Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Not sure if my last message went thru - wifi is touch and go - will touch base tomorrow and let u all know how tomorrow goes :)

Thoughts are with you tonigh health bound.

Thanks everyone! Again....SO grateful for this thread :)

But could still use a few, "I know I made the right choice to get sleeved because..." stories if you got em, lol.

Ok...I paid my deposit, and now I've booked my flight. I will be traveling alone to the OCC for my surgery. I'm going to stay an extra day at the Marriott to give my self the time to heal more. then my friend is flying out and we will stay in San Diego for a few days before flying home to Philly. She wasn't able to come the whole time, so I figured I'd rather have someone fly home with me. Now I'm freaking out a bit thinking about it all and wondering if I'm crazy flying down to mexico alone to have bariatric surgery, If my surgery is 2 months from now and I'm getting nervous, I can only imagine what my thoughts will be in the coming days! Can't wait to hear more success stories from you guys to keep me calm :)

Remind me again - i may have asked this, but I can't remember. If any of you traveled alone, when you were in the hospital that night, who watched your purse/luggage? was it locked up somewhere while you were in surgery and recovery?

I apologize for the silly questions when I am still over 2 months from being sleeved...just nervous! :)

Ok...I paid my deposit, and now I've booked my flight. I will be traveling alone to the OCC for my surgery. I'm going to stay an extra day at the Marriott to give my self the time to heal more. then my friend is flying out and we will stay in San Diego for a few days before flying home to Philly. She wasn't able to come the whole time, so I figured I'd rather have someone fly home with me. Now I'm freaking out a bit thinking about it all and wondering if I'm crazy flying down to mexico alone to have bariatric surgery, If my surgery is 2 months from now and I'm getting nervous, I can only imagine what my thoughts will be in the coming days! Can't wait to hear more success stories from you guys to keep me calm :)

Remind me again - i may have asked this, but I can't remember. If any of you traveled alone, when you were in the hospital that night, who watched your purse/luggage? was it locked up somewhere while you were in surgery and recovery?

I apologize for the silly questions when I am still over 2 months from being sleeved...just nervous! :)

I was most nervous after booking. The closer the surgery got the more calm I felt. You will do fine. You've thought it out and made good plans.

Hey guys! Just wanted to update you on what's up with me since it's so weird. I started itching on Tuesday night- all over (no rash, no new food, I've done nothing different). It wasn't so bad yesterday, but today- Oh my word. I had to use my break to go get Benadryl cream/spray and spent the rest of my shift spraying and slathering myself. I'm scared something is up because I'm so nauseated and I also started having looser stool when the whole time I've been constipated. I took regular Benadryl and started an IV because I know I haven't had enough fluids- or food for that matter. If I don't feel better in the morning, I'll go to the ED tomorrow :( I'm typing and scratching

Hey guys! Just wanted to update you on what's up with me since it's so weird. I started itching on Tuesday night- all over (no rash, no new food, I've done nothing different). It wasn't so bad yesterday, but today- Oh my word. I had to use my break to go get Benadryl cream/spray and spent the rest of my shift spraying and slathering myself. I'm scared something is up because I'm so nauseated and I also started having looser stool when the whole time I've been constipated. I took regular Benadryl and started an IV because I know I haven't had enough fluids- or food for that matter. If I don't feel better in the morning, I'll go to the ED tomorrow :( I'm typing and scratching

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Hopefully, the doctors will help you. Did you call the clinic?

Maybe you should see a doctor there. You don't want to miss something you could give to the babies.

No I didn't call the clinic. I figured if I have any issues I should just go to the ED here. The only thing the clinic could do is call in a prescription for nausea meds and I'm not sure if they do that. Last night after I posted I tried to eat some chicken salad. All I did was put the food in my mouth and started dry heaving repeatedly since I hadn't eaten. I didn't even get to chew! Not sure what's up with me. And you're right Raven, I don't want to give the little ones anything. I wanted to stay home today but we are so absolutely short handed with staff I would have let the unit in a lurch today if I did. Today the itching is better but i need to eat but I'm so scared! I hate vomiting :(

BacktoBarb is it possible the itching is caused by shingles?  Have you ever had shingles?

BacktoBarb is it possible the itching is caused by shingles? Have you ever had shingles?

Shingles is the worst thing ever. Ever.

No I didn't call the clinic. I figured if I have any issues I should just go to the ED here. The only thing the clinic could do is call in a prescription for nausea meds and I'm not sure if they do that. Last night after I posted I tried to eat some chicken salad. All I did was put the food in my mouth and started dry heaving repeatedly since I hadn't eaten. I didn't even get to chew! Not sure what's up with me. And you're right Raven, I don't want to give the little ones anything. I wanted to stay home today but we are so absolutely short handed with staff I would have let the unit in a lurch today if I did. Today the itching is better but i need to eat but I'm so scared! I hate vomiting :(

Hope you are feeling much better today B2B!! Eating, though scary, will help. Hopefully you were able to get something down!

Barb, yes, you're a nurse and have a lot of medical knowledge. But please see a doctor -- possibly an allergist. Stop trying to diagnose and treat yourself.

(Said with tremendous admiration for all your great posts and va va voom!)

Ann

No definitely not shingles- shingles are no joke painful and run along nerves. This is just all over generalized itching. Thank you Ann and you're absolutely right. I had to work yesterday- we have so many nurses out right now for various reasons and even one of the other nurses I was with was having issues and we powered through the shift. If I had called off yesterday, they would have been screwed beyond believe we were so busy. I'm going to go to the ED. I just don't want to go and have them send me home with a Benadryl rx and have wasted my time, not to mention my ED co-pay. Drs are so quick to just write off your complaints sometimes and think you're crazy. Now I have 4 days off and don't have to worry about leaving my friends struggling, so it will be handled :)

B2B - when I was losing weight fast, my skin itched like mad! I would go to the bathroom at work so I could hide out and scratch like a dog with fleas. Not pretty, but oh it felt so great! Mentioned this to a friend and her first comment was that my skin was shrinking and thus, the itching. Very unscientific, but I think true for me. When my weight loss slowed, itching stopped. Maybe a possibility for you too?? I mean it was everywhere...neck, lower back, chest, under arms. And it wasn't a painful thing, just an itch that I HAD to scratch!

Edited by HoosierGirl