Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was anyone banded in December of '06?

I was banded on Dec 13th and I have lost 105 pounds!! I am so excited to be able to buy plus sized clothes in stores and not have to order from catties anymore!! I got to quit taking all my meds!! I haven't exercised much since the beginning but when I get back from vacation I am joining the gym. At my last doc visit he was really happy with me. What works for me is LOW CARB!! I feel that is at least half the reason I am doing so well. Here is to the next hundred!!

368/261/175

I too was a December bandster. I figured I would use the days off that I had to recover.

Yes, I had to get through the holidays without eating. I was so excited that it wasn't hard.

Now is more difficult.

I have lost 40 lbs which sounds wonderful but most was lost at first. I had a hysterectomy get in the way in May but other than that no excuse. I had to be unfilled for the surgery. I have the 4 band and am at 2.4.

Elaine

Hi December bandsters,

I haven't been on for a while and was just checking to see how everyone is doing. I've lost 54 pounds since December 11, 2006 but I have been stuck for about two months now. I'm hoping it's just the body readjusting and getting ready to lose the next 50. Positive thinking, right? Hang in there everyone!!

I feel like I finally have the right fill level and am ready to lose some serious weight. I'm so positive right now.

I hope it lasts!!!

Com'on you guys! Let's kick some serious fat-busting butt! We can do this! Log those calories, burn that fat, move all day long, don't sit. If you do sit move SOMETHING, swing your foot, use small weight dumbells while watching TV, keep moving!!!!

If you aren't losing weight log your calories, log your exercise, watch what you eat, kick that plateau!

We can do this! We can all get skinny together!!!! Com'on, burn some fat! Post your progress, post how you moved daily, keep your Protein up, cut out sugar and white carbs... LET'S GET IT DONE!

Thanks Bubble, I needed that! I knew there was a reason I needed to get back into this forum. You're absolutely right! I think the documenting what you eat, setting goals, all that kinda stuff keeps you going. I'm going to set an exercise goal too---that's something I haven't done.

Thanks Bubble, I needed that! I knew there was a reason I needed to get back into this forum. You're absolutely right! I think the documenting what you eat, setting goals, all that kinda stuff keeps you going. I'm going to set an exercise goal too---that's something I haven't done.

Have you decided on an exercise goal yet? What is it? Having a ticker gives you incentive to go out and bust your hiney. It's embarrassing to see it not move and realize everyone else sees it too. It makes a big difference for me. I like to stay a couple of days ahead. I've already completed exercise for tomorrow. :)

Something that works for me, might work for others. When I want to eat something that is less than great bandster food... I have a mental image of that food and a thin person. Then I decide which I want more.

I ALWAYS want the thin person more.

I would love to see a challenge of some sort with other bandster months. An average weight loss or something. See if we can't kick their butts. I'll bet we could!

Bubble, I like your minutes per day idea. Right now I'm doing 45 minutes on the eliptical 3-4 times a week. I think I'll bump it up to 60 minutes 4 times a week and at the end of a week, I'll go to 60 minutes 6 times a week. So I guess my goal would be to exercise 360 minutes a week, but take Sundays off. Whew!!! I've got a lot of work to do!!

Bubble, I like your minutes per day idea. Right now I'm doing 45 minutes on the eliptical 3-4 times a week. I think I'll bump it up to 60 minutes 4 times a week and at the end of a week, I'll go to 60 minutes 6 times a week. So I guess my goal would be to exercise 360 minutes a week, but take Sundays off. Whew!!! I've got a lot of work to do!!

Wow! That's fantastic! You'll be skinny in no time!

Do you find that if you exercise it gives you incentive to not eat? It does for me, I don't want to eat all the calories I just burned.

What do you do to take your mind off what you are doing? I watch movies, talk on the phone (if I can), listen to music.. mostly I watch movies and sitcoms from the 70s.

I need to find something that I can use for my treadmill. Some sort of a bag or something that I can put my cell phone, headphones, remote control, etc. so they are within easy reach. Heh... maybe something like what old people have on their walkers! :)

I think your goals are great! Just think of the difference in us within 60 days, it will be amazing!

BTW, your ticker says 360 hours, not minutes. If you start subtracting minutes from your ticker you're never going to get to your goal. :o That puppy is going to move SLOWLY. You'll be doing this:

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Thanks! I was figuring out my exercise goal and ticker last night and was a little sleepy so my hours and minutes got all mixed up.

When I exercise I have found that I don't want to eat because I don't want to ruin what I just accomplished. I have several crafts that keep me busy too. I make chainmail jewelry, weave baskets, make dolls, paint . . . just about anything to keep my hands away from my mouth.

I'm really trying to prioritize exercise though. It's so easy to put it off and put it off until there's no more time left in the day. So that's a part of my goal too---get my exercise out of the way before I do anything else. That seems to be the only way for me to get it done.

Thanks for your helpful tips, Bubble! Let me know what you come up with for your treadmill.

Donna

I am a december bandster as well and have lost 44 (I think) things are slower than I thought but I try to keep in mind that I have always wanted immediate results and those arnt possible. I was complaining to my doc a few visists ago about the slow weight loss and he said something to me that I found encouraging "even if you have only lost 3#'s this month its the last time in your life that you will have to lose those 3" I totally eased my mind and reminded me this is the last time I will ever have to "loose weight" this is the last chapter about weight loss in the novel that is my life! Here is what I do, eat health (most of the time) exercise some and DONT GET ON THE SCALE! Oh, and dont obsess!

I am losing slowly too, but it's stopped bothering me. I can't eat very much and that's a good thing. So I figure it will keep coming off and I am headed in the right direction. As long as I don't eat junk food, and I know I am following the rules, the only way it can go is down. As long as

I don't get discouraged and have my old way of thinking, that I may as well eat because I am not losing anyway, I think I'll keep dropping slowly but surely.