Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Sleevers...where are you?

***update*** post op day 6. I'm very fortunate to work in a position where I can work from home. Though my job is rather sedentary, i'm definitely not ready to be at the office. It is currently 4:30am. I was awoken to chest pain and having a hard time breathing. Nothing I'm too concerned about but I got up paced back and fourth in my apartment and I'm using my incentive spirometer. I also took a pain med to reduce any inflammation. I'm sure you're asking why I'm sharing this... Well I want to share that there are a number of things that you may feel afterward. Chest pain and tightness, bloating, swelling, Constipation. The constipation is the worst! Any how they're all bearable but uncomfortable. I considered my self pretty healthy before the surgery. I'm a runner, I have a degree in medical nutrition therapy and I'm a medical professional, so I know what to do. I just have the short end of the genetic stick. Anyhow, I was convinced this was going to be a breeze because I am so healthy. That's not necessarily the case. I'm surprised I'm going through all of these uncomfortable experiences. But it's teaching me a lot. In these forums it seems as though there's really good stories and then really bad stories but rarely in between. I think my experience is in between. I'm definitely experiencing things I didn't expect. Like I said before most are bearable (except the reaction to a medication) but I want you all to keep in mind those little things that might make it uncomfortable. Come up with an action plan should anything go awry. Don't think the worst but be prepared to have some sleepless nights and not so pleasant situations. Either way, you're all going to do great. Just keep your head straight and don't do anything unless your 100% ready to. That goes for your diet to! You're going to feel some strange achy things going on in there. Just stop consuming for a little while and let your banana belly do it's job. That's another thing! You learn you can't be part of the "clean your plate club" sorry folks, they kicked you out haha. Anyway, I won't rant any further. Take care of yourselves, there's an amazing story out there and you're going to write it. Much love to you all!

Sablr3r,

Thank you for posting this. 7 days out today, I was doing extremely well until yesterday!! The constipation and the associated cramps with it was bearable until last night. I stayed on the living room couch not moving an muscle and sweating profusely until the cramps faded. Holy Crap, it hurt!!!! I'm doing all the right things like walking, moving, keeping hydrated, using gas-X etc., but, surgery is surgery and these are things associated with it, I just wasn't expecting it to be this harsh for me. I'm praying to get over this stage quickly!!! jake

Jake, I certainly hope you get to feeling better, it sounds like you had a rough patch too. If you haven't already, be sure to communicate your experience with your surgeon's office. You won't annoy them and they want to know everything. You want to catch any complications before they get worse. Good luck to you and hang in there :-)

Good luck to you, I hope you get your date booked soon. It seems like such a long journey leading up to the surgery.

I live in Ohio, near Dayton. I go in tomorrow for my one week check up post op. I am finally able to get in all my Protein and liquids - so that makes me feel better.

The first 2-3 days I just couldn't get it all in.
So far my post op diet is Primiere Protein shkes and Isopure 2 of each if I can manage it. I am down 14 from the beginning of my liquid diet.< /p>

That's where they get your starting weight so it is just easier to use that weight.

I will be watch for you. stay in touch

the mams

t

My surgery is on May 26 also, can't wait

My surgery date is May 18. One week from today. I'm so ready, and so tired of waiting. I've been in the program since October.

I didn't expect to get so emotional before surgery. I feel like I'm going to be so much better; when I think of all my complaints, they are all tied to my weight: the osteoarthritis in my knees, the social anxiety, the pain in my back, my shoulders, SO MUCH will change. I really feel the "weight" of this life of obesity, and I just want to hide until I'm better. I'm ready to be rid of my pain, both physical and emotional.

It's like over the past month I'm seeing myself as someone who's wearing too much body armor. I've allowed myself to look honestly at where I am, and I'm really ready to leave. 6 more days! I am so ready!

My first time posting so bear with me....Hello, I will be having my surgery on May 26, I will be paying for this myself so got my appointment pretty fast, was excited about getting it done but as the time approaches I am getting nervous. I have my pre-op diet, seems pretty basic except for the soup..lol, not much of a cook but will do anything to get to surgery day. Good luck everyone on your surgery!!

Hello russianprincess520! I'm getting sleeved May 18th, and my birthday is also on May 20th. I'm excited, nervous, and scared! Hope you do well with your surgery on the 26th.

Brenda

Okay, I need to vent a little here, very emotional afternoon for me. I guess I have been truly lucky that my journey so far has been fairly easy and smooth....well....I hit my fuck up (sorry) today...ugh.

I had a class this morning where we went over details, last minute questions etc.....my surgery is Wednesday (13th)...at this class my doc's NP gave us all our scripts for the pain meds for after surgery. Went to fill mine and was told since I see a Pain Management Dr. and I get Morphine from him (along the lines of what we were give, liquid Lortab), I was told by the pharmacy that my PM doc needed to okay me getting it. Called him about it (he is also refusing to change my Morphine to liquid) and he said he would not do that since it deals with a surgery he was not consulted on and knows nothing about (I have talked to him about it and told them it was happening!)...so bottom line, I can't get my post op pain meds!!! During all these calls I am crying like crazy cause I am already in pain from having to stop all my nsaids. Called my surgeons office about this and there is not really anything they can do....so she (the NP) said I can try to take my Morphine as usual since it is a really small pill..so that's where I stand now and I am still crying...and eating something bad of course so add the guilt on top....I know everything will work out somehow...beside the Morphine is so much more than the Lortab, if I can take it....I just needed to vent!

