Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who do you want to be after?

My family was supportive and all for me, but right at the end of the process my 16 yr old got really scared. It was tough going through with it, knowing how scared he was, but I had to do it for myself.

I am 55 yrs old and scheduled to have a gastric sleeve next month. I also can not wait to wear some fashionable clothes. My children are non supportive,they want me to cancel my surgery.

I want to wear a sheath dress, pencil skirt and a button down shirt (not together of course). And never have to shop at a plus sized store again. I am close but still need to wear a 14W in pants.

You can find a lot of 14/16 sizes in non-plus size stores!

I am just going for my first meeting with my surgeon this Friday, but I already have a "Likes" list made up on ModCloth. Their clothes are so cute and feminine. I have to dress like, what I feel, an old lady might wear (I'm 37) right now because choices are extremely limited to me. I love the look with leggings and boots too!

I would like to get into makeup more also, this is sad, but right now, I just feel ridiculous "dolling up" because I won't look good not matter what I do. Gaining more confidence will definitely be welcome :)

The only downside? The cost of shopping :P

Also, I used to have trouble finding my size on a rack. I'm finding that's still the case. What's the deal with the lack of smalls on a rack??

Wow, did you ever imagine that you would be in a place where all the clothes on the rack are too big? Sounds like a dream. What a feeling that must be lol.

OK, I'll play!

At 137 pounds (after losing 98 pounds), I'm 70 years old and look 50. And obviously, as we say down South, I have the big-head. ;)

I am now wearing clothes bought (mostly) at a local high-end consignment shop. Sizes that fit me range from US 2 - 8 (I can't predict what will fit -- just have to try them on to make sure):

St. John

Polo

Escada

Worth New York

Eileen Fisher

DKNY

Anne Klein

BCBG Max Azria

I have found some great pieces for (crazy as it sounds) 5-10% of their original price.

I also find good basics at Talbots, Chicos, The Loft, banana Republic, even JCPenney (love their gym clothes) and TJMaxx (great place for belts).

Victoria's Secret and Soma are new haunts for me. Somehow, their bras make my tits look (in clothes, at least) like Giselle Bundchen's. And at Dillards I even found an awesome backless bra that glues on, which opens up a whole new can of designer clothing worms.

Here's the crazy part -- even with all my post-op shopping I still don't spend even close to the amount of money I used to spend pre-op -- when a boxy plus-size suit / blouse that looked even halfway decent cost me $400. Jeez, Pendleton! It's truly as someone above smartly called it, a "fat lady tax."

Like @@Miss Mac said, I definitely no longer dress like Kathy Bates, but now lean toward rocker chic. I pair (second-hand) St. John linen slacks with a leather jacket and a braided leather Bracelet. Or Escada jeans and leather boots with a silk Anne Klein blouse. Or an Eileen Fisher cashmere V-neck sweater and a white teeshirt with ripped skinny jeans. Or an Hermes scarf (tied as a halter blouse) with a lightweight blazer and those ripped jeans.

This is WAY more fun than boxy Pendleton plus size suits! :)

Prior to weight loss I had a basic uniform of black jeans and a black top. I work from home but have to have meetings from time-to-time and that was always a nightmare trying to figure out what to wear. Now I play dress-up all the time. And I love to go shopping! I have some great skirts and colored tights, low boots and high boots, hats -- recently I got a faux leather jacket in a kind of silver grey. Looks great. We live in a rural area and when I go to the city for getaways I take my sexiest stuff along with me as I am still uncomfortable with attention. Last summer I wore a sleeveless linen sundress I bought in a consignment store. Oh my god, sleeveless. My goal is to work my arms so I look even better in it this summer. Isn't it great celebrating ourselves and enjoying the fun instead of hiding out? Thanks for this great thread.

I want to look like Debbie Harry.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I just want to walk into a room and blend in....

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I understand! I felt like I stuck out when I was 245lbs but now even far from my goal I feel like just another face in the crowd and it's wonderful!!!! You will get there too!!!

well one thing I am looking forward to is making my OWN clothes again - and having them exactly the way I want them to be, in the color I want and the fabric I like. planning a project for this fall - a smocked nightgown for myself. the size on that will be forgiving enough that it's a good place to start.

I tend to like a variety style wise comfy, sometimes a little too comfy at home lounging - sometimes a little preppy, but then I like to dress up, wear dresses, blouses with slacks - Agent Carter style, but I also hope to incorporate some steam punk into my outfits. We'll see. I'll need to go to MAC and get a new red lipstick I suppose.

As far as the 'wearing my shirt tucked in' I'm not quite there yet because my stomach,and panni especially, is in need of some major plastics. It's a shame really, because at 140 pounds, I should be able to wear a shirt tucked in and not feel self conscious :(

I have to wear my shirt tucked in at work so my pants don't fall off :angry:

As far as the 'wearing my shirt tucked in' I'm not quite there yet because my stomach,and panni especially, is in need of some major plastics. It's a shame really, because at 140 pounds, I should be able to wear a shirt tucked in and not feel self conscious :(

I want to be able to wear pants and jeans!

I want to be able to wear pants and jeans!

I can NOT wait to hear about it when you do!

It does!! That's one of the reasons dresses and skirts are OK now. No more chub rub. No more chafing or sweaty inner thighs. Pantyhose goes on without fighting, and I don't have to worry I'll cause a run trying to pull them up and stuff myself into them.

Oh the pleasures of being normal sized. It's wonderful...you newbies have no idea the marvelous things coming your way. :D

This sounds like a dream!

I am only 2 weeks post up, so I am definitely looking forward to it all!

Edited by UsernameTaken