Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

I was curious if anyone thinks they could eat this way without a band or fills? PolorBear Mike never had a fill and lost 100lbs on Dr.Kuri's site.

I think as long as you learn to deal with in between meal times you probably could succeed. I think you would learn more about yourself and what makes you overeat and why. I think it's very empowering to only eat 1/2 cup of food and walk away.

I was curious if anyone thinks they could eat this way without a band or fills? PolorBear Mike never had a fill and lost 100lbs on Dr.Kuri's site.

I think as long as you learn to deal with in between meal times you probably could succeed. I think you would learn more about yourself and what makes you overeat and why. I think it's very empowering to only eat 1/2 cup of food and walk away.

i very much doubt i could eat this way w/out the band.

i was not into junk food or sweets - i just liked good food & large quantities.

i also don't think .5c of food suits my activity level. i run a small ranch & work out 5 times a wk....i eat when hungry.

i don't believe there is a template or one size fits all with this band. what works for one - does not for another, evidence in my own home w/my husband also banded.

polarbear mike got restriction w/band placement alone, there are many on this board who have been successful w/no fills.

Slim- OMG I love the PB2! Haven't tried reconstituting it w/ Water to try as plain Peanut Butter - but will probably use it more for flavoring anyway.

I tried it just quickly 2 ways this am (about to go to bed) - first just took a little pinch to taste as is. Was immediately hit with a wonderfully intense roasted peanut flavor - surprising since the drying process really lightens the color - and I was a little nervous.

2nd - was a little decadence - mixed 1 plastic spoonful PB2 and 1 spoonful of my sf, ff, cal free chocolate Syrup - that is what I am talking about - and no guilt - other than I am eating before I go to bed!

That sounds soooooo good! I can't wait for my order to arrive!

that's funny, that's my little signal too. With this band, you definetly need to learn to listen to your body

You really do. It has taken me some time to really start doing that.

today-

B-coffee w/stevia, slim fast low carb (tried the muscle milk, I didn't like the aftertaste)

L-instant potato Soup (still on full liquids after fill)

D-ricotta bake

B- Atkins shake with espresso 150 cal

l- split half of a pick two from panera 360 cal

s- skinny latte 80 cal

s- some cut up cucumber and Tomato with ff dressing 50 cal

soo hungry for some reason

90 cal pb bar

d- spaghetti squash with sauce and turkey sausage 300 cal

1030 cal no work out..

im slacking:cursing:

tom. will be better

Today (day 3 of 5-day pouch diet)

B – plain omelet (ick)

L – white fish patty (ick)

S – 3oz tuna w/ 1tsp light mayo (ick)

D – salmon patty (double ick)

I’m sick of patties and getting sick of the 5 day pouch diet. I’m hungry too often after eating nothing except liquid and soft foods. I guess that’s the idea to teach you not to eat them. Tomorrow is more solid Protein so maybe it will be better. I think I’ve learned my lesson. I promise to stay out of the Sun Chips! I was limiting the portion to a ½ serving but it’s still not something that I should be eating every day. I wasn’t even eating them because I liked them so much as because they were easy to eat, which I know is the WRONG reason to eat something!

I have a question for everybody.....

All day I ate foods that I really didn’t want because that’s what I had on hand that worked for day 3 of the pouch diet. This caused me to ask myself what I really DID want to eat, but I just didn’t know. That's why I started reading this thread, because I thought maybe I'd see something that sounded good.

This afternoon a friend told me she went for sushi which used to be my favorite food above all other foods. I realized today that I no longer care about eating sushi or really anything. This is a big thing for a person who used to go crazy craving sushi and would have happily eaten it every day. I tried to think of what my favorite food is now that it apparently isn't sushi, but I came up blank. I couldn’t think of a single food that I couldn’t live without.