Thank you guys for being here...y'all have been such a help to me since I started here. I'm not nervous about the surgery at all, just anxious...this crap is what makes me nervous...ok, rant done...thanks for reading/listening :) xoxo

I'm 6 days post op & my surgeon just decided to let people take small pills whole. I was a bit dubious but starting day 2 I took them 1 at a time with sips of Water. It worked great and no problems. Hang in there, there is a resolution but this is such an emotional procedure it's hard to calm down. You'll be in my thoughts & prayers.

@@ValerieDee1975, sorry to hear you're going through this. Sometimes doctors can be very annoying. You tell them something and they swear they're listening and they haven't heard a word you've said. I think if you took a trip in to your doctor's office and he sees your face it might jog his memory as to who you are and that you have indeed spoken with him about your plans.

As requested. Here you go ladies and gents. I counted 163 and growing. I will redo in a week or two.

Bvenegas whom started this post, was scheduled in May, but, was rescheduled for June 1, due to technicalities. Bvenegas because you started this great post, you are our main May sleever.

May1

Bubbly_d

Preynusa

Dalysm86

Flairness

May 4

Raquel_c

Jayshann

Mel24

Smile121

Kelley74

Deb1327

Teebaby

Ms. Kay’s New Life

VSGMomma2

Kdawgsmom

Juliaq321

Mremilio

Mamasinator

RealRocknRollaVSG

NoMoBand

Jgbc85

Mspatricia

Chas42

Sabl3r

Nunya-got-sleeved

jfharo

May5

Yamshams

Mrmrshandie

KM1284

Bestisyettocome8

Hthr

Dischord

MassageMini

Shaun_na

Brenda L. Robertson

Kjaydee

Transformed_king

Jade1375

Jenngeb

Msdenean

Hb.mambo

May6

Kelly1223

Joego2014

TreyLu

Marybear1965

Newbeginning77

May 7

Milemorales

KIM10

Fuzzy52

amacox

May8

Murni

Vsgval

Manuela

Moremarilynthenbarbie

tsylvester

May11

Merrill1955

Teecee

Pepeka

Ette16

Bmocareful2

Lisator1975

ToyNy

Knf7111

May12

Dattgirl68

mssugarK

djackson17

Mandat

miks

mallen1895

craigcu

SheSoBain

Classynessa

Simply Annie

May 13

Less of Jess

Katress27

Soon_To_Be_Slim

Sh1211

Amylynn41

Hilary1984

Steph77498

Sharob

ValerieDee1975

Carolscience

Kcmu5411

May14

Dlmadeja27

Mattthew282

Turnaroundtina

Roci708

Kristomoto

Djay210

Missmuffet

Headhunter75422

Mik3sparks

May 15

Sleeved2015

Better-half

Meryam

Layla-

Momof2tx

May 16

Katie K Kitt

May18

Smilingsarahjo

Llynn34

Antigone40

Littleblackdress

Alexkira02

Tnkrrbl

Brenda L. Robertson

Dream125

VivKS

Trudiva

Gemini216

Antigone40

May 19

SamanthaLC

Jeni2u

Cosmogirl2535

Egill0607

Rnyryry

MyNewLife28

tafuller

May20

Mespo

Cjanee

Bubbletoes

Riley09

Phoenix2015

M.E.Flores

Rowebaught

Lily3

May21

Lexiemustang

Martene81

Gracy0721

LindsB

Pops24

journeyforlfeRN

VSG_Hopeful

cfgalan

May22

Cinchgirl50

Crich36108

Debiksmit

May 23

Nickbel

May 25

Lisarb

May 26

JSchool10

Km30381

Tulip3

SassyXray

Sutter Phoenix

Ellieschad

Roberts30

Jordantaylor

Lean15

Copper Top

Russianprincess520

May27

MamaBiv

Omgitzmichy

Lizbead

Paulisha

Tulalulu

Shadoegrounds

Omgitzmichy

trendsetta

May28

_nelly_

cheektowagasleever

May29

SeahawksGirl

FitFor40

My surgery is May 20th in Puerto Vallarta with Dr Joya. Nervous as hell but excited too!! :wacko::blush:

I am trying to figure out what my ideal goal weight after surgery should be. I felt the most comfortable around 140lbs, but am not too sure how to figure that out. I am 5'7", and currently 238lb.

I received my approval today and I'm so excited! It seems like this has been a lifetime of waiting rather 90 days. I've been through a roller coaster of emotions since Thursday as my insurance initially denied me but today we received the approval for May 27th. ????????????

Hello everyone- I am here in Ohio, just outside Dayton. I am one week post op and feeling great. I have been on full liquids for 10 days before and since my surgery.

The first few days I had trouble getting all my liquids and Protein in. I fell short of the 80 & 64. I could only sip a little bit.

Now I am already able to drink it all and feeling good. No pain med excet the first 2 days. I am getting more energy back.

The surgery itself was not bad and I walked quiet a few times the first day. I went in on Monday and home on Wednesday.

So far I am on Isopur for Protein Shakes. I see the doc tomorrow and I'd be lying if I didnt I hope he advances my diet to the next level.

Hope things go smoothly for all of you and we will stay in touch.

the mams