Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who do you want to be after?

The only downside? The cost of shopping :P

Also, I used to have trouble finding my size on a rack. I'm finding that's still the case. What's the deal with the lack of smalls on a rack??

Lol, I think anyone can say that about any size anything. I literally just said that yesterday when I was looking for a large. Granted I was looking at athletic gear in January. Lol again

I'm actually researching this right now. I have to do something while I get all my preop work done, right?

Pinterest has been a great help, along with a book I got recently about style for women > 40. I've realized that my personal style has been a bit unfocused, which has led me to some choices I've been very happy with, and some unfortunate ones. I've realize that simple lines, classic cuts, and timeless fashion are what have always appealed to me. It will be a LOT easier to find things worth investing in when I'm not in that Twilight Zone of "sometimes a plus size, sometimes a standard size". One of my treats to myself at goal will be to sew a tweed Chanel jacket with all the couture details. Did you know you can buy tweeds from the same mill that Chanel buys from?

What a want is to buy a shirt or a sweater where the shoulders don't droop down my arms so that it fits over my boobs. Right now I just can't do a classic white button-up shirt. Anything that fits over the front has sleeves that are too long and shoulders too wide. I don't have very narrow shoulders, and once I get to where my circumference is more in keeping with my bone structure, it will be SO much easier to get things that fit.

Right now I wear knits almost exclusively, because they have give and drape. I'd love to explore wovens again. I'd love to wear jeans that were both comfortable and flattering, just now they're just not a good look for me, and they're beastly uncomfortable, especially all day at my desk.

I have a friend who is an absolute genius at consignment shopping. She's on board to replenish my wardrobe as I shrink. I have things stored in the attic that will do me for the first 20-30 lbs. loss, maybe further with the addition of something like a belt for the cardigan sweaters, that kind of thing.

And in the meantime (thanks to a year-end bonus), I bought myself a lovely new handbag and tote for work, and did a bit of shopping on eBay over the weekend; I'm wearing my first-ever statement necklace today, and it's drawn raves. I think it cost about $15 on eBay.

I've got unfortunate feet from past injuries, so time will tell if the weight loss will enable me to wear some kind of heels again.

Yup! I thought about this all the time. I think it's because I used to see so many clothes I wanted to wear, but couldn't. Now that I can I wear leggings, dresses, boots, etc and spend more time on my makeup and my hair.< /p>

Honestly, I just want to run into any store and grab a cute dress and shoes and not dread about how awful it will look on me. The one outfit I really look forward to wearing is a basic white tee tucked into a basic pair of jeans and a belt. That's all I ask

@@2goldengirl - I have the same issue with button-down shirts. My breasts are enormous (E cup) so if I get a button-down that fits and buttons properly over my boobs then the shoulders will be bunchy and the belly will puff out like a tent. Which makes me look like a fridge wearing a shirt. Not cool. I envy women who can wear fitted button-downs that emphasize their small waists and pretty shape. One sweet day :)

@@Nurse_Lenora

Yes, yes, yes! I had not even thought about wearing a dress in at least 15 years or more. I was thin as a teen and actually still very shapely in my early 20's. Then at 25 I quit smoking and wham! I put on 60lbs in 1 year.

The pounds just kept piling on and I went from skinny to morbidly obese by the time I was 30 years old.

Years of yo yo diets just kept adding to my totals and I spent my 30s and all of my 40s covering up everything. Black was my favorite color. I hated clothes shopping and avoided it as much as I could.

Same is true of shoes. I spent my money on designer hand bags because clothes and shoes just did not matter.

Now, I can wear boots and dresses. I love that look and although I have a couple of pieces I am holding off til I reach my goal. I can shop pretty much anywhere now and my favorite thing to do is to just go try on clothing. Mostly because I can.

I am tracking trends so that I know what styles suit me best. Now I just need to win the lottery so I can have a giant closet filled with clothing!

As far as the 'wearing my shirt tucked in' I'm not quite there yet because my stomach,and panni especially, is in need of some major plastics. It's a shame really, because at 140 pounds, I should be able to wear a shirt tucked in and not feel self conscious :(

@@needtorecover, G to H here. I think my shoulders & sleeve length will be just fine in a size 6-8. We'll see!

