Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

Try the Vega brand of plant Protein. It's my favorite. Very tasty, high quality and well rounded. Protein and Greens in Tropical or berry. Yummy. Has complete protein, 2 servings of veggies, Fiber and Vitamins. Vega One has even more good stuff like Probiotics. Easy to find at Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe, Amazon.

Hi guys!! Just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything about Ron.

I also wanted to say that you guys are an encouragement for me. I thought I was going to be in the October group but I haven't had my surgery. Seeing your posts have helped me to keep on fighting. You guys are doing it!!! One day soon I'll be on the losers' bench!!

Ron had another set back. He came home from the hospital & was taken back to the hospital for a possible blood clot in his lungs. So far haven't heard anymore. Praying for a full recovery for him!

You can still be in our Oct. group! Have you gotten a date yet?

No not yet. I'm still waiting for my approval. But I know I'll get my approval very soon. ????

A little over 4 weeks out and down 43 pounds. I can't tell a difference buy everyone else can. I still struggle to get all my Protein and Water in, but mainly because I sleep so much still. I've always loved sleep. Lol I'm trying to stay up all day today (6am-10pm) so fingers crossed I can get it all in today.

I'm at a stall though. I keep bouncing around between a pound or up a pound. It's annoying. But I need to stop weighing myself everyday, but I can't help it!! Ugh.

I've been having trouble taking my Vitamins even. They feel stuck, and gag me. Then I have to try and not getting sick. I'm still barley eating 1/4 cup of food once or twice a day. An average meal is 3 chunks of cheese, 2 slices of turkey meat and now at dinner I had my veggies and I try and have some fruit mixed with yogurt(3oz) in the morning. So not very much. I get so full so fast.

@jhod thanks so much. I will try that out! Would be nice to have something tastier.

I was able to get 75 grams Protein in yesterday, but still struggling to get in enough calories. Good news, though....I got on the scale this morning. Lost 3 lbs from yesterday! Trying not to get too excited, but it could be the start to something good.

@whoahbabyy. I invested in chewable vitamins and Calcium from Bariatric Advantage. Got enough for 3 months. They are so much easier than the pills and I like the taste. You might want to consider a chewable until you get everything else back to normal.

I have to take omeprazole every day and that has gotten stuck. Not a good thing to have to go through!

@@whoahbabyy Great weight loss!!! I weigh tomorrow (6 week) to find out my weight loss! It won't be near what your's is but I'm hoping for 2.5 a week or more based on my 5 lbs loss at 2 weeks post surgery. I stay away from that terrible scale. After tomorrow I will weigh once a week on Thurs. going to check my scale before Dr.s & after to see if there is a difference & go from there. I know its hard but try to just get on the darn thing 1x a week. Do you have any unflavored Protein Powder? I use Unjury. I have been putting it in my Powerade zero (32oz) 1 scoop. It gives me 20g of Protein while I'm getting my fluids. I use the chewable Celebrate complete multi & their chewable Calcium. They don't taste bad. Keep up the good work, I think you might get a little more energy once your able to get your protein & Water in.

@@OneLostJourney not sure if this is your issue:

I was reading one of the side effects of a medicine I was taking and it said could make you thirsty. If you are taking a medication that has that side effect you could ask your doctor if there is another medication you could try instead.

Okay, I put that dreaded scale away today! Still in a stall, and don't need to be stressing on that. The past two days I have had a major headache, I need to make it a priority to drink more Water. I went back to work 5 days after surgery and have been struggling to get into a routine. I try to get water in between patients and then get enough Protein in but I need a way to get in more! I have not told my coworkers about the surgery so that makes things even harder! Any help on getting a solid routine??

Ricotta Bake:

What size dish did you use? The amount of ingredients does not seem like enough for my square glass dish.

@@whoahbabyy Great weight loss!!! I weigh tomorrow (6 week) to find out my weight loss! It won't be near what your's is but I'm hoping for 2.5 a week or more based on my 5 lbs loss at 2 weeks post surgery. I stay away from that terrible scale. After tomorrow I will weigh once a week on Thurs. going to check my scale before Dr.s & after to see if there is a difference & go from there. I know its hard but try to just get on the darn thing 1x a week. Do you have any unflavored Protein powder? I use Unjury. I have been putting it in my Powerade zero (32oz) 1 scoop. It gives me 20g of protein while I'm getting my fluids. I use the chewable Celebrate complete multi & their chewable Calcium. They don't taste bad. Keep up the good work, I think you might get a little more energy once your able to get your protein & Water in.

I hope you got some great news at your weigh in. My weigh loss is stalled but I am trying not to freak out. It is hard because we are eating so little it is like WHAT? The scale didn't move!? It is beyond frustratating but it is so much a part of the process.

Okay, I put that dreaded scale away today! Still in a stall, and don't need to be stressing on that. The past two days I have had a major headache, I need to make it a priority to drink more Water. I went back to work 5 days after surgery and have been struggling to get into a routine. I try to get water in between patients and then get enough Protein in but I need a way to get in more! I have not told my coworkers about the surgery so that makes things even harder! Any help on getting a solid routine??

My coworkers know about mine, but two or three of them have also had the surgery so they understand. I finally went back to work on Tuesday and -ugh-, it was so much harder than I expected! I'm a nurse and I work 12 hour night shifts. I definitely get my walking in, but getting my water in is just so difficult! I had to make a 'rule' for myself, take a few sips of water every time I get back to the nurse's station (not sure what I'll do during JCAHO survey time...probably just make a point to swing by the break room more often) and at the very -least- stop and eat a little snack (I like the light babybel cheeses) every 3-4 hours.

@@Mogwaicat

@@1041mom If you have the unflavored Protein powder, i use Unjury you can put a scoop of that in a 32oz Powerade zero or what ever your no calorie drink is you like to get more protein & the flavored drinks seem to make it easier to drink. When I don't get enough of either I get a headache the next day. With all your walking I bet you need more protein. Good for you on the scale. Weigh at most 1x a week, you will feel better. Not getting enough Water your probably retaining everything!

@@395Ron I use a 8x8 glass pan. I thought the same thing but it turned out good. You might check it a couple of min. before time incase your oven is hotter than mine.

@ I went to the Doctors & weighed. My loss is 18 lbs since surgery day. My Dr. is happy & said I was loosing at the right amount for me. Thats 3 lbs a week. I don't know if I had a stall or not since I didn't weigh since my 2 week check up. I'm checking my scale to see if there is a difference in mine & my Dr.'s & vow to only get on it every Thurs. They want me to start eating 2/3 a cup at a time now. Seems kinda early for that but I will try.

@@60&goin4it sounds like you are doing a fabulous job on your weight loss. Great job!

Thank you. I actually used an aluminum loaf pan and it turned out very good. I wonder how it would have tasted in an 8x8 pan. Now I have 6 more meals.

@@395Ron Thank-You! Hope your feeling better!! Ricotta Bake: It probably tasted pretty close to the same! I love italian food so it gave me something that helped the cravings!! I made some ham & split pea Soup & added to my portion some Unjury chicken flavored Protein to it, very good. Its getting cold here so ham & Beans, Soups & chili will be staples!

Edited by 60&goin4it