Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2015 or January 2016 sleevers ?

OK! My VSG date is now set for December 31,2015.

Oh No have a stock pile too. However my surgery doesn't look like it is happening until Feb so I would have plenty of time to drink them now. Later after surgery I can see if I still like them by buying a 4 pack and if I do I can get more. This waiting is really getting to me. It is going to be over 8 months or more. I still do not have a surgery date despite having gotten approval and finished the supervised diet the week of Thanksgiving.

I was literally in the same boat as you until tues of this week. My surgeons office called me and told me my surgery date is dec 28 and I have been jumping yhrough hoops all week to get this done. Things can happen really fast. I hope you get your date soon.

Edited by jss1988

OK! My VSG date is now set for December 31,2015.

Congratulations. Wow you will be celebrating the new year with your new Sleeve. Very cool.

Oh No have a stock pile too. However my surgery doesn't look like it is happening until Feb so I would have plenty of time to drink them now. Later after surgery I can see if I still like them by buying a 4 pack and if I do I can get more. This waiting is really getting to me. It is going to be over 8 months or more. I still do not have a surgery date despite having gotten approval and finished the supervised diet the week of Thanksgiving.

I was literally in the same boat as you until tues of this week. My surgeons office called me and told me my surgery date is dec 28 and I have been jumping yhrough hoops all week to get this done. Things can happen really fast. I hope you get your date soon.

Good for you.So glad you will have yours before the end of the year.

I am wondering,do any of you have surgeons who operate only 2 days per week. The nurse told me mine only does WLS on Thursday and on Tuesday he does the other kinds of operations on obese people. He left for another country for the holiday on Dec 15 and will not be back until Jan 4th. He is filled up for the month of Jan. Well I guess that isn't too hard to do when you only operate 8 days out of the month. I guess that is why I have to wait 2 to 3 months after the 6th months supervised diet is done before I get my surgery. Had I known this when I started all this in June I would have gone with w different more local Dr. I only went with this one as someone I know used him and has great results. Now I think it is too late to change to a different Dr.

@@ssflbelle My surgeon only did surgery one day a week until recently when he added two more days each week because his practice has gotten so busy. I'm sorry to hear that you have to wait so long because of your surgeons schedule. That sucks to have it drawn out so much longer. Hang in there.

SSFLBELLE, can you call your insurance company and ask to switch?

I was thinking I would call some other Doctors in my network on Monday and see how many days they do WLS and if they had openings in Jan. Hopefully they will be nice and give me that info. If so I may ask them if I could switch. I don't know why but I thought WLS Doctors had more surgery days than 1 or 2 a week.

Hi, everyone! Just joined the board. My surgery date is Dec. 30th and I'm on day 4 of pre-op diet.

Anyone else having VSG as an outpatient? I'm a little nervous about this but my surgeon and his staff assure me it will be fine and that they won't send me home unless they are confident I can stay hydrated.

This pre-op diet is killing me as I'm at my in-laws this weekend and MIL has all kinds of sweets out on the counters. Ugh! I did have a nibble of a cookie but got disgusted with myself and threw it away...not gonna ruin what I've started over something that helped get me to this point, ya' know?

laugh.gif I'm 36 yrs old and had lap-band surgery on 6/11/03 at 242 and now weigh 230 -- I am taste those 220's. I'm married with 2 girls and have been wanting to lose weight for the last 15 years - well I have lost and gained and lost and gained...you know the routine. I love the NEW ME and can't wait to get my first fill on 8/13 as I have not much restriction now.

GOOD LUCK to everyone that has been banded or thinking to be banded or about to be banded. I don't regret this for one moment

Barbara S

6/11/03

Dr Carter

I am also an outpatient. I was surprised to know that they let us just go home 90 minutes after the procedure. I am dying on this preop diet and my coworker has the entire room smelling like burgers and fries...it's going to be a long night...:mellow:

So my surgery date was the 16th so I'm on day 4 post op.

