Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Sleevers...where are you?

Just found out insurance approved so I can officially join this group without fear of jinxing myself. I will be sleeved on May 18th in just 4 days. Now I can start to freak out about actually having surgery.

Wow, May Sleevers still growing. Here is an updated list. 187 strong!

Bvenegas whom started this post, was scheduled in May, but, will be JUNE 1. Bvenegas you are still our main May sleever.

May1

Bubbly_d

Preynusa

Dalysm86

Flairness

May 4

Raquel_c

Jayshann

Mel24

Smile121

Kelley74

Deb1327

Teebaby

Ms. Kay’s New Life

VSGMomma2

Kdawgsmom

Juliaq321

Mremilio

Mamasinator

RealRocknRollaVSG

NoMoBand

Jgbc85

Mspatricia

Chas42

Sabl3r

Nunya-got-sleeved

jfharo

May5

Yamshams

Mrmrshandie

KM1284

Bestisyettocome8

Hthr

Dischord

MassageMini

Shaun_na

Kjaydee

Transformed_king

Jade1375

Jenngeb

Msdenean

Hb.mambo

May6

Kelly1223

Joego2014

TreyLu

Marybear1965

Newbeginning77

May 7

Milemorales

KIM10

Fuzzy52

amacox

May8

Murni

Vsgval

Manuela

Moremarilynthenbarbie

tsylvester

May11

Merrill1955

Teecee

Pepeka

Ette16

Bmocareful2

Lisator1975

ToyNy

Knf7111

May12

Dattgirl68

mssugarK

djackson17

Mandat

miks

mallen1895

craigcu

SheSoBain

Classynessa

Simply Annie

May 13

Less of Jess

Katress27

Soon_To_Be_Slim

Sh1211

Amylynn41

Hilary1984

Steph77498

Sharob

ValerieDee1975

Carolscience

Kcmu5411

Angelinacuellar

Shark23 (band removal, sleeve postponed)

May14

Dlmadeja27

Mattthew282

Turnaroundtina

Roci708

Kristomoto

Djay210

Missmuffet

Headhunter75422

Mik3sparks

Missaunterika

May 15

Sleeved2015

Better-half

Meryam

Layla-

Momof2tx

Bigsalty53

May 16

Katie K Kitt

May18

Smilingsarahjo

Llynn34

Antigone40

Littleblackdress

Alexkira02

Tnkrrbl

Brenda L. Robertson

Dream125

VivKS

Trudiva

Gemini216

Antigone40

Smcobos2

Sndholmes

MrBroussard

twittymilk

May 19

SamanthaLC

Jeni2u

Cosmogirl2535

Egill0607

Rnyryry

MyNewLife28

Tafuller

Momofboys2

May20

Mespo

Cjanee

Bubbletoes

Riley09

Phoenix2015

M.E.Flores

Rowebaught

Lily3

jadyn

May21

Lexiemustang

Martene81

Gracy0721

LindsB

Pops24

journeyforlfeRN

VSG_Hopeful

cfgalan

May22

Cinchgirl50

Crich36108

Debiksmit

Angie6223

May 23

Nickbel

May 25

Lisarb

May 26

JSchool10

Km30381

Tulip3

SassyXray

Sutter Phoenix

Ellieschad

Roberts30

Jordantaylor

Lean15

Copper Top

Russianprincess520

SassyXray

May27

MamaBiv

Omgitzmichy

Lizbead

Paulisha

Tulalulu

Shadoegrounds

Omgitzmichy

Trendsetta

Inittowinit130

Ace15

May28

_nelly_

Cheektowagasleever

Lexiemia

Rhondaalana

Anikka

Lexiemia

Nrg33

May29

SeahawksGirl

FitFor40

One day post off...decaffeinated coffee allowed?

Only if doc has released you for Clear Liquids. My doc allowed regular coffee with no Creamer and sweet-n-low, but, only half cup. I would check with your doc because they are all different, but, good news is there is a good possibility. jake

bestisyettocome859, on 13 May 2015 - 14:47, said:snapback.png

May 5th & 1 wk postop. My brother died the morning of my surgery and we have had to fly Dallas yesterday to arrange for his burial. Trying to keep sipping and taking rest breaks .

