Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

@@thbrown223 glad things are going well for you. I too get winded when I walk too fast or too much. I found going up stairs to bed is having me feel like I ran a marathon.

Thank you for sharing. Getting ready for work and by the time I get to my car, I'm so winded. I'm glad to hear it's not only me. Hopefully that should subside soon. How far along are you in post op? Are you exercising yet? If so, what are you doing?

@@thbrown223 My Doctor wanted me to start walking at least 30 min. & work up a sweat, I haven't been able to do it yet because I just get tired after about 20min. I'm getting my Protein in 60gr. But not sure if I'am getting all my fluids. I'm 16 days out & have only lost 5 lbs so your weight loss is great!!! You may have had a little anxiety or just not getting enough fluids. Make sure your getting your protein. If it happens again I think I would call your Dr.

Wow that's a lot of protein. I'm only getting in 4 oz of protein 3x day, that's only 12 oz a day. The bottle is 26g of protein. I'm finding one bottle and an 1oz from another bottle a day. My foods are yogurt, oatmeal, cottage cheese. That's it for now. I'm nowhere near that amount of protein. This will be my last week of Protein Shakes. My bypass diet says I'll only be getting my protein from my foods.

However, I'm only getting in 1/4 cup of food 3x a day. For my 3rd week I can have eggs, tuna, salmon, toast, crackers. Salmon is 14g of protein for 2 oz. That's a lil over 50g and adding the eggs... I guess I can get close 60g of protein.

I'll take any suggestions. I can't do Isopure or Proteinh20 because I'm allergic to whey protein.

If you are having trouble getting in your Protein then you don't want to stop with the protein shakes.. Shoot my mom is 10 years out from having the surgery and still has a Protein Shake once a day to help her get in the protein that she needs. I would definitely call your nut and see what they suggest.

@@thbrown223 I'm 9 days out and started with 5 min of walking a day until I see her again which is Thursday. I had a hernia repair and my gallbladder removed. I know I struggle with getting in Protein and fluids. Yesterday was a bad day for that. Today I've increased my Fluid and will have to add a protien shake. I can usually choke down half of the shake.

the other day my friend invited me out to play billards to distract myself a bit since I've pretty much just been home. And I started feeling light headed and got tired just standing up. We had to make it a short night cause I felt super weak. Once I was home I vomited and checked my blood pressure and it was fine but my heart rate was way up. I think it was 120 if I'm not mistaken. I could feel my heart beating super fast I got scared but I layed down and tried to relax and eventually took a nap for about an hour. after I woke up I still felt really weak for the rest of the night but the next day I was better. Learned my lesson the hard way, I still have to wait a bit to start doing those things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

@@sleevemylife I bet that was kinda scary, you were probably dehydrated & needed a little more Protein. I'm trying to get more fluids in, feeling the same way when I walk & the fluids are always what I'm low in.

@@Tip81 Welcome!! I got you added!!

I had my first bad expierence with my pouch. I don't think I chewed my Beans enough and they felt stuck, so I drank a little and it came right back up. Then I drank a little more and same thing. It was horrible.

@@whoahbabyy I have been having no problem at all eating, but today 15min. ago, I ate my 1/3 cup of ricotta & marinara sauce too fast, & while I didn't drink anything it felt kinda stuck. Funny I'm sitting here no pain but uncomfortable as I type. So now I know for sure don't drink to get it down. Thanks for the reminder & I won't be eating fast again!!!!

Did anyone have issues with their vision post surgery? My nearsighted vision was super blurry. It must have been the anesthesia. It is so much better today.

Just go home from hospital. Everything went well now I am worry what to do I know I have to get 60 gm of Protine so if I can all my Protine that be like 33 oz liquid +I have to drink 31oz's Water that will be all my liquids ?? I just can't make my self drink so much OMG who every thought it was going to be so hard

Just go home from hospital. Everything went well now I am worry what to do I know I have to get 60 gm of Protine so if I can all my Protine that be like 33 oz liquid +I have to drink 31oz's Water that will be all my liquids ?? I just can't make my self drink so much OMG who every thought it was going to be so hard

Glad your doing well! Just do the best you can! I had 5 1oz cups, I would make up a shake & pour 2 for Protein shake & 3 for Water, so I would get all in. Did this each hour 12 times a day. I made the shake 3 times a day, 2 with fat free lactose free milk (1 with unjury chocolate & 1 with Unjury vanilla). & 1 with water (unjury chicken broth). The broth was the best for something savory. I had to do this for 2 weeks.

Monday's group Oct. 26 wishing you the best of luck!! We will be thinking about you! let us know how you do!!

@@itstimealready & @@AnnainOK & @@tamywill & @@Mogwaicat & @ & @@Dar200 & @@drmeow !