Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2015 or January 2016 sleevers ?

If you like cilantro, try steeping it in your chicken broth, then strain! Gives it a different flavor with no extra calories or carbs,

I am to report to the hospital at 11:30 am. I am the first one for surgery of my gallbladder, sleeve and possibly an umbilical hernia as well. I am all packed, have my before surgery photos taken and am thinking of doing a will. Not that I think I will die but you never know.

This is my first surgery and I am a bit nervous of the unknown. However everything I have read on line for the past 8 years has shown me that this is the right thing for me to do. Over many many years I have lost 180 pounds on my own and the lost 160 do not want to leave my body. After tomorrow I will be seeing the numbers go down again and I am thrilled to finally be able to have this much needed surgery that was denied me in 2008 when I first joined the site.

Please say pray and give good thoughts to all involved that there are no complications and I am back home Wednesday.

I am to report to the hospital at 11:30 am. I am the first one for surgery of my gallbladder, sleeve and possibly an umbilical hernia as well. I am all packed, have my before surgery photos taken and am thinking of doing a will. Not that I think I will die but you never know.

This is my first surgery and I am a bit nervous of the unknown. However everything I have read on line for the past 8 years has shown me that this is the right thing for me to do. Over many many years I have lost 180 pounds on my own and the lost 160 do not want to leave my body. After tomorrow I will be seeing the numbers go down again and I am thrilled to finally be able to have this much needed surgery that was denied me in 2008 when I first joined the site.

Please say pray and give good thoughts to all involved that there are no complications and I am back home Wednesday.

Many prayers to you, please give us an update as soon as you can:)

Today is my 1 month sleeve-iversary! I began at 241lb, day of surgery 229, now 198! getting a good fluid/food routine. Still a bit tired, but getting there. I definitely feel it in my clothes, and love that I can fit in jeans I haven't in a long time (good thing I kept them) Back to work on the 16th, I took all 6 weeks because my job is pretty physically rigorous. Hope everyone else is doing well. I think my biggest obstacle is fighting my mind from going back to my old eating habits i.e. scarfing down my food, and eating all i can at each meal. I waste much more, and that is really hard for me, but I'm learning! :-)

Curious about the umbilical hernia repair and how that goes, as I too need to have the same. Please keep us posted or send a PM. I seem to be more afraid of that operation than the sleeve.

I just passed the 1 month mark for the sleeve with no problems at all thank goodness. I am eating a 'regular' diet for the most part, though things like beef or pork seem to bother my stomach (feels like a belly full of wood chips). Usually a cup of warm broth makes it pass. broth is a blessing, I have learned to make the best Bone Broth, roasting the bones, then cooking them down with leeks, onions, carrots, celery, bay leaves and other assorted spices. It sure beats the heck out of the store bought crap.

I am down about 30 lbs. since the day of my sleeve, and 60 since I started the pre-op diet just before Thanksgiving. Kind of it a stall around week 3-4, then last week started losing again. Hope I can keep it up. have not had much trouble at all getting 80g of Protein, I make a shake using 1.5 scoops Body Fortress powder which should provide about 80-90g, then whatever little bit I get from meals is an added bonus. It is more trouble remembering to drink enough Water during the day, I still struggle with that.

Curious about the umbilical hernia repair and how that goes, as I too need to have the same. Please keep us posted or send a PM. I seem to be more afraid of that operation than the sleeve.

I just passed the 1 month mark for the sleeve with no problems at all thank goodness. I am eating a 'regular' diet for the most part, though things like beef or pork seem to bother my stomach (feels like a belly full of wood chips). Usually a cup of warm broth makes it pass. broth is a blessing, I have learned to make the best Bone Broth, roasting the bones, then cooking them down with leeks, onions, carrots, celery, bay leaves and other assorted spices. It sure beats the heck out of the store bought crap.

I am down about 30 lbs. since the day of my sleeve, and 60 since I started the pre-op diet just before Thanksgiving. Kind of it a stall around week 3-4, then last week started losing again. Hope I can keep it up. have not had much trouble at all getting 80g of Protein, I make a shake using 1.5 scoops Body Fortress powder which should provide about 80-90g, then whatever little bit I get from meals is an added bonus. It is more trouble remembering to drink enough Water during the day, I still struggle with that.

Turns out it was a hiatal hernia. I had 3 surgeries on Jan 28th, the gallbladder, repair of a hernia and the sleeve. I was in surgery for 2 hours and recovery for over 3 hours and got 10mg of Dilaudid. Have no memory of recovery. I had such terrible pain on my left side and left shoulder. The Dr. wanted me to leave the next day but there was no way that was possible. I had a urine catheter that was removed Wednesday morning and when they took me to the bathroom I couldn't get back off the toilet I was so weak. They called for Pt who came with a belt to go around my chest and the three of them pulled me up and I used the walker to get back to the bed. At one point in time the lower number of my BP dropped down to 38. The nurse told the Doctor there was no way I would be able to go home Wed. They kept giving me Dilaudid until almost Midnight on Wed. Finally early Thursday morning they gave me liquid Tylenol. I was able to go home Thursday afternoon. I was ok an getting better each hour. However on Friday I woke up with the worse pain ever in the lower back shoulder. I did manage to get a shake down even though it took 4 hours.The pain from the back shoulder pain kept hurting and when I saw the Dr Wednesday for my 1 week followup even though I told him about the pain he didn't address it at all. He was pleased that I was getting in all my liquids and 80 gr of Protein and my incisions were healing nicely. He told me the gallbladder was a massive hard rock and he had some time getting it out but everything else went well. He was thrilled that I had lost 13 pounds in 1 week.

As for the back shoulder pain the following day I went to my PCP. He thought maybe when they lifted me off the toilet they broke a rib s he had x-rays taken. The fact that x-rays were able to be taken at all was a wonderful surprise to us all. Six months ago it would not have been possible for me to even stand long enough to have them done. No ribs were broken just a very bad internal bruise due to the lift belt. Was given liquid Tylenol on Thursday and today I am feeling better.

Sorry I can't tell you anything about the hernia. I wish you a speedy recovery from it when you have it done.