Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

Hi guys! It's been a while since I posted, but I'm going to start logging my food again. I need the accountability.

Today...

B- 1 cup watermelon chunks, light yogurt

S- 100 calorie pack cocoa roasted almonds

L- 1 cup special k chocolatey delight w/ 1/4 cup lowfat milk

S- Protein Shake

D- making mini meatloaves (Tara's recipe from TBL), and corn on the cob

This steroid I am on is making me CRAZY HUNGRY, so if I need a snack after dinner, it will probably be 100 calorie popcorn or a Protein Bar.< /p>

Hi Georgia Girl!

Today-

B-coffee with equal, ricotta bake

L-yoplait yogurt

D-.5 cup refried Beans, lf sour cream, salsa

Welcome Back Georgia Girl!

I need accountability too - I take my mind of it for a day or two and I've eaten who knows what - I am fighting a bad mental battle -

I have basically spent most of the day eating sf popsicles and fudgsicles - i mean seriously. I did have 2oz of hamburger w/ cheese spread on it and 1/3 c. baked Beans for lunch

dinner should be better - making parmesan crusted dover sole w/ lemon and capers and a caprese salad

Welcome Back Georgia Girl!

I need accountability too - I take my mind of it for a day or two and I've eaten who knows what - I am fighting a bad mental battle -

glad your back GG!

i'm giving myself the wkend to eat what i want & will check back in on monday. been a LONG time since food tasted good, and today i've had a nibble of just about everything that's crossed my path - sangria included.

happy wkend all!

Enjoy that sangria for me Luluc!

Do any of you eat farina (sp.)? If you do, do you do anything to it to make it taste good? I remember it being awful as a kid, but haven't had it as an adult.

B – 1 cup total of: leftover chicken, leftover mashed potatoes, frozen corn and peas, 1tsp light butter)

L – Protein Shake made w/ ½ c. frozen strawberries, 30 minutes later I had 2tbs light vege cream cheese and 12 wheat thins high Fiber crackers

S – 15 almonds, 1 sf oreo

D – 1 c. lasagna made w/ zucchini “noodles” instead of Pasta. Rest of the family had spaghetti and meat sauce…mine was better!!

S – Might have a Protein shake or a sf fudge pop

Don't know that I've ever specifically had farina - but for some reason I think it's like cream of wheat - which I eat all the time - w/ some splenda brown sugar/ maple Syrup or Peanut Butter and splenda.

it also helps with just a pinch of salt - balance and all.

SOmetimes I'll saute a diced up apple or pear in a little butter (opt) and the brown sugar and syrup w/ a little cinnamon and nutmeg then pour it over the top of the Cereal.< /p>

Do any of you eat farina (sp.)? If you do, do you do anything to it to make it taste good? I remember it being awful as a kid, but haven't had it as an adult.

I don't know that I've ever had traditional wheat farina, but I imagine just like oatmeal it can be jazzed up to make it tasty. Plain would probably be gross just like plain oatmeal is.

The farina I eat is made with brown rice. Bob's Red Mill makes it. I use it as a much healthier substitute for grits. I actually like it better than grits, which is saying a lot for a southern girl! It has a delicious flavor, with all of the nutty goodness of brown rice and the texture of grits. I usually serve it with light butter, s&p, and sometimes a little cheese, topped with a sunny side up egg. I would love to eat it every day for Breakfast but it's kind of runny and I can eat more than I should. It's great for the full liquids and the mushy stage. Sometimes I can find it at the grocery store in the health food section, but it has become increasingly hard to find. Fortunately Bob's Red Mill sells it on their website, Creamy Brown Rice Farina - Bob's Red Mill. I just noticed that they also make a version of grits out of millet. I think I'll give that a try.

So are you having to completely start over on the post op diet (same 4 weeks)?

yep. it sucks. i have to start over with the follow up appointments too. :tongue2:

pudding, Water, mashed potatoes (thin), popsicle, Soup

Don't know that I've ever specifically had farina - but for some reason I think it's like cream of wheat - which I eat all the time - w/ some splenda brown sugar/ maple Syrup or Peanut Butter and splenda.

it also helps with just a pinch of salt - balance and all.

SOmetimes I'll saute a diced up apple or pear in a little butter (opt) and the brown sugar and syrup w/ a little cinnamon and nutmeg then pour it over the top of the cereal.

I don't know that I've ever had traditional wheat farina, but I imagine just like oatmeal it can be jazzed up to make it tasty. Plain would probably be gross just like plain oatmeal is.

The farina I eat is made with brown rice. Bob's Red Mill makes it. I use it as a much healthier substitute for grits. I actually like it better than grits, which is saying a lot for a southern girl! It has a delicious flavor, with all of the nutty goodness of brown rice and the texture of grits. I usually serve it with light butter, s&p, and sometimes a little cheese, topped with a sunny side up egg. I would love to eat it every day for breakfast but it's kind of runny and I can eat more than I should. It's great for the full liquids and the mushy stage. Sometimes I can find it at the grocery store in the health food section, but it has become increasingly hard to find. Fortunately Bob's Red Mill sells it on their website, Creamy Brown Rice Farina - Bob's Red Mill. I just noticed that they also make a version of grits out of millet. I think I'll give that a try.

Thanks to both of you for the ideas. I do think this is similar to Cream of Wheat. I think the empty spot on the shelf next to this was for Cream of Wheat.

yep. it sucks. i have to start over with the follow up appointments too. :tongue2:

So sorry punkster.

yesterday....

b - 6 chicken wings w/ranch

l - chicken sausage link & creamed spinach

d - large order of french fries :tongue2:

s - white peach

calories - 1600

Edited by Scorpioqt

Yesterday:

B/L - 3.2 oz slice of deli ham and chocolate Muscle Milk Lite (Yummy! First time trying it!)

D - 5 medium shrimp (from a "Steamable" shrimp & Pasta meal that I bought. It was so nasty looking when I took it out of the microwave, I ate the shrimp and pitched the rest.) and about 4-5 oz of deli ham with 2 slices of white american cheese melted on it.

S - popcorn :tongue2:

B – 1/3 c taco meat w/ sprinkle of cheese, 100 cal pack of guacamole, and 7 corn chips.< /span>

S – Protein smoothie

L – Protein smoothie (it was hot. all I wanted was something frozen. beats ice cream!)

S – 5 morningstar farms veggie buffalo wings. Should have had this or something else solid for lunch and I would have eaten less today. Live and learn.

D – baked chicken drumstick, broccoli, few bites of mashed potato

Edited by August