Yes, of course I want to eat and food still tastes good, but it just isn’t the same. I don’t get the same pleasure from food that I used to get. I get a little pleasure, don’t get me wrong, but it’s definitely not at the level it used to be. I suppose it’s because I can only eat tiny amount of it and typically causes me at least a little discomfort. Most of the time it isn’t painful but the band does make me aware that it is there and I dislike the feeling of food slipping past it. I believe my changed attitude towards food is due to the negative reinforcement from the band. It’s not a bad thing at all. In fact for a food addict like me it’s probably the best thing that I could do to break my addiction. It’s exactly like an alcoholic taking Antabuse, which makes them sick if they drink alcohol. I’m not sure now that I’ve come to this realization how I feel about it. Do I miss my old buddy, food? Maybe, but I’m caring less and less about the loss.

Has anybody else noticed the same loss of interest in food?

I hope to feel that way about food...today is my first day of mushies (15 days post-op) so I was excited to try things...but I just had dinner and I DO feel that way right now...i LOVE sushi as well and it used to ALWAYS sound good..but not right now :thumbup:

Here's today (first day mushy/pureed):

B-nothing but water..early appointment and slept in too late

L- 1oz refried Beans w/ 1/2tsp each light sour cream, & mashed avocado, and literally a pinch of light shred cheddar...it was heaven!!! Bean burrito w/out the burrito shell :D

S- 2 3/4oz Babybel light cheese w/4 saltine crackers...wasn't sure about them but i bit off the corner of the saltine to see if i could chew it enough (or if not then spit it out)..and it fricken MELTED! I had no idea saltine's did that. But I didn't want to overdo it so 2 per piece of cheese..that's it and it was PLENTY.

D- 2oz Tilapia and some overcooked green beans (chewed to puree)...i've never even liked fish but I LOVE it now!

I can't see myself having anything else tonight...all i want now is Water :eek:

August, I really wish I could say Yes, I've lost interest but sadly I can't yet. I'm waiting for that day. I still sit and watch the clock waiting for my next "fix". I'm hungry an hour after I eat. I go for another fill a week from today. Sure hope that does it. I'm at 4ccs now.

Sherry:sad:

Barbie and Sherry,

I was still able to eat up the whole house until I got the right amount of fill. OK, maybe only half the house. Before the band it was mine AND my neighbor’s house! I had some restriction with the first fills but then they finally got it right. It was like hitting the wall...hard! Then I really understood what it was like to feel full and stay full after just a tiny amount of food. It was like a miracle.

Lately I've slipped into the habit of eating food that goes down easy, not so much that I was trying to eat more than I was trying to eat without that feeling of the food slipping through the band. I really dislike that feeling. My weight loss has been good, but I know that isn't the right way to eat. Plus, I need to concentrate on more nutritious foods. When you can’t eat much nutrition is twice as important!

Welcome! It's funny how when you aren't allowed to eat, everything edible almost smells good.:thumbup:

ive been on Clear Liquids for about a week now and everything i see or smell i want to devour.

ok - will break down and get powdered PB :thumbup: i know i'll still have to keep jiff in the house, can't see DH EVER trying:)

yesterday - still have a cough/cold:

b- bowl lentil Soup

s- sf strawberry Jello

l- slice cheddar & melba toast

s- sf choc jello

d- lemon italian ice

luluc - how do you make your lentil soup?

wednesday

b-scrambled egg w/cheese, 3links

s-rice cake w/pb

l-rice cake, chix salad

s-string cheese, 1sl ham

s1-1/2c honey nut cherroies, w/milk

d-haddock, sm.mashed potatoes(loaded)

s-pound cake w/tsp ice cream

1469calories

53oz c.lite

i seem to be eating more sweets lately gotta get that under control.

luluc - how do you make your lentil Soup?

punkster - i follow the back of the bags directions as far as soaking & such but i add more to it to give it "bulk". i'll use what ever fresh veggies i have on hand, can of rotelle, chicken stock, and a cup of brown rice.

this past time the veggies i used: onion/garlic/zuchinni/squash/carrots

i keep my 2c measuring cup of chicken stock full and add as the Beans can absorb faster than the veggies & rice do.

you can play around w/these as they are very versitile.

yesterday - cold still making it a problem eating:

b- half english muffin w/cream cheese / low sodium v8

l- peach/mango Protein smoothie

d- 1/4c spinach risotto, bite of italian meatloaf

s- SF choc pudding cup