Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Sleevers...where are you?

Hello Everyone!

How much weight have you lost? 63, starting weight 242, down to 179

Likes, dislikes of being sleeved? Acid reflux

Complications? Not as much

Regrets? Not anymore

Edited by Ms. Kay's New Life

Hi all, no complaints but not thrilled about Hair loss. So far I've lost 78 lb, started at size 22 now I'm 16. Weight loss has slowed down but still great. Close to hitting my first goal of 199.

I had my gastric sleeve on May 15th, a Friday. I have lost 74 pounds since surgery, and 84 down from my highest weight.

The surgery went well; I also had my gall bladder removed at the same time since I had previously been diagnosed as having many gall stones. I had terrible problems with nausea in the hospital; I stayed for 2 nights. Once I got home, I also had problems with nausea but started taking the Zofran prescription the doctor had given me and I am OK since then.

I progressed through all the "stages" since the surgery fairly well; although it has always been a problem getting in enough Protein. Every day, I tell myself that I'm going to do better on that, and also not "forget" to take my Vitamins, which I don't like taking, primarily because they either taste terrible or the pills are just too darn big, and I have real trouble swallowing them.

I am glad to be losing weight and I have started giving away a lot of my closet, because I don't anticipate ever going back to 3X.

I will say though, that I just don't have much enjoyment anymore in eating food, or going out to eat either. I guess that's one of the purposes of this surgery....to get you to realign your life so that it doesn't revolve around eating all the time. My stomach just doesn't feel very good on some of the things I try to eat, although it's just a feeling, not resulting in anything coming up.

So, everything is GOOD so far; I think I will be more enthusiastic about everything when I get further down the road. Some of the time now, I still wish that I had been able to lose the weight without having to go through surgery and everything afterwards. But I have to be realistic and know that I wasn't able to lose it in that manner, so that is why I turned to WLS.

Hope all of us May sleevers are doing well, and feeling positive and good about the decisions that we have made.

You all are doing awesome with the weight loss. Some small bumps on the road, but, looks like you are all well and pleased. Roberts30, so sorry you went through so much. You've also done well with weight loss. Good for you. You only have brighter days ahead of you now.

Keep the updates coming, they are really encouraging. jake

Hey guys! I'm so proud of everyone's progress! I'm *technically* a June sleever (6/1/15) but started the terrible 2 week liquid preop diet in May, so I subscribed to this thread back then. I started at 235 and now I'm down to 157, for a total loss of 78lbs!

I did have some complications; most notably esophageal spasms which required me to be rehospitalized. But since then, I had some bouts with nausea and extreme Constipation. These issues have dissipated over the last month or so, and I couldn't be happier that I made this change when I did.

As far as likes and dislikes- likes definitely have to be the ability to be physically active and see results. I feel much more confident in social situations and love being able to keep up with my fitness-minded friends. Dislikes would have to be learning to navigate social situations that include food or alcohol, the expense of having to buy all new clothes (especially knowing that in a month or so they won't fit anymore,) and frustration with myself that I didn't fully realize how difficult this journey would be. (I had a hard time mentally for the first few months thinking that I took "the easy way out," but this has been, by far, the most difficult lifestyle change I could ever imagine and I've been able to come to terms with that.)

Congratulations everyone on your progress!

Hi All, I was sleeved May 19. Minor complications the week of surgery with dehydration and black stool, but resolved with another trip to hospital and haven't been back since. I'm down 66 lbs from surgery date and 86 lbs from program start date (feb 15). Dropped 5 pant sizes, 3 shirt sizes and no longer diabetic or hypertensive. I completed the Couch to 5k training app on my 48th birthday (oct 4) and ran my first full 5k that day. I haven't run that far/that long since 1988 when I was in the marines. It wasn't fast mind you.. but it was all running.

I still have ~85 lbs to goal (but I just hit the halfway point, so major victory there!!). I'm signed up for two 5k races (biggest loser 5k this weekend) and rock N Roll 5k in vegas in novemeber. I don't like to run, but these are small goals that keep me working out.

Yes, food and going out do not hold that same appeal to me either. Its more chore than you would think because I just don't enjoy food like I used to. But I'm ok with that because my kids are becoming more active because I am more active. we look for active activities to do instead of movies, etc. We took our first hikes up here in the northwest, bike rides, etc.

I actually eat 5 - 6 meals a day, targeting 1500 calories, and 90+ grams of Protein. I've stopped the muscle loss and added 7 lbs of muscle my third and fourth month post op (I lost 21 lbs of muscle first two months Post op). Monitoring the muscle loss and growth has become very important and delivers many NSV's. If your not watching those numbers, you should be.

I miss my Vitamins sometimes, I don't get all my Protein in sometimes, I have the occasional carb splurge (usually feel like crap after it), etc. But I don't beat myself up about it either. Working out is still a chore, so nothings gotten easier, I think I am mentally just less resistant to it any more because I have seen the changes to my body and my attitude, and thats worth a lot. No seatbelt extensions needed when flying, can fit into a booth at a restaurant without a struggle.

I wish I had done this 5 - 10 years ago, but we all have to come to this decision point when we can.

I'm going to great wolf lodge with my kids this halloween weekend and while I'll still be self conscious about taking my shirt off in the Water park, I know I won't tip over the raft my kids are in, I know I won't have to worry about the chair in the pool areas breaking beneath me and I know I am doing something about my weight, which many around me can't say. Whenever I see other really obese people around me, its like I wish I hard a card or something to hand them to try and get them to see what could be possible for them. I know thats a crazy thought, but having been on that other side, I wish everyone who had our struggles..

Best to everyone and good luck in hitting your goals...