Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Kindle, so sorry to hear about all the travel challenges!! I hope you find coopspa so you at least have some company.

So I have a ? For all you who are further post op than me! I had surgery 11/6 and my sex drive is basically zero!!! Anyone else have this problem?! My poor hubby! We have been married a year and he is losing patience and so am I! What's wrong with me??

Karliy, same here- no drive! My poor boy has been very patient with me. Nothing's wrong with you. I'm so tired and don't feel sexual at all but the boy is staring at me wanting some action. I'm glad he's a good man and didn't get pushy with me. I finally gave in and had sex last night (sorry if that's TMI) and it was great! Maybe you just need some more time. I know I did- a LOT of time. Being exhausted doesn't make for a great romp in the bedroom. I didn't notice any difference in fluids thankfully :)

Coopspa and Kindle - good luck in travel and safe surgery!

<p>Coopspa and Kindle - good luck in travel and safe surgery!</p>

Thanks! Got in at 1am and are now at San Diego airport getting on the shuttle. Yeehaw

Good luck to all the sleepers this week :) mine went great yesterday and I am now back at the hotel resting. All that worry for nothing. You were all so right about the quality of care here. I'm so happy I did this ands I was so happy to meet up with slvrsax and adoptive mom as well.

HAF, Coopspa, Kindle, it was great meeting all of you!! We're home now. I took a liquid ppi that Dr. So gave me, here's hoping it helps me keep something down.

good luck to all that have had thier surgeries done at OCC. I'm scheduled for Jan 13th flying in sunday the 12th, these posts on how it really is, have helped me immensely!! i'd be tortally freaking out of now for friend and sisters on this board. thank you thank you thank you ladies ( and gents),

see yall soon :)

Slvrax glad you got home without mishap. Coopspa and I were the last two surgeries and I slept for about 6 hours after getting out of mine. Missed seeing my sister before she left. Been up to pee several times and walk the hall. Almost through that first bottle of Water and had a gasX strip cause I'm a little crampy. Not bad, though, just can't sleep, so I'm channel surfing.

Kindle, so glad you're on the sleeved side! Isn't it a relief to finally be through the procedure? You are doing great, I couldn't drink at all post surgery. sleep seems to be a problem for me too since surgery, maybe it has something to do with anesthesia? We got home last night sometime after 8. Before I left the clinic Dr. So gave me a liquid ppi (ryopan) because I couldn't keep the powder from the capsules down. Magic I tell you! I waited until I got home to take it in case it made my nausea worse. It did not, now I'm keeping down crystal light. I feel much better about hydration now.

HAF, Coopspa, Kindle, and Slvrsax- hope you all are doing well :) Happy Holidays to all. You all have been a great support 8) edit- sorry I left out Adoptivemom.

Edited by back2barb78

Anybody know how long it will be until I can eat most normal foods without feeling nausea? I am 6 weeks post op and cannot get a Protein Shake down. I have tried 4 different brands, tried them cold and also warm, tried shakes mixed with only Water. No luck. Also I am afraid to try raw vegetables yet. I did eat tomatoes and that was ok. I haven't tried too many new things because I am scared, but not being able to drink Protein Shakes worries me. I was drinking them fine in the liquid stage.

Anybody know how long it will be until I can eat most normal foods without feeling nausea? I am 6 weeks post op and cannot get a Protein Shake down. I have tried 4 different brands, tried them cold and also warm, tried shakes mixed with only Water. No luck. Also I am afraid to try raw vegetables yet. I did eat tomatoes and that was ok. I haven't tried too many new things because I am scared, but not being able to drink Protein Shakes worries me. I was drinking them fine in the liquid stage.

I'm sure everyone is different, but I'm having nausea still and I'm 11 weeks out as of tomorrow. I don't drink shakes often at all. I don't try a whole lot myself. At 6 weeks out, you're at the new life stage and should be able to try a lot of things. My stomach is fickle- even things I've had before will come back up sometimes. It decides what it wants and when. I haven't had any trouble with lettuce or Tomato either.

good luck to all that have had thier surgeries done at OCC. I'm scheduled for Jan 13th flying in sunday the 12th, these posts on how it really is, have helped me immensely!! i'd be tortally freaking out of now for friend and sisters on this board. thank you thank you thank you ladies ( and gents), see yall soon :)

Hi nolagirl. I'm on the same schedule as you. Flying out Sunday the 12th, surgery the 13th and will stay till Friday. Good luck to you!

What time are you flying in?

I'm 5 and a half weeks out and can eat almost anything with no nausea. Again everyone's different. I used to get nauseous until I literally FORCED myself to eat around two and a half weeks (purées). It was bad at first but I kept everything down and I felt better with every bite.

Protein shakes are still a no. Water is still very hard. But food is a non-issue. Weird how your body refuses such things. Hope it gets better for you guys soon :/

It was so nice to meet everybody this week. I am so glad it is over and I am hopefully, almost home! Delays in San Diego had me running through the Atlanta airport to catch my connecting. Got there on final boarding. Now more delays and we had to be taken off the plane for repairs. Surgery went well, I haven't had any nausea and am doing great with the liquids. I love Mexican food and margaritas, so I go to Mexico and can't have either one. No I'm delayed in the Atlanta airport with a Mexican cantina and a bar next to my gate. Merry Christmas! Ha ha!