Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1445901041.120369.jpgGot this on Amazon... Really helps with all the pill planning... It makes me feel old, lol, but it does help! :)

I have the same one I like it it's convenient and Vitamins planned for a week and easy to carry. I think mine is medium cases and it's a little tight for the last bed box as I take a chewable Iron n multi there huge attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1445902972.269681.jpg

I'm glad you both found something you like it is very important when you are having to take scripts or supplements on a schedule to be able to set them up and keep them organized I don't know what I would do without mine!

post-250798-14459323855648_thumb.jpg

Best of luck to our Oct. 27 friends! Praying for a good outcome & healing!!

@@Culdee

@@Lynn in va beach

@@NinaB

@@jjod

@@TyTy120

@@Nancy1955

@@kimmy2477

@@Tip81

Thank you so much! Successful surgeries to all of my Oct 27th peeps

Want to wish my fellow Oct 27th sleevers good luck today wonder if anyone else is as nervous and can't sleep like me? Good luck everyone god bless

Recuperating in the hospital. I'm feeling pretty good, actually. Feel like I did a few too many sit ups, but no serious pain. Still not allowed to drink anything yet, but I get to try a popsicle soon.

I've done several laps around the unit, got my catheter out, but right now the worst thing is dry mouth. :)

Quick question I will check back obviously my surgery is this morning I woke up and youth is completely dry and I have a stuffy nose I'm wondering if this means I might be getting a cold as I'm immuno compromised my daughter and son have had a cold all week and I've been trying to stay away from them due to surgery any ideas how this will effect today will they reschedule?

Only your dr can answer that question Lynn.

Haven't slept for 3 days bc of excitement and fear. Very peaceful though. A bit nauseous and weak from clear liquid diet. Have had Migraine since last night.

Good luck. ????????????????

Thanks actually I got to take a couple sips of Water with my morning meds I limited it two small sips didn't want to over do it and it seemed to clear up my nose too it must have been related because I feel great I think I was just worried because my kids had it but I was very careful to keep germs at bay and Lysol Lysol Lysol lol nothing was keeping me from my new life! I'm on my way to the hospital now still a but of nerves but I think that is to be expected its a big change and there are risks with any surgery but I know I am doing the right thing for the right reasons and this time next year I will be feeling and looking great ???? good luck to my fellow sleevers today

@@"culdee"

@@"ninaB"

@@"jjod"

@@"TyTy120"

@@"Nancy1955"

@@"kimmy2477"

@@"tip81"

Edited by Lynn in va beach

Recuperating in the hospital. I'm feeling pretty good, actually. Feel like I did a few too many sit ups, but no serious pain. Still not allowed to drink anything yet, but I get to try a popsicle soon.

I've done several laps around the unit, got my catheter out, but right now the worst thing is dry mouth. :)

Glad your doing well! Just remember to take little tiny sips when you do get something to drink, I'm sure they will probably remind you.

Pre and Post Ops! If you have not already discovered The World According To Eggface, a Bariatric Eating online blog, check it out! Her recipes and product suggestions have helped me so much!

theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1445901478.795442.jpg

I will have to check it out! I noticed you do a ricotta bake, its probably the same one I do! One of the first things I made when I could eat soft foods! I made homemade chili a couple of days ago, my normal recipe except leaner beef & no sausage. Ate 1/2 cups of it & had no problem! I do add a lot of Beans to it. Tasted so good!!!

Our month is slowly coming to a close.... Good luck to the remaining crew that get to close out the month of October with a bang.

5 more days and counting to we all have officially crossed over.

Yes, its hard to believe we are nearing the end of the month, I think I counted around 109- 110 people on our list!! Amazing group!!!

Pre and Post Ops! If you have not already discovered The World According To Eggface, a Bariatric Eating online blog, check it out! Her recipes and product suggestions have helped me so much!

I will have to check it out! I noticed you do a ricotta bake, its probably the same one I do! One of the first things I made when I could eat soft foods! I made homemade chili a couple of days ago, my normal recipe except leaner beef & no sausage. Ate 1/2 cups of it & had no problem! I do add a lot of Beans to it. Tasted so good!!!

@@60&goin4it - Please share your chili recipe! :)

Hi. In hospital room now. In ZERO PAIN. Un flippin' believable. Woke up feeling like I was punched in the gut but that's all. Nurses could not be nicer. Hospital ward in Mountain View CA is newer and beautiful. Nurses are letting me nap a little which is great bc I was too anxious to sleep for several nights.

All of your advice was spot on!! Thanks!!!

Can't believe I'm on the other side!!!

@@60&goin4it - Please share your chili recipe! :)

Not sure how good this is for all bariatric patients but I seemed to manage it 11 days out! Small dime size bites, chew chew chew, & slow! Its my own recipe & has a lot of ingredients.

Terri's Chili Double batch Use large Pot

3 lbs. lean ground beef browned & drained well, set a side.

In a large stock pot add 3-4 TBLS. olive oil, I use Baklouti Green Chili Pepper flavored olive oil.

Mix seasoning together in small bowl:

3 Heaping TBLS Chili powder

1 TBLS Brown sugar

2 1/4 tsp. Cumin

1/2 tsp. Chipolte ground pepper or red pepper, I prefer the chipolte (can use more if you like spicy but start with this 1st.)

1 heaping tsp. Oregano

1 tsp. each salt, pepper, paprika

2 tsp. cocoa powder (opt.)

Saute in olive oil for a couple of min. do not let burn

Add to pot

2 large Onions chopped

1 Red or green bell pepper chopped

3 large cloves of garlic chopped

Saute in seasoning till tender

Add to pot

1 28oz can crushed tomatoes

1 14oz can diced tomatoes & green chilies

1 14oz can diced tomatoes (Plain, Italian or a 10oz can of rotel if you like spicy)

1 can beef broth

2 cans Mexican style or spicy chili beans not drained

2 cans Dark Red Kidney beans Rinsed & Drained

1 can Black Beans Rinsed & Drained

3 TBLS Red Wine Vinegar (don't leave out)

1 TBLS Worcestershire Sauce

Mix Well

Add browned ground beef

Mix Well

Cook on low-med Stirring occasionally 3 hrs. May add some Water if gets too thick.

I make mine the day before. Just let cool & refrig. Freeze's Well, thats why a double batch, I freeze in containers enough for my husband & I each a serving.

Enjoy

Edited by 60&goin4it

Hi. In hospital room now. In ZERO PAIN. Un flippin' believable. Woke up feeling like I was punched in the gut but that's all. Nurses could not be nicer. Hospital ward in Mountain View CA is newer and beautiful. Nurses are letting me nap a little which is great bc I was too anxious to sleep for several nights.

All of your advice was spot on!! Thanks!!!

Can't believe I'm on the other side!!!

So good to hear!! Its amazing isn't it! I was so worried before mine. Nothing like I expected! I didn't sleep before surgery & only 2 hrs in hospital, so by the time I got home I was exhausted!! You will be too. Then the boring sip sip sip starts!!! Sounds like you got this!!!