Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February 1st Sleevers!

I was sleeved on feb 3rd but it seems this chat is the closest to my date...February 3rd sleepers don't have a thread so I hope you guys don't mind if I jump in conversation.

I was sleeved on feb 3rd but it seems this chat is the closest to my date...February 3rd sleepers don't have a thread so I hope you guys don't mind if I jump in conversation.

How are you feeling?

What are you eating?

How are you sleeping? Do you use a Cpap?

Have you had any acid reflux?

I want to know everything about everyone, lol! =)

How are you feeling?

What are you eating?

Feel great...down 55lbs, 2 shirt sizes and 3 pant sizes. Not bad for a month. I sleep longer than I used to...I need about 9 hours to feel energized. I've never needed a cpap. The acid feeling is weird, I don't help it because I have indulged with the occasional cocktail...is what it is though.

How are you feeling?

What are you eating?

Feel great...down 55lbs, 2 shirt sizes and 3 pant sizes. Not bad for a month. I sleep longer than I used to...I need about 9 hours to feel energized. I've never needed a cpap. The acid feeling is weird, I don't help it because I have indulged with the occasional cocktail...is what it is though.

Thank you!

I sleep better as well, so odd because before surgery I had so much trouble. I hope this part continues!

I got a wedge pillow to sleep on to raise my head, I'd try that at night for sure if you haven't yet. I haven't had alcohol in a 3 months now. Really ... and I never liked hard alcohol or wine, I only like good beer. But I can't have the fuzz nor the alcohol.

Yet? O.o

I jist started with heartburn about a week ago. Anyone else? I take pepcid twice a day...although I forget sometimes. Is the heartburn normal?

I jist started with heartburn about a week ago. Anyone else? I take pepcid twice a day...although I forget sometimes. Is the heartburn normal?

Yes I think I have it, I do not know if it's normal. But, reading every other Bariatric Surgeons Protocols they do like to keep patients on a proton pump inhibitor for up to 6 months, so I guess that means it's an issue.

Mine just started last week when the PA told me that I should be eating more and I graduated to the "new normal". Which my stomach does not really like yet, I was feeling weak and dizzy and my blood pressure got low so I freaked out and I ate more. Now, I feel like I burned my throat or nasal passages since that one day. BUT also, my CPAP could be bothering me and maybe it's not acid reflux.

I have to figure this out and soon. My next appt is not until March 23rd. The PA says not to worry. My primary Care Dr says not to worry. Everyone says not to worry. But this is me, I'm worried, lol.

Has anyone had any stalls last week and this week? I have been fluctuating between 236-234! Start wt was 260.

Yes I have been fluctuating between 224-229. Annoying. My husband tells me to be patient but it's hard!

I am on my period too. Started Mon but its Fri now! And yes I worry that I will not lose anymore wt too! I am 51 and going through the change as well. So emotions suck! Lol! Constipation has been an issue. As far as food I have been eating soft to regular food but chewing chewing chewing! Just had a salad for first time! I get all my Protein but hard to get all the Water in. I used to deink TONS of water but guzzled! Sipping hard to adjust to.

I can't seem to drink without swallowing air and water fills me up. I feel like I will never get all the fluids in. I'm like a dry husk, lol!

Hey y'all! I'm trying to get in more solid Protein - trying to cut out those Protein Shakes. They are messing with how often I use the restroom.

Anyway, I've been on real food for about a week now. Kinda hard. Struggling to make the right choices and get enough in. Water is still an issue but one thing I noticed is that using a straw is a godsend! I went to Breakfast with a friend at work yesterday and grabbed a 20oz bottle of water which I drained in like 30 minutes using a straw! I'm going to keep doing it. Not using a straw was not one of my instructions lol.

Good to see your updates. Hang in there! We should be hopefully settling in to some kind of consistency really soon!

@@Amelie2016 What's a proton pump inhibitor? I wasn't given one of those?

A proton pump inhibitor is a medicine that stops your body from producing as much acid, my surgeon put me on a mandatory two month course after surgery, then said if I had any issues with acid after to go to my doctor and get it re-prescribed. Because it reduces the amount you produce (rather than just help with what you have) I haven't had any trouble with acid. (note: that's just me, people react differently. Even with the PPI you may have an issue).

A proton pump inhibitor is a medicine that stops your body from producing as much acid, my surgeon put me on a mandatory two month course after surgery, then said if I had any issues with acid after to go to my doctor and get it re-prescribed. Because it reduces the amount you produce (rather than just help with what you have) I haven't had any trouble with acid. (note: that's just me, people react differently. Even with the PPI you may have an issue).

Yeah, I have to take esomeprazole for 6 months. It's to reduce the stomach acids and decrease your chance of getting stomach ulcers.

Yeah, I have to take esomeprazole for 6 months. It's to reduce the stomach acids and decrease your chance of getting stomach ulcers.

Ok. I was prescribed Pepcid AC. I think that's the same thing. I actually recently discovered some cavities in my teeth at the gumline and the dentist said that they were from acid reflux. How crazy is that?!

Yes heart burn and acid reflux are normal after the gastric sleeve. Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) are often prescribed. Pepcid is not a PPI but does work on reducing the acid. Over the counter PPIs are Nexium and Prilosec. I suggest switching to one of those if Pepcid isn't cutting it.