Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@Rose1up!

YES!! He is the best! I played tennis with Dawn for years so I met Darren a long time ago - but I never thought I'd have the money to get this done. He is great and so is Dr. Atkinson. The follow up staff at Desert Springs was great too! Dr. Atkinson is hot too lol. He came in at like 6am one morning at the hospital and i was like WTF who is this hottie?? LOL.

Best of luck to you. Keep in touch! Since we are both in Vegas we can meet up and not eat somewhere ;):)

Edited by pr_pitbullgrl

Mocha went down fine. Then Apple sauce made me sick. ????????

@@pr_pitbullgrl I had my surgery with Atkinson! lol dang another Vegas peep. You know of any groups/facebook groups that are local? I can't ever make it to the support group because of work.

I know three of us from vegas. We're kinda like a group lol.

@Rose1up!

YES!! He is the best! I played tennis with Dawn for years so I met Darren a long time ago - but I never thought I'd have the money to get this done. He is great and so is Dr. Atkinson. The follow up staff at Desert Springs was great too! Dr. Atkinson is hot too lol. He came in at like 6am one morning at the hospital and i was like WTF who is this hottie?? LOL.

Best of luck to you. Keep in touch! Since we are both in Vegas we can meet up and not eat somewhere ;):)

Omg... you about split my gut while I was reading your post. I worked with Soong in Surgery at Summerlin. Thats when he was doing General Surgery. He was still at Summerlin when he was making the transition to Bariatric Surgery. I knew about all thier surgeries because I also assisted the Desert Springs Bariatric Coordinator with thier reporting. I will be having my case done at Desert Springs too. Atkinson did the seminar. Im glad to have you on here for local support. I will keep you posted on my journey and let you know how my surgery goes. So glad to meet you woman!!!

@Rose1up!

Question for you.... will I have to do a preop diet first?

I didn't but my friend Travis did. (Also dr Atkinson) are you insurance or self pay? What's your height weight bmi?

I didn't but my friend Travis did. (Also dr Atkinson) are you insurance or self pay? What's your height weight bmi?

Insurance and Im 5'6 with BMI of 41

Hmmm I think with insurance you might have to do it.

I'm not sure what dictates it. I know Dr. soong felt my stomach and ribs and said it would be easy to do the surgery I think that's because I carry most of my fat in my ass and hips and thighs and my stomach is relatively small.

But to be honest I have no idea what it has to do with it could have to do with the insurance thing

hows everyone doing today.

i'm doing fine stomach wise (i can drink like regular) but eating is still bascially the same. little less sensitive than before.

vegas thought it would be funny and thro some snow and hail our way.....so i'm still at work waiting for the SEMA traffic and hail to die down so i can go home -_-

p.s. i want a grilled cheese sandwich

11260680_10207530829966144_3480274452298

Edited by pr_pitbullgrl

Not doing good. Haven't had a BM in a week, it feels like I ate to much, wore a tight fitting shirt to work and felt fat all day. Didn't get my walk/run in today because I was at the dentist. One of those shit days. Looking forward to a new day tomorrow????

My surgery was yesterday morning. Recovery was the worst part of it all when you first come off anesthesia before any pain medicine.

After a few hours sleep with pain meds, I felt significantly better. I walked around 50 laps around the nursing station last night and woke up feeling amazing this morning. I even got a shower in and put my make up on and sat in a rocking chair most the day.

I'm weaning myself off the pain medicine, which I'm not sure is a good or bad decision.

However I will say, my appetite is at none. I finally ate some broth to get the gas coming out of the bottom end.

After the initial pain of recovery, the worst part is literally the pressure of the gas in your chest. I found a system that worked well. Drink drink drink walk about 5 laps repeat! The Water actually helped my gas escape and dissipate.

I weigh 315 lbs. post-265630-14466945092372_thumb.jpg

Here's the incisions to expect, and they will be sore. But they will get better! post-265630-14466945612205_thumb.jpg

Good luck to you all!!

Congratulations. Sounds like you're having a very good recovery. Everything you described is very normal similar to what we all went through. Great job. Let us know how you are getting on day by day.

@retriever I hear you I had the shittiest day ever there was rain snow and hail there's a giant convention by my work which is taking me an hour to get home and my car got a flat tire let's just start tomorrow fresh ;-)

@@kyear

Welcome you are doing great for 1 day out! Your incisions look great! Keep doing what you are doing, walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip, if you are in pain take the medicine!

@@pr_pitbullgrl

We had rain yesterday, and some hail, but it turns to snow and crazy stuff once it goes East. Tomorrow is another day. I worked from home today. Ate some whole wheat Pasta spaghetti, that was frozen from a previous dinner. I only could eat a little bit. I am still stuck on 180, but I hope it turns to 179 tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

@@retrieverguy

I finally had a BM yesterday. The build up sucks and it is very uncomfortable. I had to do a mix of Smooth Move, coffee and prune juice back to back and it was still painful, but when it happened, it was such a relief. Hang in there.

hows everyone doing today.

i'm doing fine stomach wise (i can drink like regular) but eating is still bascially the same. little less sensitive than before.

vegas thought it would be funny and thro some snow and hail our way.....so i'm still at work waiting for the SEMA traffic and hail to die down so i can go home -_-

p.s. i want a grilled cheese sandwich

11260680_10207530829966144_3480274452298

I didnt see the hail today but we finally got our Fall/Winter season. About time right? What type of foods do you crave still and why? Do certain food smells still make you hungry??