Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

ok - so I just checked the PB2 (bell plantation) website for grins - and they do have a locator to see where you can get it in your area - guess what - my normal grocery store carries :bored::lol::):lol:

guess I'll stop there in the morning (definitely glad I didn't pay for fast shipping then - feel a little bad for doing it anyway)

I had no idea it was carried in regular grocery stores. I ordered it from Netrition.com. Their shipping charges were reasonable and they shipped fast. I'll have to check out the manufacturer's website to see if it's sold in a store near me for next time. I ordered the plain and the chocolate. The chocolate was OK, but if found it pointless because the chocolate flavor was not strong enough. You can always add chocolate flavor with sf Hershey's Syrup. Next time I'd just buy the plain.

So far I've only used it in Protein Shakes and once reconstituted. I think it would be great in recipes too, like Thai peanut sauce. I love peanut sauce on chicken but never eat it because it's so fattening. It would be good for peanut noodle salad too but noodles and I don't get along very well these days. For some reason the Dreamfield's low carb Pasta is easier for me to tolerate. I guess it doesn't turn to paste and swell in the stomach.

Trying to continue with liquids today for the 5 day pouch diet. We'll see how that goes.

Ok, I ordered the plain and the chocolate. I am not sure why I bought the chocolate, but what the heck. I figured I would eventually use it in shakes or something.

yesterday...

b:

Ok, I ordered the plain and the chocolate. I am not sure why I bought the chocolate, but what the heck. I figured I would eventually use it in shakes or something.

I revisited the chocolate flavor today in my shake. It tasted the same to me as the plain, still good but the same. I will use up what I bought but next time I'll just get the plain because it's more versatile. I was never a fan of chocolate Peanut Butter as a spread, but oh boy do I love Nutella! Nutella is not only full of fat but it's full of sugar too and not nearly as much Protein as peanut butter. I suspect they add a lot of fillers to it which cuts the protein content. Too bad the same company doesn't make a chocolate hazelnut powder. I may have to write them with the suggestion. Imagine a Nutella shake!! MMMMMMM

That powdered Peanut Butter does sound like a good idea. Peanut butter seems the only thing I can put into a Protein Shake to make me drink it. Defeats the purpose if the Protein Drink has 500 calories in it.

Today-

B-yoplait strawberry yogurt

L-leftover zucchini dish from yesterday (you were right luluc-it was better)

D-4 oz meatloaf, .3 cup mashed potatoes, half of cornbread muffin (much needed fill tomorrow)

Try muscle milk the regular has 200 calories and the light has 110 (they are both very good). worldwide pure Protein is another one of my favorites, they all come pre-made

Sunday:

B - 2 eggs, 3 sausage links

L - chocolate Protein bar

S - popcorn

D - bbq chicken wings, Pasta primavera from a Pasta Bowl at Dominoes and few bites of the pasta bowl :bored:

(In between the popcorn and Dominoes, I walked 3.1 miles on the treadmill at the gym, burning 375 calories. WHY did I stop at Dominoes after that???)

Yesterday:

B - approx 4 oz deli ham and 1 oz slice of provolone cheese

L - Chicken & Vegetable Lean Cuisine

S - Large juicy plum

D - Philly steak rolls from Dave & Busters (equivalent to 2 large eggrolls with meat & cheese in them), a cherry berry mojito

Morenilla, the restriction on drinking while eating is pretty basic. You chew your food, you swallow it, it fills your much smaller pouch quickly, stimulates the vagus nerve and you feel full. Remember that liquids do not stay in your pouch but pass through quickly. If you drink while you eat or immediately after, you will not only have the liquid pass through quickly but a portion of the well-chewed food along with it. That would in turn mean that you would have to eat more food to feel full, and more food would ultimately sabotage your weight loss. It's a big adjustment. I grew up (and still live) in the South .... where every meal is accompanied by a big glass of iced tea. I had to at first really limit my drinking to just a couple of swallows and finally doing away with that.

oye is all i say -

let me know how you like the PB2 - i have a hard time giving up my jiff:)

yesterday

b- slice of cheddar / apple with JIFF:smile2:

l- small cup chicken noodle Soup

d- bowl of lentil soup

s- FF choc pudding

oye is all i say -

yesterday

b- slice of cheddar / apple with JIFF:smile2:

l- small cup chicken noodle Soup

d- bowl of lentil soup

s- FF choc pudding

you are so funny. I feel like you with certain things. You gotta have 1 guilty pleasure. I refuse to give up cheese. I know by reading your posts, that you cook alot. You should try the "Chow mein" that I made and the tofu falafel

Yesterday

B 1oz of almonds

L. turkey and ham flatbread from subway

D Steak fajita only ate inside

total calories 900

you are so funny. I feel like you with certain things. You gotta have 1 guilty pleasure. I refuse to give up cheese. I know by reading your posts, that you cook alot. You should try the "Chow mein" that I made and the tofu falafel

i do love to cook - but have never tried tofu.

could you please diva post your recp or PM me? i love it when out, but have never tried it out on my own.

the sushi bar DH and i go to frequently rolls cubes of it in a wasabi tempura & frys it....OMG decadent:)

Try muscle milk the regular has 200 calories and the light has 110 (they are both very good). worldwide pure Protein is another one of my favorites, they all come pre-made

I bought one RTD muscle milk today. I bought the powder before, but I wasn't able to get the powder right.

oye is all i say -

I love my jiff too. I will just eat a spoon when I want something sweet. Unfortunately, that happens too often for the amount of calories in it.:bored: I am hoping that I really like the powdered enough to keep buying it.

Today-

B-coffee w/stevia, strawberry yogurt, bacon

S-string cheese

L-McCafe mocha (on liquids after adjustment)

D-warm V-8 juice

Edited by *slim*
forgot to log my food

i do love to cook - but have never tried tofu.

could you please diva post your recp or PM me? i love it when out, but have never tried it out on my own.

the sushi bar DH and i go to frequently rolls cubes of it in a wasabi tempura & frys it....OMG decadent:)

tofu falafel

extra firm tofu (drained)

chopped onion

minced garlic

chili powder

cumin

cilantro

green onion

salt (more than you think, tofu is bland)

pepepr

soy flour

add the drained tofu to a food processor, pulse until the pieces are fine, but not pureed, remove to a bowl), then chop the onion, cilantro, green onion, garlic. add to tofu, season to taste (generously). combine all ingredients, coat with soy flour and fry.

I eat them by themselves, you can always make a light yogurt sauce with them