Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

So ladies I went to the ED yesterday and of course the ED nurse practitioner started telling me oh it's the time of the year when skin gets dry... blah blah and I wanted to tell her "Lady, I'm Black! All we do is put lotion on!" Anyway, she also mentioned itching can come from a low fat diet and I might need to add more fats to my diet. She did labs and X-rays and gave me IV fluids in addition to nausea meds (lifesaver) and itching meds. The itching meds calmed it down a little, but it still didn't stop! I'm so baffled. She sent me home with Zofran (thank you sweet baby Jesus) and told me to call my surgeon. Last night when I got home I was able to keep some chicken Soup down. I'm calling OCC in the morning. I was thinking of buying extra nausea meds while I was there, and should have. If I need to, I can always drive down there tomorrow.

HoosierGirl, I hope your right. I look like the poor dogs I used to see with fleas scratching themselves raw. Its embarrassing and I know I'm making people nervous, but I can't stop! I'm all blotchy red. Now that I know it's nothing serious, I will take my Benadryl and wait until it passes.

So ladies I went to the ED yesterday and of course the ED nurse practitioner started telling me oh it's the time of the year when skin gets dry... blah blah and I wanted to tell her "Lady, I'm Black! All we do is put lotion on!" Anyway, she also mentioned itching can come from a low fat diet and I might need to add more fats to my diet. She did labs and X-rays and gave me IV fluids in addition to nausea meds (lifesaver) and itching meds. The itching meds calmed it down a little, but it still didn't stop! I'm so baffled. She sent me home with Zofran (thank you sweet baby Jesus) and told me to call my surgeon. Last night when I got home I was able to keep some chicken Soup down. I'm calling OCC in the morning. I was thinking of buying extra nausea meds while I was there, and should have. If I need to, I can always drive down there tomorrow.

HoosierGirl, I hope your right. I look like the poor dogs I used to see with fleas scratching themselves raw. Its embarrassing and I know I'm making people nervous, but I can't stop! I'm all blotchy red. Now that I know it's nothing serious, I will take my Benadryl and wait until it passes.

:/ I'm sorry B2B, hope it does indeed pass soon!

B2B, glad you're feeling better. I was thinking of getting Zofran down there, too. Just in case, so I wouldn't have to bug my PCP for an Rx once I got home. Do they have them for sale at OCC or would I have to pick them up at another pharmacy?

B2B, glad you're feeling better. I was thinking of getting Zofran down there, too. Just in case, so I wouldn't have to bug my PCP for an Rx once I got home. Do they have them for sale at OCC or would I have to pick them up at another pharmacy?

They gave us a nausea med that we took for two weeks if I remember correctly. I don't know if they will sell you extra. I know Mexico is famous for the pharmacies though and I should've gone with my instinct to buy some extra nausea meds for home.

Do you know what anti nausea they sent home? Here are the meds Carolyn told me I'd get and no anti nausea on the list....

Supradol (NSAID) 4 days

Inhibitron (Omeprazole) PPI 2 months

Pemix (cinitapride) anti ulcer 7 days

Denvar (Cefixime) antibiotic 5 days

(I thought the NSAID was strange, and definitely on my list of things to ask about pre-op)

B2B sorry u haven't been feeling well! :( keep us posted. And the Pemix is for the anti nausea and the omeprazole is for anti ulcers rite?!

I will Karliy :) The Pemix was the anti-nausea med. And the supradol is a med I was familiar with giving all the time to postop c-section patients called ketorolac or toradol. Wonderful non-narcotic pain med. They gave it to us IV after surgery too.

He was my surgeon. He was is young but da guy is great. U will really enjoy ur stay there bcuz da staff r very friendly ppl. Here is one of his results. I had surgery March 19th 2013.

You look great.

So I just scratched my biggest scar and a tiny lil piece came out and it started oozing clear yellowish liquid especially if I pushed it a lil bit. Should I be worried? It's the tiniest little pin prick of a hole now!

I will Karliy :) The Pemix was the anti-nausea med. And the supradol is a med I was familiar with giving all the time to postop c-section patients called ketorolac or toradol. Wonderful non-narcotic pain med. They gave it to us IV after surgery too.

So I guess since it does help with GI emptying, the Pemix must help with nausea, but sounds like they don't actually dispense a true CNS antiemetic. Maybe I'll see what I can pick up at one of the local pharmacies just to have it on hand. Hopefully won't need it. Thanks for the info.

This happened with my drain site...closed up and stopped draining about 24 hours after the ripped of my scab "incident".

He was my surgeon. He was is young but da guy is great. U will really enjoy ur stay there bcuz da staff r very friendly ppl. Here is one of his results. I had surgery March 19th 2013.

attachicon.gif:

alright Deejack looking good!

Hola!!!

Just checking in with everyone and reporting that I was successfully sleeved on Wednesday Dec 4th :) I'm feeling good and just finished my first "drinkable yogurt" with a lot of sounds from my stomach, but no complaints.

b2b, glad you were able to determine that it's nothing serious. I wondered if maybe it was something liver related (liver problems can make you itchy everywhere). Look forward to hearing what the OCC says.