Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was anyone banded in December of '06?

I was banded 12/7/06. I have lost 50lbs so far. Some lost while on the pre-op diet. I know exactly why I haven't lost double that amount. I need to exercise. I never was able to stick with an exercise routine, Recently someone asked what types of activities I liked, my answer was "playing, I like to play" hop scotch, wiffle ball, jump rope..you get what I mean. However, I am really too fat to run and frolick. Each day I try to do something physical to help build some endurance, i'll then be able to play more and in turn be more active..and so on and so on. There are times I feel so completely motivated other times forget it. I guess that is normal. Some days I eat better than others. I know if I move my ass the weight will melt off.

I just got my 4th fill and finanlly feel a restriction similar to the way I felt the first few weeks out of surgery. I have a 4cc band, I'm now just over 3cc so I am having my esphogram <sp> next month. My first fill was good at first but in an instant the restriction disappeared. My 2nd fill didn't really do much. The third wasn't really a fill, they unfilled to measure me and make sure I wasn't leaking. Well that's my basic story. I'm glad to be here and hope that we all can be there for one another.

I was banded 12/07/06 and have lost 50 lbs too! I also had trouble with fills. They would fill me then next month I'd go in and he would say your band is loose. The last time he was like NO WAY do you need a fill and he checked and I did. It was loose again! I am at 4 cc this summer and doing well.

Hi there! I was also banded in Dec. 2006 (actually 12/26!). I know what you mean about plateaus. I just hit 70 pounds last week. But I had been stuck at 65 for a long time & then all of a sudden down 5. But I see it happening again I go up & down with the same 1 1/2 pounds for weeks & weeks & then a good loss & then nothing for a while. I guess that is just my body. I know what you mean about lovin' the band. It is the best. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Just stick with it--it will come.

Hi all!! I'm a Dec bandster - theres alot of us who post everyday in the lounge under Steady Losers, you're all welcome to come on over.

I had lost about 45 lbs and felt a little too comfortable. For about 2 months I didn't work at losing, started eating junk and didn't exercise and then I went in for a fill. I had to have it done under fluro and my dr said you don't need a fill, you need to eat right. :0 That was a kick in the butt! So I've started back tracking my calories on fitday (I keep them around 1300) and walking anywhere from 1-4 miles a day. I go in tonight to get weighed and I think I'm down a good 5 lbs since my last "kickinthebutt" visit last month. I had to go back to the beginning and remember this is only a tool and its still up to me to eat the proper foods. I'd love to be losing faster but slow and steady will be just fine.

Hi all!! I'm a Dec bandster - theres alot of us who post everyday in the lounge under Steady Losers, you're all welcome to come on over.

I don't feel like a steady loser, so I guess that's why I have never

checked that out. I am doing mostly Protein shakes right now, in

an effort to break this long plateau. I was down a couple lbs this

morning, so I am happy. I hadn't lost anything since my last

fill at the end of May.

Hi Emmy , we were banded on the same day and we do the same thing, lose and gain the same 1 1/2 pounds forever then all of the sudden lose 5 . But I will take it anyway I can get it,lol . I still have about 20 pounds to lose and it will take awhile but I can wait, it took me years to gain it I guess I can take awhile to lose it too.Good luck and nice to know there is someone else that loses the same way I do.

I don't feel like a steady loser, so I guess that's why I have never

checked that out. I am doing mostly Protein shakes right now, in

an effort to break this long plateau. I was down a couple lbs this

morning, so I am happy. I hadn't lost anything since my last

fill at the end of May.

Ditto. I'm doing Protein Shakes too for a few days to see what happens. I finally broke the plateau, lost a few pounds and now back to a dead stop.

I realize plateaus are normal but they are still very annoying.

You know..talk about a kick in the butt! I went in for a check up with my doc and it felt like he was totally disappointed in my progress. I couldn't be more happier..yes I need to work out more and yes I need to up my Protein but dang it..I'm down about 80 lbs and my surgery was 12/13..what is wrong with this picture????

we lose and gain the same 1 1/2 pounds forever then all of the sudden lose 5 . But I will take it anyway I can get it,lol . I know there is someone else that loses the same way I do.

I do too. I do very well without eating anything that I am not supposed to

Then when I don't lose, I eat something that I miss and gain a lb. Then

I have to go back to being really careful, but I still won't lose. Then all

of a sudden, for no reason at all, I will drop a few. It's maddening. I would

love to be one the people that sees the scale move even if it's just one

lb. every week or at least every other week.

More people are telling me lately that I look like I lost weight. So that's

pretty cool.

I was stuck at up to 188 for about 2 weeks then today I was 186.

Does anyone know the trick to Plateau busting? BESIDES exercises?

Is it liquids for a few days? Up the Protein? A specific diet?

I am up for anything just so I won't start doubting my band again.

I hope you find the answer to that one. I have been trying to find that out for a couple of months.

For me, it's been going back to the liquid diet. I can't do it though when I am on my way to the gym. I find I have to have something with a little carbs before exercise or I get nauseous. I eat 1/2 pack of low sugar oatmeal with a scoop of non flavored Protein powder and a little milk before I do leave the house when I plan to do a lot of cardio.

I have been doing Protein shakes for lunch and dinner an d dropped 2 lbs.

I was stuck at up to 188 for about 2 weeks then today I was 186.

Does anyone know the trick to Plateau busting? BESIDES exercises?

Is it liquids for a few days? Up the Protein? A specific diet?

I am up for anything just so I won't start doubting my band again.

Sorry, a lot of it is exercise. If you aren't doing any you really need to start. If you are doing it, great.

Here are some ideas:

http://www.digitalhorsewoman.com/plateaubusting.htm

WeightWatchers.com - Weight-Loss Plateaus - Visitor

WeightWatchers.com - Increasing Metabolism - Visitor

With that said, what is your exercise routine? What is your typical daily diet? How many calories? How many carbs?

You are way too nice, Bubble. There is no way I would call myself thin. At 170 lbs and 5'2" , you can't call that thin. I busted my butt at the gym today, so I have high hopes that I'll start losing more by just drinking the Protein shakes.

Plus I am getting a small fill at the beginning of Sept and I am sure that's going to help. I think that will be my "sweet spot." I'd like to get down

to 150, and even that's too much for 5'2", but I would be happy and not

feel as fat at 150. 135 would be great, but I don't think that will ever

happen.

You are way too nice, Bubble. There is no way I would call myself thin. At 170 lbs and 5'2" , you can't call that thin. I busted my butt at the gym today, so I have high hopes that I'll start losing more by just drinking the Protein shakes.

Plus I am getting a small fill at the beginning of Sept and I am sure that's going to help. I think that will be my "sweet spot." I'd like to get down

to 150, and even that's too much for 5'2", but I would be happy and not

feel as fat at 150. 135 would be great, but I don't think that will ever

happen.

Never say never. Last time you told me you could never lose weight you lost more. :)

I sincerely don't think you look like 170, you look very good.

Good job on busting your butt, that's fantastic. It's the best way to lose.

Be careful about which Protein product you are drinking if that is all you are going to consume. Just use a quality product and NOT the shots, shooters, or bullets. Try to get something else in, a little salad and some l/c veggies, anything. While I fully understand what you are doing, just don't get so hungry that you binge and don't get in too much protein and... don't do it for long. Remember, two cups of iceburg is 35 calories. That's nothing and it will help a little when you want to poop. :)