Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

Yesterday was a challenging day for me. I am coming off medications and do I was in a bit of discomfort. I spoke to the nurse and she told me being I was a revision patient and hernia repair on top of RNY. I just had a day trying to get in fluids, just because I don't feel thirsty or hungry. It really is an effort to drink. It is so surprising. People talk about it but it is just hard to believe until you go through it. I write all my emotions down so I can look back and remember how this was for me and never take it for granted. Today is a new day.

Well unfortunately I went in for my surgery even got prepped and everything but they happened to realize a thyroid issue with my blood work and thought the safest route would be to put me on meds for a few weeks and make sure my levels were under control and then reschedule because the thyroid effects so much including apparently blood pressure and he said it could even with y levels cause me to crash in surgery and if they didn't give me the right amounts of something because of course they can't predict that exactly with me not being on thyroid meds they might not be able to bring me back so I am glad he is being safe just a little disappointed I have to wait a bit longer but that's OK won't be too much longer

So glad they caught that. I can imagine the disappointment. But is great that they are planning it safe. I know the anesthesiologist is very interested in labs too. He mulled mine over for awhile. They want to be sure to keep us safe.

Actually yes it was the anesthesiologist that first caught it then she and the surgeon had a long talk and between the two both decided it would be best to wait from both sides so hopefully I can get in today to start on the process I'm just waiting on the call from the dr office that the labs are in then taking them to get seen and get on meds and the hurry up and wait starts!

Yesterday was a challenging day for me. I am coming off medications and do I was in a bit of discomfort. I spoke to the nurse and she told me being I was a revision patient and hernia repair on top of RNY. I just had a day trying to get in fluids, just because I don't feel thirsty or hungry. It really is an effort to drink. It is so surprising. People talk about it but it is just hard to believe until you go through it. I write all my emotions down so I can look back and remember how this was for me and never take it for granted. Today is a new day.

Sorry it was so rough on you I have heard it is more difficult for those that have hernias as well as the rny surgery or any gastric surgery for that matter I hope things get easier. I like your idea to write down your thoughts and feelings as you go so you can see how far you have come! Just remember this bad part is only for a very short time and the benefits are for a lifetime ???? pretty soon you will be enjoying your new body and new life!

Just an update my doctor called I am so happy my test results for my thyroid came back normal from my blood draw yesterday so I don't have to go on meds and guess what I'm rescheduled for next week Thursday... In all actuality Thursday works better for us since y husband doesn't have to take off as much work as I have the weekend with him and happy to see they were looking out for me and hey all in all in the grand scheme what's a week!

That's great news Lynn!

Sorry it was so rough on you I have heard it is more difficult for those that have hernias as well as the rny surgery or any gastric surgery for that matter I hope things get easier. I like your idea to write down your thoughts and feelings as you go so you can see how far you have come! Just remember this bad part is only for a very short time and the benefits are for a lifetime pretty soon you will be enjoying your new body and new life!

Thank you! She said more manipulation with those dang on hernias! which is why I am feeling it in that one incision but it feels better today. Each day is progress. I am still very happy for another opportunity.

Good luck Lynn.

Just an update my doctor called I am so happy my test results for my thyroid came back normal from my blood draw yesterday so I don't have to go on meds and guess what I'm rescheduled for next week Thursday... In all actuality Thursday works better for us since y husband doesn't have to take off as much work as I have the weekend with him and happy to see they were looking out for me and hey all in all in the grand scheme what's a week!

Wonderful!!! Everything works out for a reason!!!!

Had my surgery Monday. I'm home and doing fairly well. So glad to be home with my precious puppy! I'm doing a lot better than I expected at this point. I hope that stays with me.

I guess I will be in the November group now sniffle sniffle lol bit you know I will have to check in with you all from time to time :)

We hope so!!! :-) I suspect as we all arrive on the other side of this we will be spending more time in the Post surgery section on here!! Best of luck & be sure to let us know how you are doing!!

Had my surgery Monday. I'm home and doing fairly well. So glad to be home with my precious puppy! I'm doing a lot better than I expected at this point. I hope that stays with me.

Good to hear & I bet your puppy missed you!!!! I bet you will get better everyday!!!

Well it can't be almost the 28th!!

Best of luck tomorrow! We will be praying for a good outcome!

@@Tina1969

@@ImBringingLisaBack RNY