Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

@@Mogwaicat You have every right to feel down! Not being able to get your Protein in isn't fun!! I made some ham & split pea Soup & added some chicken broth flavored Protein Powder in it. It tasted better than anything to me. Hope you can find something soon!!! Sending you bunches of hugs!!

Hey guys!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving!! Sorry I meant to post that ON Thanksgiving. Oops!

@@Mogwaicat, I'm sorry you're having nausea problems. I haven't had my surgery yet but I feel like I'm part of the October group. I hope Syntrax Nectar samples will work out for you.

@@60&goin4it, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

You guys are such an inspiration to me. I'm so glad that you are continuing this forum. I always come in this topic to get updates. One day very soon I'll be on the losers bench with you!! As soon as I get the approval and date I will let you know.

@@GBLady41 We feel like your part of our group too!! You should be ready for all the ups & downs of this surgery!! I'm still very glad I went through with it!!!

I'm feeling rather down and grumbly, so given the holiday I'll start with what I'm thankful for. I'm thankful I can tolerate any sort of meat I've tried so far without any issues (even if it's only very small portions). My insurance paid the lion's share for my surgery and has given me the opportunity to change myself into a fitter person. Yay. I have a good job, nice house, and reliable vehicle. All good things.

Today I'm just not feeling it, though. Case of the blues, nothing serious enough to seek help and this too will pass. Last week I had a few days where Water (WATER...the same stuff I drink every day!) was too sweet. No explainable reason behind it. I ended up brewing herbal tea extra strong and drinking iced tea all day to get my fluids in.

I've had a horrible taste in my mouth (Side effect of ketosis...unpleasant, very unpleasant) ever since a few days out of surgery, but lately it's just so gross I brush my teeth four times a day to try and keep it at bay.

This week I've had absolutely zero interest in food. Nothing looks, sounds or tastes good at all. I've been low-level nauseous all the time and while I haven't felt like throwing up the idea of food makes me queasy. I try to push past it, but I know I'm not hitting any goals there.

Now for the real kicker...protein.....

I feel for you. That all sounds challenging to deal with. I wonder if you should perhaps let go of Protein supplements and focus on getting in your protein from food? You mentioned you can stomach meat and if you were to have eggs for Breakfast, tuna for lunch, and chicken for dinner you'd hit your protein without the shakes. Perhaps skip on the veggies for now and eat more of the meats and Proteins with your meals. What does your NUT suggest?

Also, we don't have to be in ketosis to lose weight. Perhaps introduce some kashi Go Lean with a sprinkle of bran buds to increase your fibre, get carbs into your system and to bump you out of ketosis. Sometimes ketosis makes people sick. You may find eating your proteins and up'ing your carbs helps to alleviate some of your nasty symptoms. Obviously talk to your Dr but it may be worth a try.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. You're allowed to be grumbly when you feel terrible! Keep us posted!

There's some of you we haven't heard from in awhile, how are you doing?

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Down 40 lbs and feeling great. Been busy at work and home. How is everyone else doing?

@Dar200. I am still having trouble with Water also. My NUT wanted me to try it every so often to see if I can tolerate it because she was concerned about the sodium levels in some of the stuff I could get down. Today I am trying to force down water for half of my fluids. I have to drink it much slower and still have the stomach pain once in a while but overall am tolerating it better. I hope tolerating water gets better for you. I am thinking of trying different brands or types of water to see if that helps.

Also can relate that food is not appealing right now. I can tolerate food in the morning the best as I actually wake up a tiny bit hungry. By late afternoon I have to force myself to eat which is no fun. I can only eat about 2 ounces at a time unless it is Soup. My NUT wants me to eat 5-6 times a day and 800 - 1000 calories a day. IMPOSSIBLE!! But at least I get in 600 a day pretty regularly.

I think if we keep working at it things will even out. It is like the whole weight loss thing. Each person is different and progresses at different rates.

I'm gradually getting my water back up. That is making me feel better. Still having a problem with food. I do okay with cottage cheese which is good because I love it. Having a rough time with other Protein I try. But I'll keep pushing along. Tomorrow I'm going to push myself to have soup with protein powder added in. I don't think I'll be having the best day. My neighbors had a party and kept me up. Oh well. Tis the season for lots of parties. Hope you are having better luck with food by now.

@@soonergirl619 Glad your doing great & your weight loss is Awesome!! I'm down 20 lbs. & feeling great! I'm a little slower at loosing but my age (I just turned 60 but don't tell anyone ;-) could be a huge factor ! ) Great game last night! Go Sooners!!!!!!

@@Dar200 I love cottage cheese too, eat it at least once a day!!! The unflavored Protein powder has helped me a lot! And the chicken broth flavor is good added to a lot of Soups, like my homemade ham & split pea! Keep trying it gets better all the time!! How are you doing on your weight loss?

