Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was anyone banded in December of '06?

I don't buy the shots or bullets. The Protein drink that I have a huge can of thanks to my daughter, is EAS Myo Pro. I think the thing that may have helped me not look 170 are the muscles in my legs from all the weight machines. I lost my thunder thighs for the first time in my life.

I hate my bat wing arms though. I can't seem to build any muscle in my arms.

I did have some spinach leaves and raw broccoli with my daughter yesterday when she was on her dinner break at the hospital.

Any luck with the Bo-Flex?

Be careful about which Protein product you are drinking if that is all you are going to consume. Just use a quality product and NOT the shots, shooters, or bullets.

What's wrong with the Protein bullets?

What's wrong with the Protein bullets?

Oh my goodness, everything is wrong with them! If you drink Jello you are getting exactly the same product and a whole lot cheaper. However, neither will increase your Protein stores.

Check out this link, it's easier than typing it again. :)

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/pre-digested-liquid-protein-supplements-40014/#post546569

I get between 1000 and 1200 calories a day. Sometimes less. I am doing Cardio 3 times a week and then crunches at night.

I only have plateaus for like 2 weeks but I can get real down about it.

My other soft spot is I don't even come close to getting my Water or any liquids in the amount of 64 oz a day.

You really should work on the Water bit. When you burn fat the burned fat turns to chemicals and a majority of them leave the body through the renal system. You really seriously need to drink fluids to flush out your kidneys. You might find that with increased Water you'll lose weight too. Each person is different.

Just try the water thing for one day. Drink 5-16oz bottles of water. Use S/F Crystal lite, anything if you can't get it down plain but watch the sodium intake so you don't swell up like a tick. :)

Change the cardio around. If you are running then walk instead. If you are walking then run. If you are doing incline then go to 0%. If you aren't using incline try just 2%. Try changing things around.

If you are doing slow to moderate cardio then try this, do your usual routine but every five minutes bump it up to running as fast and as hard as you can for just one minute. Do this one minute out of every five. There are people on the "at or near goal" forum that swear by this little trick. They promise it's a good plateau breaker. I've never tried it myself since I already run anyway.

Or, here is a link that actually should work for breaking a plateau:

Plateau Busting

THANKS Bubble! I'm going to start this Plateau Busting Diet tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I think my biggest problem is not getting enough liquids in. I'm going to try my hardest!!!! Do you guys still do the "Not drink before 45 mins of eating and 1 hour after eating?"

THANKS Bubble! I'm going to start this Plateau Busting Diet tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I think my biggest problem is not getting enough liquids in. I'm going to try my hardest!!!! Do you guys still do the "Not drink before 45 mins of eating and 1 hour after eating?"

Nope, I see no value in not drinking for 45 minutes before a meal. The liquids pass through immediately so there is no reason to wait. I drink right up to the first bite then I stop drinking for 2 hours after a meal.

The sooner you start drinking fluids after a meal the sooner it turns to slush and you are hungry again.

Thats what I was thinking..that the liquid goes right through so why wait? Maybe thats why I'm having a hard time getting all the Water in that I need. I'll start narrowing the time down. I usually wait 1 hour before drinking again after a meal. By then I'm usually thirsty and need a drink.

Getting a fill today. I really hope this one get the weight loss going at a steady pace again!

I haven't weighed since starting it...I choose to not have a scale at home because I'd become really OCD about weighing. I had a fill scheduled for today but I really don't need it..should be going back on the 18th for one though. I can tell the difference! I have more energy and I'm working out a great deal more than I was. People keep telling me I'm melting! ha ha ha ;)

I have lost a total of 87 pounds, and kinda am really slow going now . I started nursing school and it is alot of work no time for planning meals and exercising right but maybe after I get used to it it will be better. But I have said all along if I didnt lose another pound I am thankful for how far I have come.

How is all the dec. bandsters doing?????

I'm down 93lbs and 9 to go. I've been out of town and eating all the wrong things this weekend so I'm afraid to weigh today. :) Amazingly, my scale addiction seems to have eased up a bit today. Funny how that works. HA!

Although I ate all the wrong things I PBed on them too so hopefully most of it didn't stay down. :cry