Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had an interesting realization the other day. I realized that although I continue to love vanilla Oikos yogurt, I also like other kinds of Greek yogurt that I had been avoiding due to my Oikos vanilla habit.

It was actually a bit of a pleasant surprise to consciously recognize my “need” to stock up on that one flavor and brand of yogurt and to realize that other brands and flavors would be fine in a pinch…so I don’t need to waste energy being anxious about running out of my original preference.

But still, there are foods I won’t go without, and to make sure I don’t, I stock up on them. I always have yogurt in the fridge, blueberries in the freezer, and tuna in the pantry.

Some of us are naturally more inclined to stock up than others, but being on a strict meal plan like you are on after weight loss surgery makes it seem more important than before to insure you have the foods you need in the house. Otherwise, you might find yourself reaching for some regrettable alternatives…like potato chips instead of carrot sticks, or ice cream instead of yogurt.

What are the snack foods you need to have around your house (or car or workplace)? How many of them do you feel the need to keep around? Do you stock up whenever they’re on sale?

I love fresh fruit. I keep Protein bars in hand so I can take then with me for Snacks. I keep Protein powder on hand for Breakfast shakes. I also keep Peanut Butter on hand for snacking. The rest I just get as I go.

Protein Bars, turkey Jerky, raw unsalted almonds, walnuts, pecans and sunflower seeds. Belvita breakfast biscuits, Peanut Butter, Gatorade 2 and Propel. cheese sticks, fresh fruit. I buy many of these at costco, in larger quantities as they keep for a long time. The fruit I just buy as needed. And yes, my downfall...........WW ice cream bars or vanilla frozen yogurt.

Almonds, Syntrax Nectar wild cherry.

My Rockin Refuel Protein shakes are #1

Low fat string cheese

Cashew nuts

tuna fish

everything else I switch up, but these are must-haves

SF Popsicles... Pretty sure I have an addiction. I love them to snack on. A few other things would be eggs, Greek yogurt, Protein Shakes and Water.

Unsalted raw almonds,

various cheese's

SF popsicles

Protein Drinks

frozen chicken

Gordon frozen Talapia and Salamon

salad fixings

Good quality cheeses

Cottage cheese

Pistachios

pudding

Apples

Cherries

Strawberries

Protein granola

Yogurt

Premier Protein shakes - chocolate

I have stated many times my love for Chobani key lime blended greek yogurt. I stock up when it's on sale, and when it's not I still make sure that I have plenty on hand. I actually get nervous when I see my husband eating one of MY yogurts (possessive am I?). I also like to have Quest Protein bars in the house at all times. Flavored bottled Water (s.f.), Crystal light are some other keep in stock items.

Greek yogert. My kids give me a hard time because I consider myself "low" when there are about six in the fridge and I go into panic mode! I have a whole shelf in my fridge just for Greek yogert.