boiled egg. It felt like it got stuck going down and was there for a good 15 minutes lol. I don't even eat boiled eggs much so even if I can never have it again (I'm sure I can in the future lol) I wouldn't be sad. Last time I ate one before this was Easter of last year lol. Although I've had bread, I don't crazy on it. I've had a whole croissant one day and it went down like nothing. Idk, I'm just worried I did something and my stomach has stretched. I am able to drink a lot of Water too. I have a 30oz cup and I easily drink 3-4 of those a day and I see people struggling with their water intake and I'm just like dang, why don't I have any issues. Idk, I just might be over thinking it. Weight is still coming off so it's still good. I just want to get to a smaller weight and be able to maintain it.

@@martytx07 I've lost 28 total. 17 of that since surgery. I struggle with fluids for sure, but agree that there's been a day or two where I felt like I could eat a lot. The surgery is just a tool...we still have to decide what we eat...and I wish my body would just automatically reject all the bad stuff and like all the good stuff, but it's not necessarily working out like that. The days where I feel I "pushed it" I follow with a day of mostly liquids. It seems to bring that restrictive feeling back. Congrats on your weightloss! This is just the beginning of much more!

All your traveling sounds exciting!

It is! But it's so different with food now! I used to always grab a Starbucks mocha at the airport, See's candy bars and chips for the flight and eat all kinds of things on the go! Now I immediately go to find my Protein Shakes and then look for Soups for lunch and dinner!

Talk about a world shift. Every time I see a Starbucks I have so many memories and I feel my hands beginning to turn into the driveway... Then I remember!! You probably keep a stocked food bag with you now? They can't sell too much Soup at the airport, lol!

What is everyone's results so far? I've only lost 21lbs since surgery :( 37lbs total since the beginning of my pre op diet. I don't know about y'all, but I don't have really any issues eating anything. It's sort of crappy for me because I'm like dang, if I'm able to eat this without any kind of bad feeling, then what's gonna stop me from wanting this later. This is mostly referring to bread. I've seen a few people talk about not being able to eat bread and it goes down like nothing for me. The only thing that I had a problem eating was a boiled egg. It felt like it got stuck going down and was there for a good 15 minutes lol. I don't even eat boiled eggs much so even if I can never have it again (I'm sure I can in the future lol) I wouldn't be sad. Last time I ate one before this was Easter of last year lol. Although I've had bread, I don't crazy on it. I've had a whole croissant one day and it went down like nothing. Idk, I'm just worried I did something and my stomach has stretched. I am able to drink a lot of Water too. I have a 30oz cup and I easily drink 3-4 of those a day and I see people struggling with their water intake and I'm just like dang, why don't I have any issues. Idk, I just might be over thinking it. Weight is still coming off so it's still good. I just want to get to a smaller weight and be able to maintain it.

I have also lost around 40. So I was talking to my friend who has had this surgery for over a year now. She said breads go down real easy but don't fill you up that's why they are a danger food for her.