I am so sorry and know how hard it is. My brother died 11 days before my surgery and to top things off on my birthday. This was difficult for me to proceed with the surgery, but, I'm so glad I did. I'm sure my brother would have wanted me to. jake

Edited by NoMoBand

Hello everyone! I am back, on the other side! Home the day after my surgery! Ok, here was my experience!

Got to the hospital just before 7am yesterday, checked in, didn't have to wait long until I was taken back to be prepped, final weight before was 340.6...on a side note, my highest was 383, so I lost 43 on my own before surgery (taking a bow now :) )

Got prepped, undressed and covered in paper lol Wheeled in, was kind of hyper for that early...at least for me, I am not a morning person. Got to the OR, moved over to the table, strapped in, they put an oxygen mask on me and I remember nothing after that! TG :)

Woke up in recovery, really dopey...apparently I had asked to pee but didn't really do anything, don't remember that lol....I remember the nurse kept hollering at me to take deep breathes as I was fading in a out of nappy time :) Took a while for my room to be ready, but finally got there about 5 pm....they were all shocked that I could get myself onto the bed on my own....I was feeling great if a little sleepy. Felt great all night, dozing in and out, reading, watching a movie or tv...so happy to get to sip Water and ice chips...best stuff ever!! lol Finally peed...A LOT! but it felt great, was able to go to the bathroom on my own and wipe myself (wasn't sure about that part!)

This morning, woke up about 6 am (of course they kept coming in to check vitals and what not) so I was reading a lot...very little pain, but then I had my morphine pump :D was upgraded to full liquids so that chicken broth was FABULOUS and the Jello was TO DIE FOR! lol, felt myself get jsut full enough and knew when to stop...however at lunch I had a little too much and felt it. The Gas x strips someone recommended did really help, but I still wasn't feeling that horrible gas everyone described...just sore.

They took away my pump :( but still not too bad...was released and got home about 3ish pm. Got my puppy loving in, was waking her, feeling good...got super tired around 5 so I took a nap...overslept my clock a little and upon waking..yep, feel like I have been in a car wreck! Gas is in residence and not much is helping, back, shoulders, chest, belly..ugh! took my evening meds (liquid) and one was so nasty that even hours later it has a bad taste in my mouth and making me cough....that HURTS! My advice, keep a pillow nearby, hold it to you when you cough, it helps some.

So, that's were I am now...not regretting anything...I know there is a painful period in becoming the butterfly I can be and this is it...it will get better!

Thanks for the support and energies! They really helped! and Good luck to all those waiting. My overall experience has been much better than I was expecting...so try to relax and go with the flow :) xoxo

Thank you so much for posting! I have my surgery on Monday the 18th :-D you definitely helped ease my nerves!

Wow, May Sleevers still growing. Here is an updated list. 187 strong!

Bvenegas whom started this post, was scheduled in May, but, will be JUNE 1. Bvenegas you are still our main May sleever.

May1

Bubbly_d

Preynusa

Dalysm86

Flairness

May 4

Raquel_c

Jayshann

Mel24

Smile121

Kelley74

Deb1327

Teebaby

Ms. Kay’s New Life

VSGMomma2

Kdawgsmom

Juliaq321

Mremilio

Mamasinator

RealRocknRollaVSG

NoMoBand

Jgbc85

Mspatricia

Chas42

Sabl3r

Nunya-got-sleeved

jfharo

May5

Yamshams

Mrmrshandie

KM1284

Bestisyettocome8

Hthr

Dischord

MassageMini

Shaun_na

Kjaydee

Transformed_king

Jade1375

Jenngeb

Msdenean

Hb.mambo

May6

Kelly1223

Joego2014

TreyLu

Marybear1965

Newbeginning77

May 7

Milemorales

KIM10

Fuzzy52

amacox

May8

Murni

Vsgval

Manuela

Moremarilynthenbarbie

tsylvester

May11

Merrill1955

Teecee

Pepeka

Ette16

Bmocareful2

Lisator1975

ToyNy

Knf7111

May12

Dattgirl68

mssugarK

djackson17

Mandat

miks

mallen1895

craigcu

SheSoBain

Classynessa

Simply Annie

May 13

Less of Jess

Katress27

Soon_To_Be_Slim

Sh1211

Amylynn41

Hilary1984

Steph77498

Sharob

ValerieDee1975

Carolscience

Kcmu5411

Angelinacuellar

Shark23 (band removal, sleeve postponed)

