Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Ellie, I wouldn't worry too much about the pain meds. None of it was narcotic and all I needed postop was liquid Tylenol. I'm going to PM you my packing list. It's a bit much and I know you won't need it all :)

Ellie, I wouldn't worry too much about the pain meds. None of it was narcotic and all I needed postop was liquid Tylenol. I'm going to PM you my packing list. It's a bit much and I know you won't need it all :)

Oh good! That makes me feel so much better about the meds :) Thank you so much for sending the list! Ahhhh the 10th can't come fast enough! My mom is totally stalking your threads right now, because I told her that I found a buddy that had her experience so well documented :) She's coming with me and is super excited!

Oh good! That makes me feel so much better about the meds :) Thank you so much for sending the list! Ahhhh the 10th can't come fast enough! My mom is totally stalking your threads right now, because I told her that I found a buddy that had her experience so well documented :) She's coming with me and is super excited!

:) No problem. Your mom is a stalker just like me! I was stalking people too! Message me anytime. My parents enjoyed themselves while we were there too and wanted to stay another day. The hotel is nice and everyone makes you feel comfortable. They loved the little sandwich shop downstairs at the OCC too. So funny.

This is it!!! I leave at 6:10am to go to the OCC for my surgery tomorrow (2/17). Can't believe this day is finally here....I feel eerily calm lol but i think that is in part to all of the wonderful experiences people like B2B, hoosiergirl and kindle (just to name a few) have shared here. I appreciate your openness and willingness to answer the same questions again and again by the newbies and i hope to be an active encourager and contributor also, once i come out on the other side tomorrow!

Good Luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

Good Luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

Just had My surgery this morning. Feeling okay, mostly tired some pain. Tried to get up and walk and walked around about 20 steps bc my legs were really wobbly and unsteady.

Just had My surgery this morning. Feeling okay, mostly tired some pain. Tried to get up and walk and walked around about 20 steps bc my legs were really wobbly and unsteady.

Great!! Glad all went well

This is kinda late but I've been reading everything since Christmas. You guys are the greatest. I decided to go for the sleeve the first of Jan and my surgery day is this Friday the 21st. TOTALLY EXCITED!!! I'm so at peace with my decision mainly because of your posts and all your info. Barb could you send me your packing list also? Can one of you tell me again what you bought at Wal-Mart for post-surgery? Is there anyone who is having surgery on the same day? My daughter is going with me and is quite nervous about spending the night alone in the hotel the night of my surgery. Again thank all of you, Kindle, Barb, Mouse, etc. for all your words of comfort and support. Sure would like to see more before and after and in between photos!

Good morning to my OCC mentors and friends!

I have spent the past few months reading all your posts and learning a lot from all of you. I am proud and happy for all of your successes and I'm amazed at how this procedure has changed all our lives.

My SW was 266 when I had my surgery on 08Oct13. B2B was there with her family and I was honoured to get to know her and her mom and dad. My journey has been relatively quiet and internal. But I want to share with people who understand. The "normal" folk in my life are happy for my success but don't relate to the journey.

I am in Hawaii right now with my mother, aunt and uncle. I was invited by them last August before I had decided to have the surgery. I had said I would go only to appease them. (I would back out later using my arsenal of excuses to cover up my weight insecurities). With my surgery complete and my recovery over and my weight decreasing, I found I didn't need to make an excuse not to go. So, here I am. A moment I had boarding the plane was the memory of having to ask for a seatbelt extension. (not anymore)

My weight before leaving home was 200.8. I was excited to hit onederland but I will see that number when I get back.

This long winded post is my way of saying thank you to you all for helping me get to this day. Here's to many more successes to each of you!!! Hugs!

Way to go betrdaz! Love hearing stories like this. This surgery/weightloss gives back more than health and well fitting clothes. Not sure how to quantify the mental emotional changes as confidence increases. It's like the physical weight weighed down my whole life? Cannot really explain it but really connect with where you are coming from.

Hope your trip is awesome and you are gonna LOVE onederland...

Good morning to my OCC mentors and friends! I have spent the past few months reading all your posts and learning a lot from all of you. I am proud and happy for all of your successes and I'm amazed at how this procedure has changed all our lives. My SW was 266 when I had my surgery on 08Oct13. B2B was there with her family and I was honoured to get to know her and her mom and dad. My journey has been relatively quiet and internal. But I want to share with people who understand. The "normal" folk in my life are happy for my success but don't relate to the journey. I am in Hawaii right now with my mother, aunt and uncle. I was invited by them last August before I had decided to have the surgery. I had said I would go only to appease them. (I would back out later using my arsenal of excuses to cover up my weight insecurities). With my surgery complete and my recovery over and my weight decreasing, I found I didn't need to make an excuse not to go. So, here I am. A moment I had boarding the plane was the memory of having to ask for a seatbelt extension. (not anymore) My weight before leaving home was 200.8. I was excited to hit onederland but I will see that number when I get back. This long winded post is my way of saying thank you to you all for helping me get to this day. Here's to many more successes to each of you!!! Hugs!

KJ, I'm so glad you're doing well!! Going on a plane with no extender is like the ultimate accomplishment. I am so happy for you. You are so lucky to be in Hawaii :) Thank you so much for being there for me while we were at the OCC. I'll tell my mom and dad you're doing well :)

I will be there the 8th - 12th I am so nervous yet very excited!!! :D

Booked my tickets today!!!

I had my sleeve surgery Nov. 30, and I'm still unable to tolerate MOST foods, and some liquids. To this end my doc has been great about prescribing anti nausea meds, but lately has been reluctant to give me refills. I'm taking over the counter antacids, and it seems to help for a couple of hours, then wears off. Sad thing is, I'm hungry. My hunger hasn't gone anywhere. But when I eat, the nausea is crazy! Has anyone else experienced this??

I have heard of others having to take their prilosec twice a day for awhile they were then able to eat more things and their hunger went away as well are you taking an antacid?

I had my sleeve surgery Nov. 30, and I'm still unable to tolerate MOST foods, and some liquids. To this end my doc has been great about prescribing anti nausea meds, but lately has been reluctant to give me refills. I'm taking over the counter antacids, and it seems to help for a couple of hours, then wears off. Sad thing is, I'm hungry. My hunger hasn't gone anywhere. But when I eat, the nausea is crazy! Has anyone else experienced this??

Have you talked to your doc about switching PPIs or adding another type of antacid? The hunger feeling is probably acid and people respond differently to different Meds. A friend of mine who had bypass went through 3 different Meds before finally finding the that worked? How about sucralfate? If you've got gastric irritation or ulceration, that can really help heals things. Also, have you tried contacting OCC to see if they have any suggestions? Dr. So has been good at following up with my questions.