Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was anyone banded in December of '06?

I have lost between 43-45 lbs, depends on the day. I have bounced back and forth in the same day on my weight.

I am wondering if it is just this time for us to feel like it isn't fast enough. I am in this phase of constantly comparing and freaking out it has been a week and I haven't lost any weight.

I have begun walking everyday and I am hoping this helps, of course I gained the first 2 days....I must go on.

I also worry about the location of my band because my fill is almost to capacity although I do have restriction at this time.

:)Stephanie

237/193/169

Dr. Cribbins

I have lost between 43-45 lbs, depends on the day. I have bounced back and forth in the same day on my weight.

I am wondering if it is just this time for us to feel like it isn't fast enough. I am in this phase of constantly comparing and freaking out it has been a week and I haven't lost any weight.

I have begun walking everyday and I am hoping this helps, of course I gained the first 2 days....I must go on.

I also worry about the location of my band because my fill is almost to capacity although I do have restriction at this time.

:)Stephanie

237/193/169

Dr. Cribbins

You are still in range of 1-2 lbs weekly. Also, if you continue exercising it makes a WORLD of difference!

Hello, all -- there are PLENTY of december '06 bandsters here on LBT -- many of us are on the Steady Loser thread in the "lounge" area...

Ive lost 85lbs since Decemeber 21, 2006. Ive been stuck for a couple of months. Working my ass off the last month, but still stuck :-) so, i am at a frustrated point.

just wanted to hello DECEMBER bands!

Hi Beversman, I was banded Dec 26 and have lost 84, I am stuck too and it frustrates the hell out of me. I don't work as hard as you do, I have seen your posts and have been in awe of your progress in exercising , wish I could do half as much , I take that back, Wish I would is the right way to say it. I bet your are losing fat but gaining muscle, which is what I need to jumpstart my body,lol .

I've lost 83lbs and it is getting harder and harder. I have to do double (or triple) the exercise just to get things moving again. 19lbs to go and I can have a TT. Can't wait.

Well thanks jaqui for the encouragement. The exercise is something that I have been trying to keep up with everyday. I have been doing well this past month. I kind of post it on LBT to keep myself going. It helps me to have to "report" in -- I feel like I HAVE to get the exercise in each day.

I took measurements last night i haven't lost anything significant from most parts of my body...

BUT I have lost 2 inches on my BUST line. My chest measurement is the same. But around where my breasts are -- there are 2" missing! NOT where I wanted to lose inches BUT i am hoping is was the nasty arm-pit fat and NOT my boobs!! haha...

I know my "girls" are getting smaller though. I don't really mind... BUT

I wish this gut of mine would lose something. I do TONS of crunches everyday and I haven't lost any inches from my middle.

I just keep hoping that as I gain the muscle that my scale will somehow start moving again. I am glad to see I am NOT the only one stuck at this stage in the game. We all seem to have lost about that same amount the mid 80's

Wish someone had a way to help us get things jump started again!

I am FRUSTRATED!

No wonder I never see very many Dec. bandsters. I am not a steady loser. I have lost half of what everyone else has lost40 lbs since 12-29. It drives me insane. I could see it if I was pigging out all the time, but I am not.

I recently started running faster, hoping that will break this plateau. I seem to lose about 2-3 lbs a month. The majority of my weight loss was the first month.

Denise

sometimes if you don't have as much to lose you lose it slower.

I believe 2-3 lbs a month is better than if you were on your own, doing it alone.???

Definitely! I know if I hadn't gotten the band, I would be heavier by now, not 40 lbs lighter. I had been trying to lose weight going to the gym every day for 2 years before I got banded. All I did was gain more weight.

Hey! I am Kellie I was banded December 13, 2006!! I am going in for a fill tomorrow to see how much weight I have lost! My weight loss has been really slow!

Hey Everyone!! My name is Kellie I was banded on December 13, 2006! I am going in for a fill tomorrow! My weight loss has been very slow! I eat what I am suppossed to and exercise but hardly any weight comes off!! I am very frustrated!! Any suggestions! I leave for vacation in 4 weeks and would like to be a little smaller by then! I have had my band for 8 months and never heard of this website it is GREAT!! Thanks!! ~KELLIE

Hey Kellie! I am a December 13th Bandster too! As of 4/11 I was at 60lbs lost. I had a fill then and it was like WOW! It was the "sweet spot" so I haven't been back since then. I go back 7/31 for another fill because I feel like I'm eating WAY too much. I'm really curious to see where my weight loss is now. I'm estimating about 80lbs or so. I really need to get motivated into exercising. It's so hard with two kids under 10 and a hubby that works nights. Blah! I know excuses are not warranted..but wow..I need to schedule it in. Maybe I won't feel so tired?!? Any ideas on some short but effective exercises you can do at home?

There are a lot of exercise DVD's that you could do at home. I hear a lot of people talking about them on here. Go to the exercise thread and you will find which ones people are recommending.

There are a lot of exercise DVD's that you could do at home. I hear a lot of people talking about them on here. Go to the exercise thread and you will find which ones people are recommending.

Denise...

Did you see the August exercise challenge in the Dec '06 section? I'm just guessing that you will be up for this.

When will you be in Phoenix?

Hey all- i was banded 12/19 and have lost 50. I too sometimes feel like I slow down but then all of a sudden i'll drop 2-3 lbs in one week and then nothing for a few weeks... very frustrating. at my support group this week some people were talking about going back on the pre-op diet every once in a while to kickstart weight loss again... I'm just happy adjusting to my new body but i can definitely see how i'm going to be addicted to weight loss for the rest of my life. you know some people turn to alcohol or other addictions when they give up food - i think i am getting addicted to losing weight. i constantly think about it. if i'm sitting still for too long i start doing leg lifts or something to excercise. on vacation last week i had to swim in the pool or walk on the beach every day in order to feel good - i was deathly afraid of gaining 2 or 3 lbs on my trip as it takes a few weeks to usually lose that much weight! one of the girls in my group who has lost over 100 lbs in 4 years with her band said she got like that too. when she got to a size 10 she was happy but then and 8 and then a 6 and then she would aim for a 4. it becomes an obsession. i think after all the weight comes off i'll probably be wanting surgery to make my body better. it all seems weird to me as all my life i have obsessed about my weight but now finally the weight is coming off and i don't want it to stop anytime soon. i'm sure i sound like a crazy person but i am so happy that i have this band and for the first time in my life i can see that i might one day actually be a skinny person - what will that be like?!