Wow, this is a hard topic for me! I didn't think it would be. I was always thin also until I was around 40 when psych meds, a hysterectomy, chronic pain and menopause hit. I gained rapidly and it seems like it never stopped. My brain sometimes still imagines the me before when I was a size 5 or 7 and not 20. I think more than anything, I want to be able to wear clothes that I like and not be self conscious in them, I don't want to walk past a mirror and cringe. I can't wait until the day I walk past a mirror and I see me again.

I love clothing that the only term for it would be flower child or hippie ;) I would love to be able to pull off the soft romantic looks of the gypsy skirts, little tops and bangles.

So funny, I can only seem to find smalls and I'm a medium.

The only downside? The cost of shopping :P

Also, I used to have trouble finding my size on a rack. I'm finding that's still the case. What's the deal with the lack of smalls on a rack??

I live in a part of the country where heat and humidity is unreal.

I have some ideas, plans of stuff I want to do in the yard.

Thusly......id like to reach the point where I felt good doing my yard work shirtless and feel good about.

Same thing at beach and pool.

On casual nights out I'd like to reach that point where I felt great in a pair of jeans and not some baggy-ass slacks. A tailored fitted shirt with the jeans instead of the baggy polo shirts, too.

Aside from that I'll simply wear the smile that's been there a lot more lately .

Feeling better is a great thing.

2016 should work out just fine.

@@needtorecover

To be an active participant in your life again is such a gift. You will have all new adventures. Enjoy~!

@@Babbs

At my high weight..when the tag said size 22 it meant All clothing in that size would fit. What is going on with jean sizes as you get smaller? At goal I range in 3 sizes.

I'm actually just looking forward to being able to buy more affordable clothes. It's like there's a "fat lady tax" on the nice clothes available in my current size (22-24). If you look online, when you have to jump to the plus size on the scroll button, the price jumps too! It's so unfair. I've complained a LOT about plus size clothing. The stupid euphemisms when you go shopping at a department store and you can't find the clothing you're looking for... is it misses this time? Or women's? Or plus? I end up wandering around searching and then when I find the plus size section it's a tiny, dusty corner of the store with humiliating floral patterned shirts or elastic banded jeans. I hate shopping. I end up ordering everything online at retailers where I know my exact size.

I just want to be able to go to a regular department store and shop in the regular sized section and pick out what I want, rather than be forced to shop in a 50 square foot space with 5 shirt varieties and a few pant options.

Oh, and I want to be able to wear necklaces again! I miss jewelry. I know I can use extenders but it's a pain and I keep losing mine. I just want to pick up a necklace and not worry about it being too tight on my neck.

Last thing: I hope my chub rub goes away. You know, when you're wearing a skirt and your thighs create friction and it becomes uncomfortable. Spanx solve that problem somewhat but I'd just love to wear a skirt without restrictive undergarments!

Fun topic :) It's making me look forward to the future!

Amen sister !! So true everything you said. I am looking forward to being able to go to the "normal sizes" and fit into something that is not just with a large floral print. What do these people think that come up with these designs for overweight people? News flash: Floral patterns do not flatter an overweight women. I am not a person who wears a lot of dresses probably because I have huge legs and never thought I looked good in one, However my brother in law is getting married at the end of May. I have been actually thinking a lot lately about how good I am going to look in a dress by then and hopefully in a " normal size" not XL tent...lol :rolleyes:

I am a T-shirt and Jeans kinda girl, I love everything from knee boots to motorcycle boot to cowboy boots. Today I was looking at some jeans at a friends shop that were waist measurement sizes, I was thinking hmmmm I'm going to have to learn a new way to shop. I was just killing time till we went and saw her new space. She runs over and asks me what size I want to be, I know it's crazy but my focus has been on just getting through and feeling better, She decided on what my size will be and put the Jeans back for me as an intensive.

Style wise I want to be able to wear button down shirts, jeans and tuck my shirt in, dress clothes wise I really love the Annie hall type look, plaid pants, jacket and button shirt, more masculine but still feminine. Gosh, I am getting really excited.