Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

HG is right Kindle- this does suck sometimes. Mind you, I'm still early in the process and it is most definitely a "new normal." I go in the grocery store now and I walk around and I don't know what to do. I don't know what to buy to eat. I see all the food and it's no longer appealing. It makes me nauseated most of the time. I definitely have thought did I do the right thing- could I have made a change in my relationship with food without doing this? I don't think I could've honestly. But was this too extreme? I don't know. I can't change what I've done, but did I do the right thing? I had to make a change and I have to stand behind my choice. I see other people eat and I'm jealous! You know what else- I watch food chowdown shows that I never watched it this much before. It's crazy! Don't know why I'm doing it. This is definitely a weird time for me. I'm figuring out what I can eat and some days it works and some days it comes back up. I know it's just right now (well I hope it's just right now) but it doesn't suck any less.

Wow, you're further out than me but sounds like your sleeve is giving you a much harder time than mine is, which makes me both happy and sad. Almost like I wish I was playing vomit Russian roulette because then maybe I'd have better success long term!

I think we all go through tough periods but I don't think any of us did anything but the right thing! This will give us a future that without it was just a pipe dream.

</blockquote> <br> Wow, you're further out than me but sounds like your sleeve is giving you a much harder time than mine is, which makes me both happy and sad. Almost like I wish I was playing vomit Russian roulette because then maybe I'd have better success long term! <br> I think we all go through tough periods but I don't think any of us did anything but the right thing! This will give us a future that without it was just a pipe dream.

Yeah Mouse it was much easier in the beginning than now. Now I'm trying different things and having nausea which is understandable sometimes because my stomach is still "new". It is a tough period and I definitely am happy it's just occasional nausea than having surgical complications. That would be a mess. It's not even different foods it's things I've eaten before. My stomach is officially in charge. I need a name for it! Just a tough time right now with my body getting used to the changes :)

Does anyone know when the nausea will stop? I am 6 weeks post op and Protein Shakes are making me sick. I have tried 4 different brands one being vegan and one being Enspira bariatric shakes. Mixed just with Water, still sick. I feel like I need at least 1 shake a day to get enough Protein. I love how I am looking and feeling most of the time, but I am also scared about feeling sick to my stomach so much.

Does anyone know when the nausea will stop? I am 6 weeks post op and Protein Shakes are making me sick. I have tried 4 different brands one being vegan and one being Enspira bariatric shakes. Mixed just with Water, still sick. I feel like I need at least 1 shake a day to get enough Protein. I love how I am looking and feeling most of the time, but I am also scared about feeling sick to my stomach so much.

I'm in the same boat. I know I'm not eating enough daily. I'm just not hungry. I have not been hungry since I had surgery, I just know I need to eat. I don't know how people can drink the shake with water- makes me nauseated just thinking about it! I've been mixing mine with almond light milk for a long time now. I am the same- I definitely look so much better and can feel the difference in my body as far as getting around , but I need to eat more! I think I'm losing slowly because I don't eat enough. I'm now 10.5 weeks out. Still very noisy after I eat :) I know it will get better.

Welcome to the losers bench! Hope you are feeling well....and welcome to the sleeved side.

I'm back at the Marriott, I needed to stay 2 nights at the clinic rather than one. Long story but all is well and everything was handled quickly and professionally. I am recovering (from 2 surgeries) and on the loser's bench! Turns out I had a hiatal hernia and they went in after the fact to fix it. I had no idea I even had one.

Leaving to today and had some last minute questions!

Can I pay for my meds/etc. at OCC with a credit card or does it need to be cash?

My husband is traveling with me and will be staying the night alone at the Marriott. We pay for that night seperately, right? How much?

Does the Walmart accept US dollars?

How much cash should we bring?

Thanks!

Leaving to today and had some last minute questions! Can I pay for my meds/etc. at OCC with a credit card or does it need to be cash? My husband is traveling with me and will be staying the night alone at the Marriott. We pay for that night seperately, right? How much? Does the Walmart accept US dollars? How much cash should we bring? Thanks!

I was just at OCC and Mariott Nov 7, 2013. My husband paid for my meds and Enspira shake with a credit card. The mariott did not charge us for my husband's night alone there. I believe additional nights are $65, if you chose to stay longer. Everywhere we went, they took US dollars, but occasionally we were given our change in pesos. We took $500 cash and had plenty left. I got lots of $5s and $1s to tip the drivers, room service and for taxis. The mariott will require a credit card upon checkin if I remember correctly and they charge the room when you eat in the restaurant or get room service.

So I have a ? For all you who are further post op than me! I had surgery 11/6 and my sex drive is basically zero!!! Anyone else have this problem?! My poor hubby! We have been married a year and he is losing patience and so am I! What's wrong with me??

So I have a ? For all you who are further post op than me! I had surgery 11/6 and my sex drive is basically zero!!! Anyone else have this problem?! My poor hubby! We have been married a year and he is losing patience and so am I! What's wrong with me??

I have a very high sex drive, a little less time out than you are but although the drive hasn't changed too much, dehydration has taken a weird effect I didn't think of before surgery. Needless to say its an embarrassing problem I have never had to deal with before and I hope it goes back to normal the further out I get! Maybe that plays into your lack of drive as well, remember all your hormones are completely bonkers right now. Give your hubby some attention and I'm sure things will return to normal once the hormones settle.

Edited by MouseOnTheMile

So here I sit in the Salt Lake City airport. I was supposed to be in San Diego 3 hours ago. My original flight from Idaho to SLC was cancelled because Salt Lake closed the airport due to snow. The soonest they could rebook me was Saturday!! So I drove down to SLC to try and get on another flight. Well I got on a 10pm flight which puts me in to SAN too late to get picked up by OCC. So I have to get a hotel near the airport and shuttle back in the morning to get picked up and go straight to surgery. Meanwhile, my sister is sitting at the Marriot by herself with nothing to do cause it's raining.

I've got over 3 hours before my flight boards, so I figured I'd watch a movie on my ipad. But the SLC airport wifi sucks ass, so here I sit...... Normally, I'd plop down in the nearest bar and drink till flight time, but I guess surgery with a hangover probably isn't advisable :rolleyes:

But the worst of it is I now have a 281 mile drive home on Monday instead of 65 :(

Guess I'll see ya tomorrow, coopspa :(

So here I sit in the Salt Lake City airport. I was supposed to be in San Diego 3 hours ago. My original flight from Idaho to SLC was cancelled because Salt Lake closed the airport due to snow. The soonest they could rebook me was Saturday!! So I drove down to SLC to try and get on another flight. Well I got on a 10pm flight which puts me in to SAN too late to get picked up by OCC. So I have to get a hotel near the airport and shuttle back in the morning to get picked up and go straight to surgery. Meanwhile, my sister is sitting at the Marriot by herself with nothing to do cause it's raining.

I've got over 3 hours before my flight boards, so I figured I'd watch a movie on my ipad. But the SLC airport wifi sucks ass, so here I sit...... Normally, I'd plop down in the nearest bar and drink till flight time, but I guess surgery with a hangover probably isn't advisable :rolleyes:

But the worst of it is I now have a 281 mile drive home on Monday instead of 65 :(

Guess I'll see ya tomorrow, coopspa :(

:( that sucks I'm sorry to hear about all the hijinx!

Kindle- I am on the same flight! If you get this I'm sitting three rows from the desk, black sweater, short hair, husband is bald and in a blue button up.

Coopspa

Kindle- I am on the same flight! If you get this I'm sitting three rows from the desk, black sweater, short hair, husband is bald and in a blue button up.

Coopspa

Coopspa