No nausea thus far and my bowels have finally moved after about 5 days of them not moving so that is probably my biggest relief (that was very painful).

So far... broth and the Protein Shakes go down the easiest.

Cold Water or calorie free drinks and Jello are a little harder. pills aren't so bad either if I do them one at a time.

The chewable Multivitamin I practically have to eat in the bathroom because it puts me on the edge tossing my Cookies every time.

Things I underestimated:

Not feeling hungry or desiring foods I used to want. I haven't felt hunger or a desire to binge since like 5 days into my pre-op door which was like a week ago today. This is amazing. I really have to focus on drinking throughout the day so as not to get dehydrated.

The pain so far has been super manageable. I get knots in my stomach from time to time but I don't even notice my incisions unless I bump them or my 2 year old does a diving head butt right into my gut.

Weight loss... Not as fast as I would have expected. The weight melted off of me in the pre-op diet phase but even though they pulled 85% of my stomach out of me... I hadn't lost a pound by the day after. I decided not to weigh myself till Christmas Day as to not discourage myself... I mean... I'm consuming about 600 calories a day and burning more than that walking every 2-3 hours for 20 mins a clip. The weight is bound to start moving in the right direction.

The only thing I can think of is that I'm so backed up right now from the anesthesia and the pain medication... I am losing weight, I just can't tell because I'm not adequately purging what I'm taking in. Once that returns to normal i think I'll be fine.

All and all, I'm still really motivated and sticking to the plan 110%. Failure is not an option.

Energy level is high, I'm sleeping good and all is well.

That's my update.

Pabst!! Fabulous update!!!

My surgery is 12/28. Our surgeon keeps everyone overnight. That is mandatory. I cannot imagine being sent home the same day. We get our ability to sip throughout the day, our ability to tolerate Jello, bathroom output, ability to walk off the gas from the surgery, no fevers, pouch test, no nausea. That is a lot!!

Barbara S

6/11/03

Dr Carter

I am also an outpatient. I was surprised to know that they let us just go home 90 minutes after the procedure. I am dying on this preop diet and my coworker has the entire room smelling like burgers and fries...it's going to be a long night...:mellow:

They told us we have to stay at least 4 hours after surgery and meet certain requirements before being discharged. Surgeon assures me there is nothing they do in the hospital that I can't do at home and I will be more comfortable at home. Also learned this week that the surgeon does the leak test before she closes up the surgery so if there are any problems they can be corrected right then and there. I'm told that's the benefit of a surgeon with lots of experience-they have figured out how to make this as easy as possible and prevent complications as best they can. Makes me feel better, anyway!

Burgers and fries smell would drive me nuts! I had to leave the room this morning because of the bacon smell and now MIL is offering to send treats home with us for when my parents come. Thankfully hubby jumped in and said "No, remember, we are all trying to make this holiday about time with family not food." I love that man!

I had my surgery on the 16th, they sent me home just after noon on the 17th. No outpatient here.

Wow! I was lucky, then. I stayed overnight... Surgery was in the early hours then I slept all day, they did get me up to walk every 4 hours. Went home the next day.

Pabst!! Fabulous update!!!

My surgery is 12/28. Our surgeon keeps everyone overnight. That is mandatory. I cannot imagine being sent home the same day. We get our ability to sip throughout the day, our ability to tolerate Jello, bathroom output, ability to walk off the gas from the surgery, no fevers, pouch test, no nausea. That is a lot!!

My surgery is also the 28th, in Dallas. I have dropped about 25 lbs, still trying to lose more. My Doctor also requires a minimum 1 day stay, sometimes 2. As we are from out of town we will be staying in a local hotel for a few days to recuperate as it is a long drive back home and my wife does not like driving on the highway...so I hope to. Doc says it should be Ok but to stop every hour for a 10 minute walk.

Right now still very nervous, but I know it is the right choice; I need a lifestyle change- I have been up and down forever, last few years just up up and up.

Best of luck to you and all!!!