Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I scrambled them actually put a piece of cheese well Quarter piece of cheese salsa and sour cream turkey bacon was delicious just like that pepperoni chips but not as salty. Wait a minute are you telling me you don't drink Isopure out of the bottle you're supposed to add it to something?because that Alpine punch made me so sick I thought I was going to die seriously heart palpitations headache cramps it was crazy

@@pr_pitbullgrl

Hell no. That stuff is TOOO sweet by itself. I dilute it with Water or add it to my cup of tea. I have read that some people drink it straight, but I cannot. I just measure out 2 - 4 oz. at a time and add the same amount of Water or I will add an oz to my cup of tea.

You can make popsicles or add it to Jello too.

Edited by thisfathasgot2go

i feel like i might be ready to try a mocha lol. just a little one! #starbucks what do you guys think?

I drink one cup of black caffeinated coffee each morning. Lookup the calories on a Starbucks mocha and it will shock you.

360 calories is high. I'd rather eat

well if i order a "short" (8 oz) non-fat mocha it has 120 calories. im on such low calories a day right now that it doesn't concern me.

now what it does have is 21g of carbs. that's my main concern. i can add Protein powder to it to add to its 7g of Protein tho. but idk. im thinking literally like once a week. not every day like i used to. tho i just had coffee in my office (keurig) with some non dairy Creamer.< /p>

LOL you must be looking up a grande with full fat milk and whip cream. im talking a short with non fat milk and no whip cream.

Edited by pr_pitbullgrl

Then I would do it

I would not start up that habit. But I am not a Starbucks person. Their coffee is too strong for me. I stick with my home Keurig, one cup a day in the AM, about 3-4 days a week.

Your feelings are normal. Just know that the first day sucks, and each day gets a little better. Stick to your doctor's plan for liquids and Proteins.

Walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip, burp, fart and you will feel better soon.

Good luck

good luck! so exciting!

p.s. turkey bacon is my savior lol yum!

thanks girls!

we're here for you every step of the way. if you start at the beginning of this thread it was from my surgery day to now (almost 4 weeks later) and this group is really supportive so keep us posted. xoxo!

12208475_10207523880352408_2907876754580

here it is. short, nonfat, no whip mocha. :) i'll let you know how it is :D

Here's the "two week" email from my doctor...

It is now 2 weeks since your Sleeve Gastrectomy and time to begin transitioning from the liquid phase to more solid food. Start off with foods of the consistency of scrambled eggs and cottage cheese and gradually increase to normal solids and meats and vegetables. Be aware that initially that you will likely feel full before the 4 ozs, most feel full with 1-3 ozs of solid food. This will gradually increase over this next year. Even if you cannot initially eat the full 4 ozs, I believe it is still important to weigh out with a scale or measure with a known size container a consistent 4 ozs every meal, even if you have to throw away or restore what you cannot finish. This gets you in the important habit of portioning out a known food volume rather than just eating as much as your stomach will hold. Also it trains your brain to see 4 ozs as a lot of food, whereas your brain before surgery saw 4 ozs as just a tiny amount of food. Also it teaches your brain that it is OK not to always have to finish all the food on the plate, and it is OK top stop eating even when more food is available. How much you can eat will also depend on what foods you are eating. For example, you may be able to eat 3 ozs of something soft like scrambled eggs, but only 1 ozs of something more dense like chicken, and you will have to eat chicken in smaller bites and slower than scrambled eggs. As you increase the solids you should be weaning off the Protein shakes. Most patients like doing just one Protein shake for a Breakfast Meal Replacement. If you eat a solid Breakfast you do not need to do a Protein Shake.< /p>

If you feel discomfort, pain, or acid reflux after eating it usually means you took too big a bite, ate too fast, or overfilled the Sleeve pouch. You should stop eating before you begin feeling discomfort but you will only be able to determine this if you are eating slowly and concentrating on your level of "fullness." If you are having acid reflux at night you can try over the counter Prilosec, Pepcid or Zantac. If it persists let us know and we can give you a prescription for something stronger like Protonix or Nexium.

--

Darren Soong, M.D., F.A.C.S

Awesome! Dr. Soong is my surgeon too. Ive known him for years.