Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

B-coffee w/splenda, trail mix

l-instant potato Soup, wasa light rye

d-instant potat soup, shrimp cocktail

I am a vegan lap bander 10 months out. I had:

B- vegan Protein Shake w/ soymilk - 26 grams of Protein

L- Amy's tamale verde black bean frozen meal (vegan mexican) - 7 grams of protein

S- banana

D- whole wheat Pasta w/ yellow squash/green Beans & white beans w/ some soymilk & seasonings to make a creamy sauce (lots of garlic) - 20 grams of protein

S- 2 paul newman's dairy free fig newtons - 3 grams of protein

4 glasses of Water & 2 glasses of organic iced black tea

I will probably snack on some air popped popcorn before bed.

Calories - 1200 - 1300

Protein - approx. 55 grams

Fruits & Veggies - 5

Supplements: Multivitamin, Calcium pills, vegan DHA & Omega 3 (flax seed oil & microalge)

Today: (day 1 of 5dpt)

B: mocha latte Protein Shake

the rest is just planned so far:

S: activia light 4oz yogurt

L: 1c. roasted red pepper Soup w/ dollop of ff plain greek yogurt for Protein

S: sf, ff chocolate pudding (if needed)

D: mocha latte protein shake

today

b-cookies and cream muscle milk

l-1/2 cup tuna on wasa

d-1/2 cup clam chowder

exercise--burned 700 calories on the treadmill

Ok I seriously don't know what my problem has been the last 2 days - but I can't stop eating - today it took a whole new level out of control - I think I at least doubled the calories I ususally take in a day. To top it off over the last month - not only have i not lost anything - but I've gained a lb (the lb was before the last 2 days - so I know its more now). That's even with all the exercise - and no I do not subscribe to the whole it's muscle concept!

Basically I really need to just go to bed and stop the caloric intake for this day - but unfortunately this is one of my >24 hr days - and I have just gotten to work.

So needless to say - I need to do something - think I might due the 5 day pouch test starting tomorrow.

Must get out of this funk!

I know I'm new.... but what is the 5 day pouch test thing?, just wondering.

There's very detailed instructions that you can search for both on the site and if you just google it - but basically it's a way to help you retrain you how to use your band more effectively (help you feel restriction again if you have been overeating for example) some people it helps them realize wheteher or not they need a fill (ie: they might think they do because they've been eating too much but once they do the test they realize they're fine)

it basically does 1-2 days of Liquid Protein (protein shakes, Jello, Soups, pudding) then day of soft Protein (eggs, canned fish, etc) then day of firmer protein, non canned soft fish and then last day is firm protein - you basically can eat as much and as often as you want of the selected items but only for 15 minutes at a time.

It also has the added benefit for those people like me that in their overeating have been essentially carb loading - and it helps you kinda fast from the bad carbs (such as many of the slider foods)

Hope this helps!

yesterday....

b - 2 1/2 slices deli roast beef, 2 1/2 slices of baby swiss & lght mayo

l - naked chicken nuggets & small salad w/ranch dressing

d - 1 chicken thigh & creamed spinach

calories - 1125

B-coffee w/splenda, instant potato Soup

s-string cheese w/light rye wasa

l-chicken bites

d-handful cherries, string cheese, .5 c ice cream

I am in carb overload! I don't know what my problem is!

slim - I feel you! still doing the 5dpt but I crashed hard last night with the carb cravings - I was physically sick to my stomach, had a horrible headache - actually got lightheaded and had to leave a pt's room when I went under the heating lights. (never experienced it like this before - think it was worse because my degree of carb intake over the last week was so bad - just a guess)

Tonight: (day 2 of 5dpt)

B: currently enjoying my mocha latte Protein Shake - with an extra shot of esresso :) (notice I am ignoring the recommendation for staying away from caffeine - ya right!)

planned:

S: activia light yogurt

L: black bean Soup w/ shreds of cheddar, purreed

S: sf, ff, chocolate pudding

D: not sure - either same soup or a muscle milk lite shake or cream of wheat w/ pb - have options!

Edited by kcmagu
forgot something

B-coffee w/splenda, instant potato soup

s-string cheese w/light rye wasa

l-chicken bites

d-handful cherries, string cheese, .5 c ice cream

I am in carb overload! I don't know what my problem is!

I am a Pasta lover, the other bad carbs I can do without, but pasta OMG. Since I found the shiritaki noodles and these other really low-carb noodles at whole foods, I've been in 7th heaven.. staying away from the sweets,unless they are low carb and homemade.

today

l- too many ritz crackers with rondele garlic and herb cheese, few turkey pepperoni

d- tofu falafel (2)

Edited by truediva
changed dinner

I have been so bad the last 2 weeks - once I start on the Carb overload that you guys are talking about, I can't quit...so I had a discussion with myself and finally got back into a good frame of mind today.

B - 6 very thin slices of deli turkey (120 cal) and 1 oz. slice of provolone cheese

L - Beef & Broccoli Lean Cuisine (260 cal)

D - 2 glasses of White Zin :) (this was not good)

slim - I feel you! still doing the 5dpt but I crashed hard last night with the carb cravings - I was physically sick to my stomach, had a horrible headache - actually got lightheaded and had to leave a pt's room when I went under the heating lights. (never experienced it like this before - think it was worse because my degree of carb intake over the last week was so bad - just a guess)

Tonight: (day 2 of 5dpt)

B: currently enjoying my mocha latte Protein Shake - with an extra shot of esresso :wink2: (notice I am ignoring the recommendation for staying away from caffeine - ya right!)

planned:

S: activia light yogurt

L: black bean Soup w/ shreds of cheddar, purreed

S: sf, ff, chocolate pudding

D: not sure - either same soup or a muscle milk lite shake or cream of wheat w/ pb - have options!

I think I may try the pouch test to help me with my carb consumption. It is killing me!:)

I am a Pasta lover, the other bad carbs I can do without, but pasta OMG. Since I found the shiritaki noodles and these other really low-carb noodles at whole foods, I've been in 7th heaven.. staying away from the sweets,unless they are low carb and homemade.

today

l- too many ritz crackers with rondele garlic and herb cheese, few turkey pepperoni

d- tofu falafel (2)

I really love pasta too, but haven't had any since my last fill. I am going to have to see if my health food store sells those noodles that you are talking about.

I have been so bad the last 2 weeks - once I start on the Carb overload that you guys are talking about, I can't quit...so I had a discussion with myself and finally got back into a good frame of mind today.

B - 6 very thin slices of deli turkey (120 cal) and 1 oz. slice of provolone cheese

L - Beef & Broccoli Lean Cuisine (260 cal)

D - 2 glasses of White Zin :lol: (this was not good)

Carbs are the devil!:)

Carbs are the devil!:)

yes they are & the pouch test does check that craving.

i swear if it had a P in front of it, i was addicted: pizza, Pasta, potato....

the shiritaki noodles are awesome - so funny this comes up, thats what i have planned for diner tonight...

yesterday -

b- salmon dip w/wheat thins

s - 1 chicken quesidilla

l/d - early diner late lunch: vietnamese bowl - pork, bean sprouts, lettuce, cucumber

s- greek yogurt w/blueberries & granola