Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

tofu falafel

extra firm tofu (drained)

chopped onion

minced garlic

chili powder

cumin

cilantro

green onion

salt (more than you think, tofu is bland)

pepepr

soy flour

add the drained tofu to a food processor, pulse until the pieces are fine, but not pureed, remove to a bowl), then chop the onion, cilantro, green onion, garlic. add to tofu, season to taste (generously). combine all ingredients, coat with soy flour and fry.

I eat them by themselves, you can always make a light yogurt sauce with them

That sounds great! Thanks for posting this. I adore regular falafel, but it's loaded with carbs and while it has some Protein it doesn't have enough to be worth the carb/fat content. Also, falafel doesn’t seem to agree with me the way it did pre-surgery. I get a heartburn type feeling in my pouch if I eat greasy high carb foods. I guess that isn't such a bad problem to have. It definitely keeps me away from a lot of things I shouldn’t eat!

I enjoy tofu but typically only if it's made Asian style. I guess the inventors of tofu know best how to use it. The Korean market near me has fried tofu that has a texture like puffy omelet on the outside and is creamy in the middle. It's great added to a stir fry. I was surprised to see that the fat content wasn't high even though the package said it was fried. I guess it tofu does not absorb much grease when frying.

Does the tofu falafel get crispy like regular falafel?

Today….day 1.5 of the 5 day pouch diet (started at dinner last night out of disgust)

B – Protein Shake w/ PB2

S – Protein latte shake

L – Cream of zucchini soup:

2 zucchini chopped and cooked with 2 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper, in chicken broth (enough to cover vegetables plus 1 inch). Boil covered until squash is soft, about 20 minutes. Throw in a handful of assorted herbs (I used mint, cilantro, and basil, but any herb would work even parsley). Blend with a stick blender or in a regular blender until smooth. Add 1 cup FF Greek yogurt. Blend again. Adjust seasoning and add Water if too thick. Reheat gently until just simmering and serve. Makes 3-4 cups of Soup depending on how big your zucchini was. This soup was so delicious!! I use this same recipe with all kinds of vegetables…broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, parsnips, winter squash, leeks and potatoes, celery root, etc.

D – Haven’t had it yet, but plan to have more soup and another shake if I’m still hungry.

That sounds great! Thanks for posting this. I adore regular falafel, but it's loaded with carbs and while it has some Protein it doesn't have enough to be worth the carb/fat content. Also, falafel doesn’t seem to agree with me the way it did pre-surgery. I get a heartburn type feeling in my pouch if I eat greasy high carb foods. I guess that isn't such a bad problem to have. It definitely keeps me away from a lot of things I shouldn’t eat!

I enjoy tofu but typically only if it's made Asian style. I guess the inventors of tofu know best how to use it. The Korean market near me has fried tofu that has a texture like puffy omelet on the outside and is creamy in the middle. It's great added to a stir fry. I was surprised to see that the fat content wasn't high even though the package said it was fried. I guess it tofu does not absorb much grease when frying.

Does the tofu falafel get crispy like regular falafel?

it does as long as you use the soy flour, without it, it falls apart

that falafal does sound good - I'm not usually a tofu fan unless its pureed into things - but I think I might try that.

Lulu - I know the PB2 has a lot to live up to - I too am a jiff fan. I have recently also been getting some organic and just adding salt and splenda to it - which I have grown to love.

Hi everyone, I have been missing for a bit. Went on vacation and taking a while to get back into the swing of posting.

Today -

B - Hummus and wheat thins

L - 4 chicken nuggets from Chick Fil A

D - Little bit of mashed potatoes and a couple bites of tuna....then I sneezed...once I sneeze I cant eat without getting stuck.

I know sounds weird...anyone else have this issue?

.then I sneezed...once I sneeze I cant eat without getting stuck.

I know sounds weird...anyone else have this issue?

My signal is this little almost burp. When that happens, I shouldn't eat any more. I don't get stuck, but I get really uncomfortable if I eat past that signal.

tuesday

b-toast,turkey,ham, cheese sandwhich

s-yogurt w/nuts

l-rice cake w/deli chix salad

s-a plum

d-4oz ocean perch, 4oz grilled zucchinni

s-2oz lite ice cream

980calories

56oz c.lite

I am on the Clear Liquids going into my first day adding full liquids. We aren't allowed "mushies". Here's my normal day

Sipping all day:

1/2 Crystal Light fruit Punch 1/4 orange juice 1/4 Special K Protein Drink or Gatorade or

1/2 Crystal Light Lemonade 1/4 tea 1/4 Special K Protein drink (an Arnold Palmer sort of)

1 small, small cup of coffee or herbal tea

Juicy Juice no sugar added applejuice that has Prebiotic Fiber, Zinc and Vit D added

Lunch:

Chinese Soup broth (Egg Drop Soup or Won Ton-strained)

Dinner/Snacks

Drinkable Lowfat Yogurt by Stoneyfield half the bottle (5oz)

2 Gas X strips

1 Multivitamin thats chewable and add to my last sip of beverage

In a few days I will add Atkins Advantage chocolate Protein Drinks, can't wait! My dogs Beggin Strips are smelling pretty darn good!

In a few days I will add Atkins Advantage chocolate Protein drinks, can't wait! My dogs Beggin Strips are smelling pretty darn good!

Welcome! It's funny how when you aren't allowed to eat, everything edible almost smells good.:thumbup:

Slim- OMG I love the PB2! Haven't tried reconstituting it w/ Water to try as plain Peanut Butter - but will probably use it more for flavoring anyway.

I tried it just quickly 2 ways this am (about to go to bed) - first just took a little pinch to taste as is. Was immediately hit with a wonderfully intense roasted peanut flavor - surprising since the drying process really lightens the color - and I was a little nervous.

2nd - was a little decadence - mixed 1 plastic spoonful PB2 and 1 spoonful of my sf, ff, cal free chocolate Syrup - that is what I am talking about - and no guilt - other than I am eating before I go to bed!

Slim- OMG I love the PB2! !

ok - will break down and get powdered PB :thumbup: i know i'll still have to keep jiff in the house, can't see DH EVER trying:)

yesterday - still have a cough/cold:

b- bowl lentil Soup

s- sf strawberry Jello

l- slice cheddar & melba toast

s- sf choc jello

d- lemon italian ice

My signal is this little almost burp. When that happens, I shouldn't eat any more. I don't get stuck, but I get really uncomfortable if I eat past that signal.

that's funny, that's my little signal too. With this band, you definetly need to learn to listen to your body

yesterday....

i ate sooooo bad, i'm to ashamed to post it!! :):lol:.....

but today is a new day....will get back on track,

cya guys tomorrow!!!

I've only had one fill 1.6cc in a 4cc band. I was banded October 2006.....I lost 90lb and I had a little scare with not being able to hold Water down so, I never went back for another fill. I have gained all my weight back and decided the risks are worth it. I remember that I ate 1/2 cup of food Protein first and four times a day.....Dr. Kuri told me to eat when I am hungry.....with the band you are very restricted so, everybody's different. Someday's you may only eat 3 times other days you may eat a snack.