I asked this question on another thread but thought I would ask you all how much you eat at a time each meal? I'm at 7.5 weeks. From 2 weeks to 6 weeks my Nut. wanted me eating 1/2 cup of food 3x a day. No problem for me. When I went back at 6 weeks she said to increase to 2/3 cup which I'm doing now & to increase to 1 cup by 3 months my next appt. That seems like a lot so soon. I'm having no problems with the 2/3 cup of soft foods but I don't think I could eat 2/3 c of meat. Most everything else that I see other's not eating near as much. Curious as to how much you all are eating & what your Nut. says how much you should & will be eating.

I asked this question on another thread but thought I would ask you all how much you eat at a time each meal? I'm at 7.5 weeks. From 2 weeks to 6 weeks my Nut. wanted me eating 1/2 cup of food 3x a day. No problem for me. When I went back at 6 weeks she said to increase to 2/3 cup which I'm doing now & to increase to 1 cup by 3 months my next appt. That seems like a lot so soon. I'm having no problems with the 2/3 cup of soft foods but I don't think I could eat 2/3 c of meat. Most everything else that I see other's not eating near as much. Curious as to how much you all are eating & what your Nut. says how much you should & will be eating.

I'm 6 weeks and eating 1/4-1/2 a cup depending on what it is about 4-6 times a day.

I feel for you. That all sounds challenging to deal with. I wonder if you should perhaps let go of Protein supplements and focus on getting in your protein from food? You mentioned you can stomach meat and if you were to have eggs for breakfast, tuna for lunch, and chicken for dinner you'd hit your protein without the shakes. Perhaps skip on the veggies for now and eat more of the meats and Proteins with your meals. What does your NUT suggest?

Also, we don't have to be in ketosis to lose weight. Perhaps introduce some kashi Go Lean with a sprinkle of bran buds to increase your fibre, get carbs into your system and to bump you out of ketosis. Sometimes ketosis makes people sick. You may find eating your proteins and up'ing your carbs helps to alleviate some of your nasty symptoms. Obviously talk to your Dr but it may be worth a try.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. You're allowed to be grumbly when you feel terrible! Keep us posted!

My nut doesn't approve of dry cereals/granola this early out, not until I'm at least at 4mo so Kashi's out. Ketosis, other than the breath/mouth taste issue, doesn't really bother me. One of my previous diet 'attempts' was Keto, so I spent five months in ketosis...lost 30lbs, gained 35 when life happened and made things difficult.

I'm wondering if the nausea/light-headedness is mostly just not eating enough. I can only get 1/4-1/2 cup at a time, depending on what it is, and I struggle to eat three times a day because of the nausea/lack of hunger. I've tried to have a string cheese or a light babybel when I can, to fill in. I'm having more 'good' days than bad this week, so hopefully this phase was just temporary. I might manage four meals today! Breakfast was a chicken sausage made with roasted garlic and gruyere. 14gms protein for one, though I could only manage half of it. I'll have the other half later.

Syntrax Nectar is a no-go. Three sips, waited ten minutes, and had a horrible heavy feeling in my stomach and moderate nausea to the point where I went and laid down for a while. I give up, my body has apparently declared that whey protein isolate is somehow poisonous. No issues at all with yogurt or cheeses, so who knows... I have my six week appointment coming up, if the trend of better days doesn't keep up I might ask for something for the nausea or see if they have any ideas why it's so persistent.

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! I was able to enjoy thanksgiving, surprisingly. Turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and cooked carrots. Everything went down great. We walked a ton all weekend as well. And yet. I'm still in my stall! I've been stuck at 233-236 for almost 2 weeks now. Any tips of how to jump start my weight loss again.

Lately all I've been craving is coffee. I miss the warmth this year. I've been trying hot herbal teas, but it's not the same. :( I can not wait to have coffee again. And drinks. I miss wine with dinner! My husband is italian... so his family drinks wine constantly.

The only food aversion I've had lately is red sauce. It makes me sick instantly. Everything else I seem to do fine with now, as long as I eat slow, small bites and chew.

Pesto spaghetti squash with chicken for dinner tonight. And probably some fresh cooked carrots.

that seemed like a lot when you posted the amts, but I'm just basing that off what I've read from peeps that r many years post surgery... But, I'm not sure! :) I would not force it...?... If u hunger for that much, then great, but if not, I'd probably not try to meet those goal amts... Just my thoughts, lol, for what they r worth!

Is there anywhere else all of the individuals on the October list on a different forum?

I had my surgery Oct 28th, lately my emotions have been all over the place. I'm not sure why, I'm thinking some of the reasons are:

Being off of my birth control for so long.

Adjusting to the change.

Holidays

And more. . My question is since surgery has anyone else have some emotional days?