Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

Just want to say Merry Christmas to everybody. I love reading your updates and helpful tips about what you have been able to eat or what you think you should avoid or even about yourself because I've had a few myself and it feels good to know you're not alone. I hope you have a happy and safe New Year as well! I myself have run into only one time something came up and I think it was because I caught the 24 hour stomach flu that was going around in my area. I ended up trying the same thing later on well after I was done being sick and I had no problems. I can't wait till I'm able to go back to the gym in January I've been cleared for exercise but I had my membership put on hold for the surgery and it doesn't start up until January. I think I feel a lot better once I'm able to incorporate exercise into my life style again. I know that when I was going to the gym to lose weight before the surgery after I made it a routine it really became a good part of my life. And so I want to make sure I get back into that.

Edited by Cali_Angel

I went to my GP today & I weighed, 198 !!!! Yea!!!! I broke the 200 mark! So Happy!!!! Doing well with the holiday meals, I try a bite of most things without sugar now & still haven't had any problems. My Water is still an issue with me, trying to get my 64oz by the end of the day. I seem to forget still, but other than that, no problems with Protein amounts!!! Hope everyone is having happy holidays!!! Can't wait to hear about your progress!!!

Congrats on breaking the 200 barrier @@60&goin4it I am soooo close. Am hoping to see it soon, though.

I have a problem with Water, too - I set it all out in the morning and start out well enough, then something happens in the afternoon and before I know it 7:00 p.m. has come and gone and I still have 30 ounces to drink lol!

I had my first run in with eating too much and having it come back up. It happened on Christmas Eve of all days. Ate dinner early because I was playing the organ for church and wanted to get my Protein in. Then about 10 minutes later I felt my sugar was low, checked it and it was 58. Since I had only had protein for dinner and was worried about trying to play the organ with low blood sugar, I popped a half a banana down. Argh! I was throwing up off and on all evening.

Thankfully, though, it timed out well enough for me to still play the service :) Lesson learned - if I had thought to check my blood sugar before I filled up with protein I could have included a bit of carbs in my meal.

I still have a couple of weeks before my next check-up with the surgeon. Definitely want to be under 200 by then!

Happy New Year Everyone!!! We are starting a new year & hopefully successful one for all of us!!! For our Oct. 1st surgery's its 3 months & will be 3 months for the rest of us soon!!! I'am so glad I did this surgery! I made it through the holidays not feeling deprived & hungry! Now to step up the exercise! I put a pair of weights by my chair so I could do some arm lifts while watching some tv, thats my goal for now! I will keep up with my walking 6 days a week which I have not done this last week with everything going on with holidays ( I know no excuses, my other goal for the year). Do you have any goals for this year? & how is everyone doing after the holidays?

Happy New Year! I didn't find the holidays to be too difficult. Looking forward to hitting goal weight in 2016!

HW: 356

SW: 323 (on surgery day Oct 7, 2015)

CW: 270

???? so grateful for RNY!

Edited by Laughingmyassoff2015

@@Laughingmyassoff2015 You are doing fantastic!!! Don't you feel better all ready! Amazing, so grateful too!

Hello October family, I'm just checking in because I'm curious approximately how many calories people are eating who had surgery in October. And do people find they still need the shakes to hit their Protein?

Things are going well here and I look forward to hearing from some of you!

I had a great Christmas and new years! Hubs bought me a fit bit and a ninja blender/food processor and new pots and pans. He says I need new healthy cooking stuff for the new healthier me. :) so glad to have his support!

So far I've done ok over the holidays. I would have bites of stuff here and there of everything.. Cookies, ect. But only a tiny bite and I was completely satisfied. I stuck to mainly veggies and Protein though of course. Started coffee again (about half a cup to a cup a day) as long as I get all my protein in the pounds come off and I feel great. It's crazy how different I can feel my body is. Never noticed fatigue or fullness before. Now I can. I'm down to 218 this morning! Started at 276 Oct 14. So excited. My next apt is Jan 14. But we lost insurance/switching it. So I have to figure all that out this week with getting blood work and my apt. Blah.

Hope everyone else is still doing well!

@@anewme2015 I don't count calories I just count my Protein. I try to get between 60-80grams a day. I start off with a vanilla Premier Protein shake in my coffee for Breakfast giving me 30gm start. I have one snack a day of lowfat string cheese for 8gm more. I try to eat some meat with cottage cheese at one of my meals, & the other just about anything, if it doesn't have much protein in it, I may add some unflavored Protein Powder to it. Glad things are going well for you!!!

@@whoahbabyy It is nice to have support! I bought some new cloths on sale & my husband said I deserve it! :-)! I did better than I expected over the holidays, took a bite of everything that didn't have sugar & had no problems eating anything!! I'm enjoying drinking coffee! 1 cup a day divided into 2 cups with my Protein drink! I'm finally feeling thinner too!! I feel so much better! yea us!!!

Well, I went to my 3 month check up today (surgery Oct. 8th) & have lost 44lbs !! I'm so glad!!! Its working!!!! I feel so much better!!! They said I was ahead of schedule & doing really well!!! I hope everyone else is having success with this surgery!!! I'm so glad I did it!! I had the Roux N Y.

Starting weight 238

Surgery weight 230

Today's weight 194

Well, I went to my 3 month check up today (surgery Oct. 8th) & have lost 44lbs !! I'm so glad!!! Its working!!!! I feel so much better!!! They said I was ahead of schedule & doing really well!!! I hope everyone else is having success with this surgery!!! I'm so glad I did it!! I had the Roux N Y.

Starting weight 238

Surgery weight 230

Today's weight 194

Good job!!

My 3 month post op is next week! I'm so anxious for it. Idk why.

My dr is strict! Lol but he is the best in the area

My highest weight and starting weight was 276 I'm at 215 today!

I had my surgery 10/7/15, 3 month follow up is 1/14/16. I am down 45.5#. since surgery and 93# overall since July 2015. I just went over the 1/2 way point for my weight loss goal. Congrats to everyone! I know there has not been one day since the surgery that I haven't been grateful that I finally did this.

I did pretty good over the holidays. The past week the scale was stuck at 195 but this morning it was 194. I've been going to the gym for abt 30 min and am thinking I'm going to have to increase to 45 to 60 min. In the 30 min, I'm able to to 1.5 miles. I'm going to Vegas Feb 8 and would like to be 180 but will be tickled for 185 and to reach that, I will definitely have to go longer at the gym. The sagging skin under my arms is really bothering me and I hate it. I got a resistance machine last night so I'm hoping that will help tone my arms. I don't go back to the dr until April and then I'm going to ask abt surgery to take care of the loose skin. What's everyone else doing for loose saggy skin?

@@jandbmom Congratulations!! Happy for you, the 1/2 way point feels so good!!! You have done great!!

@@kvoneye We are doing great!! I think you will meet your goal, especially if you pick up the walking some! My arms are the worst part on me & my inner thighs. Not sure what to do about the arms. The scar from arm surgery seems so long! I wish they would come up with something better! I will have to think long & hard about that. Not sure what they do about inner thighs! I'm definatly going to at least check into it after I have reached my goal & maintained for at least 6 months. Keep up the good work were neck & neck!!!