Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

I leave for San Diego on the 27th and still have not gotten a confirmation for pickup by OCC? Also haven't heard what time to show up at the hospital or gotten a hotel confirmation. Does anyone know how this works. I'm kinda freaking out I'm going to be stranded in San Diego airport :/

The "Pre-Operative Patient Checklist" they sent in the beginning instructed us to Email all our flight info and any extra hotel night requests to concierge@obesitycontrolcenter.com at least 10 days before arrival. I got an email confirmation back from them after doing this. If you sent everything but haven't received confirmation, give them a call at 866-376-7849 ext 83 or ext 90. Talk to Gloria... She was great dealing with my multiple arrival times and delayed flights. Also verify with her exactly what nights you need at the Marriott and what time to be at OCC. The OCC shuttle will pick you up and take you back to the airport. The Marriott van shuttles you from the hotel to OCC the whole time you're there.

The "Pre-Operative Patient Checklist" they sent in the beginning instructed us to Email all our flight info and any extra hotel night requests to concierge@obesitycontrolcenter.com at least 10 days before arrival. I got an email confirmation back from them after doing this. If you sent everything but haven't received confirmation, give them a call at 866-376-7849 ext 83 or ext 90. Talk to Gloria... She was great dealing with my multiple arrival times and delayed flights. Also verify with her exactly what nights you need at the Marriott and what time to be at OCC. The OCC shuttle will pick you up and take you back to the airport. The Marriott van shuttles you from the hotel to OCC the whole time you're there.

Thanks kindle. I did send my itinerary and she confirmed they received it so maybe that's all they need

Yep, that's all I got. But keep the phone numbers on the preop checklist handy. I ended up speaking to Gloria a lot because my original flight was cancelled and didn't get in until the day of my surgery. She took care of everything and still had me (and coopspa) at OCC in plenty of time for surgery.

Yep, that's all I got. But keep the phone numbers on the preop checklist handy. I ended up speaking to Gloria a lot because my original flight was cancelled and didn't get in until the day of my surgery. She took care of everything and still had me (and coopspa) at OCC in plenty of time for surgery.

Yeah, that makes me feel better. Did you get the information of when to arrive at the hospital after you arrived? Sorry I don't know anything.

When I went I arrived before 3 and the driver that picked me up at the airport took me to OCC for pre op tests and then a Mariott driver picked me up when I was done and took me to the hotel. That driver will tell you what time to be downstairs to go to OCC in the morning. If not, ask him what time. There will likely be 2-3 others plus their companion that leave at the same time as you to head to OCC in the morning. You will have to go back to OCC to get your dressing changed, and then again to have drain removed (with sleeve surgery, not sure about plication). They will tell you when to be in the lobby to take the Mariott shuttle for these things. If not, just ask! Very laid back and accommodating.

When I went I arrived before 3 and the driver that picked me up at the airport took me to OCC for pre op tests and then a Mariott driver picked me up when I was done and took me to the hotel. That driver will tell you what time to be downstairs to go to OCC in the morning. If not, ask him what time. There will likely be 2-3 others plus their companion that leave at the same time as you to head to OCC in the morning. You will have to go back to OCC to get your dressing changed, and then again to have drain removed (with sleeve surgery, not sure about plication). They will tell you when to be in the lobby to take the Mariott shuttle for these things. If not, just ask! Very laid back and accommodating.

Thank you!

Mine is the 30th

That's great. You all will be sleeve buddies. I'm having my surgery in January 6th with him.

Mazzers, they did a wake up call as well and remind me to come downstairs the day of surgery. The bandage change on day 3 was more laid back- you kind of wait in the lobby until they call you. Any changes that needed to be made to scheduling, I was called at the Marriott. Everyone always called me by my name which was nice.

Mazzers, they did a wake up call as well and remind me to come downstairs the day of surgery. The bandage change on day 3 was more laid back- you kind of wait in the lobby until they call you. Any changes that needed to be made to scheduling, I was called at the Marriott. Everyone always called me by my name which was nice.

Thanks, I waiting to load the plane now. I have been so relaxed until today lol. Nervous and upset tummy :)

You got this Mazzers!! Let us know how it goes when you're out!

Go Mazzers!!! Let us know how it goes!

Flying into San Diego on Sunday. I can't wait to be sleeved on Monday.

Mine was done in September, and it was a great experience, considering it was a surgery! LOL! I really felt he did a great job, ALM took awesome care of me while I was there. :)

Best of luck!