Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

whoa. i just noticed something amazing.

no carbs, no sugar, no salt, no caffeine = no mood swings!!!

seriously, i was prone to "food rage" before but i could never place what was causing. I tired gluten free, vegetarian, etc but nothing worked. but now i think i have the key! I am very even right now, not mad, not sad, just content and fine. this is crazy!

T minus day and a half until real foo!

15lbs down - 13 days post op

this video is SUPER handy.

Also I got some great tips - gonna get 4oz tupperwares for my meals and do layering of flavors like she did. I think my first "real food" day will be something like this:

Breakfast - egg white scramble with salsa and sour cream and little cheese - MAYBE a few potatoes or 1/2 whole wheat toast.

snack - shrimp with cocktail suace

lunch - corn tortilla, shredded chicken, cheese, Beans, salsa, sour cream MAYBE avocado

snack - cold cut roll up - turkey, 1/2 cheese stick, miracle whip and mustard

dinner - shrimp, cauliflower rice, peppers, low sodium soy sauce, butter

all these consist of four ounces. If i need more Protein i'll drink a shake. :)

so this is my 2 week mark! thank God!

weird thing in the last 24 hours the shakes have started to make me feel icky. it's weird cuz i been drinking these freaking things for 2 weeks so why start upsetting my stomach now? ugh. last day before i go on the mushy stuff. YAY. dunno what to do about this shake thing. like ignore it and drink them and feel crappy or...well i guess there is no "or". sigh.

anyways. 217 today so down 15lbs in the two weeks which is pretty great. had a few stumbles here and there but i got thru it. tonight i'm going shopping and going to try to stay low sugar, low sodium, somewhat lowfat, high Protein and prolly no carbs or only a couple whole wheat things for now. till i reach my first goal of 50lbs.

Great video. How far out is that lady? That seems like so much food. I am not sure I can eat all that!

I went grocery shopping yesterday. Overwhelming. I took my time looking at stuff, Protein, calories, etc.

I picked up some packets of tuna. chicken breast to shred. Cod pieces. Deli lunch meats, cheese slices and shredded cheese. Some soft fruits. Eggs/egg whites. We will see what I decide to try tomorrow.

Good luck!

Great video. How far out is that lady? That seems like so much food. I am not sure I can eat all that!

I went grocery shopping yesterday. Overwhelming. I took my time looking at stuff, Protein, calories, etc.

I picked up some packets of tuna. chicken breast to shred. Cod pieces. Deli lunch meats, cheese slices and shredded cheese. Some soft fruits. Eggs/egg whites. We will see what I decide to try tomorrow.

Good luck!

Yeah im going after work. got my list down:

I'm not sure how far she is i think she is still on "soft foods though" remember even tho it looks like a lot those are little itty bitty 4oz containers.

Rotisserie chicken

Bison

Refried Beans

Shredded Cheese

Asparagus

Goat cheese

Salmon

Avocado

eggs

Cottage cheese

Canned pears

Canned peaches

Green Beans

Liver

Whole wheat tortillas

White beans pinto beans

Cilantro

Onions

Garlic

Chicken wings

Bacon

All beef hotdogs

Sausage

Whole wheat bread

Peppers

Ham

Corn tortillas

sugar free hot chocolate

sugar free cool whip

Fage yogurt

Great shopping list! You got me watching a whole bunch of videos on youtube now.

Great shopping list! You got me watching a whole bunch of videos on youtube now.

Ha ha I watched so many on there.

OK I have a confession to make. I cheated. Since the shakes are making me sick I had an ounce of rotisserie chicken and that's pretty much all I could get down now it's stuck in my esophagus LOL. Serves me right. I'm not going to eat anymore of it tonight. I'll see how my stomach reacts now that I get to move onto smushy/real food

It is ok to try, it is only a couple of hours early. Did you shred the chicken and soak it in broth? I know it is supposed to be really moist.

Are you tracking your food on myfitnesspal?

Oh, and I am sick of the Protein drinks, so far they don't make me physically sick though.

Edited by thisfathasgot2go

It's that rotisserie chicken so it's really moist but clearly not moist enough or I didn't chew it enough or I ate it too fast. It did go down eventually but I don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon. I made some refried Beans and soggy scrambled eggs canned pears and canned peaches. Those are going to be my go to's for a little bit

first day of real food.

first i took my Vitamins and Calcium for the first times. i got BariMelts. they made me sick at first but it passed. i took them on empty stomach.

Breakfast will be: scrambled eggs (like 2oz) with cheese and milk (i was gonna try 1/2 a whole wheat english muffin but i was too scared after the chicken stuck in the esophagus thing last night.

lunch: fat free refried Beans with cheese. salsa, sour cream and avocado on the side.

snacks: sugar free pears in juice and sugar free peaches in juice.< /p>

i'll let you know how it goes. i forgot to buy the damn cottage cheese last night but i might try "quesadilla" type thing tonight with 1/2 a whole wheat tortilla.

have a great skinny day every one! xoxo

I have been taking my multi-Vitamins since the day I left the hospital. 2x's a day.

I don't have to start my Calcium until a month out, so I have a couple more weeks.

This morning, I had two tablespoons of egg whites (in a carton) which is about .66 of 1 egg. Spray olive oil pam, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of shredded mozzarella cheese. It was not very moist, but it was shredded by fork and went down pretty good.

In between several bites, I peeled grapes. I ate 4 peeled grapes after the eggs.

I have not eaten anything else, yet. I am thinking about lunch, but I will probably try the same thing - eggs and maybe a soft veggie.

Good luck on your menu today!

p.s. today is the first day i felt skinny-ish. maybe i just wasn't as bloated lol ;)

:D Cheers to feeling skinny!

Breakfast update. 2oz of scambled eggs with cheese and milk. after an hour i still wasn't able to finish them so i put them away but the taste was good and i feel ok. little bubble guts but i think it's just gas.

one more tip guys. i havent had coffee for about four weeks now. but there is a yummy tea (and i'm not a tea person) i can recommend:

it's david's tea. they have flavors like caramel popcorn, and maple Syrup and they are delish!