May14

Dlmadeja27

Mattthew282

Turnaroundtina

Roci708

Kristomoto

Djay210

Missmuffet

Headhunter75422

Mik3sparks

Missaunterika

May 15

Sleeved2015

Better-half

Meryam

Layla-

Momof2tx

Bigsalty53

May 16

Katie K Kitt

May18

Smilingsarahjo

Llynn34

Antigone40

Littleblackdress

Alexkira02

Tnkrrbl

Brenda L. Robertson

Dream125

VivKS

Trudiva

Gemini216

Antigone40

Smcobos2

Sndholmes

MrBroussard

twittymilk

May 19

SamanthaLC

Jeni2u

Cosmogirl2535

Egill0607

Rnyryry

MyNewLife28

Tafuller

Momofboys2

May20

Mespo

Cjanee

Bubbletoes

Riley09

Phoenix2015

M.E.Flores

Rowebaught

Lily3

jadyn

May21

Lexiemustang

Martene81

Gracy0721

LindsB

Pops24

journeyforlfeRN

VSG_Hopeful

cfgalan

May22

Cinchgirl50

Crich36108

Debiksmit

Angie6223

May 23

Nickbel

May 25

Lisarb

May 26

JSchool10

Km30381

Tulip3

SassyXray

Sutter Phoenix

Ellieschad

Roberts30

Jordantaylor

Lean15

Copper Top

Russianprincess520

SassyXray

May27

MamaBiv

Omgitzmichy

Lizbead

Paulisha

Tulalulu

Shadoegrounds

Omgitzmichy

Trendsetta

Inittowinit130

Ace15

May28

_nelly_

Cheektowagasleever

Lexiemia

Rhondaalana

Anikka

Lexiemia

Nrg33

May29

SeahawksGirl

FitFor40

May 11th herr

187 people in ONE MONTH. Anyone else think that's a lot?

I'm scheduled for the 19th now, did not make the 12th.. Getting close..

Anyone in Seattle going to Puget sound bariatrics for the sleeve? Let me know

Edited by craigcu

My surgery date is May 26th. I'm starting the 3rd phase of dieting. Had 30 days liver shrinking and 10 days of semi-solid. Now I'm on 5 days if liquid diet #1 and then the final 5 days of liquid Diet #2. I'm so ready for this! I'm having mine done in Tijuana as my insurance doesn't cover any bariatric surgery. Just had my preop clearance from my PCP so everything is a go....now the countdown begins!????????????. Good luck all May sleevers and future ones as well!!!!!

I forgot to add my doctor in Tijuana is Dr. Carmelo Ramos. I am a nurse too. My daughter had her sleeve 2/25/14 in Tijuana with Dr. Cortez and it went very well. That is why I am going there for mine. Most of the nurses and the doctors and PA's speak English so this year my friend is going to support me and wait with my daughter. We had a great time....the people are so kind and courteous!!!! My email is michellemartin61@hotmail.com to join FB.

I just got my call from the hospital, to get prepped for surgery next Fri (5/22). Yesterday was pre-op check with doc and labs. It's really real! I got my surgery time (1130am), so at least I don't have to be at the hospital at the crack of dawn (I'm over an hour away).

liquid diet is going ok so far (day 7). I've lost a couple of pounds. One thing I'm worried about is how soon I have to exercise. I need to get some weight off first so I can walk without pain.

My mom is taking me and I am going home with her since I live alone. Is there anyone in Maryland getting sleeved?

Wish me luck - I'm getting a bit nervous!

May 28 here!

I am May 28th also.