Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Sleevers...where are you?

Go to my two week post op today... hoping to get cleared for pureed foods!!!! I cannot wait!!!!

Good luck! Hope it all goes well!

4 days post op but I don't feel hungry. I eat and drink because I have to but I don't have the same hunger feelings as before. Does anyone feel the same, or is anyone getting hungry after sleeve?

@@bvenegas I feel the same way. Haven't felt hungry since surgery and I'm a week and a half post-op. Hope I didn't just jinx that!

Yea.... I love it! I can watch TV and see food and restaurant commercials and my mouth doesn't Water. This is amazing!

Am I the only one having cramping pains when I try to drink liquids? I'm 1 and a half weeks post op and this marks the third time I've needed to be hospitalized over dehydration because it hurts to drink. Help!

Are you drinking too much? I could only swallow a teaspoon in the beginning but now more of a tablespoon

I drink baby sips. It takes all day! I don't have hunger either. food commercials don't bother me either. I can only get down like half an egg at this point.

Hello May Sleevers! I had my 2 week check up today, one from family doctor showed I lost a total of 37lbs! When I wait to Barix later in the afternoon I was down 31 lbs! I will stil with the Barix and go by that but I am so excited and feeling good. I get to start on soft foods Tuesday.

4 days post op but I don't feel hungry. I eat and drink because I have to but I don't have the same hunger feelings as before. Does anyone feel the same, or is anyone getting hungry after sleeve?

I hear you...I am about 3 weeks post op (feels like longer) and still not feeling any real hunger...lots of head hunger...so much stuff smells and sounds good.....but I have thrown up once and I definitely DO NOT want to do that again :) I a tad ahead of the game, adding in a few things here and there and most I have no problems...grits are a no go (those are what I threw up)...the most amazing thing I have found that goes down really well is Taco Bell's pintos and cheese! I know...not supposed to have spicy, but I have no problems with it or the cheese, plus it's 11 grams of Protein :)

ok, sorry, got off topic kind of.....yes the head hunger will come back, but I have found it is much easier now to stop myself from actually going for it, where before I could justify just about anything to myself...don't do that now :) A bit of a paradigm shift for me :)...it gets easier and better....just go with what YOUR body is telling you and you will be fine :)

Good luck!

I had some Tomato Soup, didn't know it was spicy when I bought it. I was able to tolerate it just fine. I'm one week post-op and on full liquids. I find that yogurt sits harder in my tummy than other things.

I'm definitely dealing with head hunger, but my sleeve has no problem in letting me know it's too much.

I had broth from Chinese Soup the other day and it was the first time I felt over full. I had about 6-8oz total but felt like I'd had a 6 course meal.

I had my sleeve on the 26th. I have tried pintos mushed up. Can only do abt 2 oz with a little cheese. Stuffed! Can hold abt half a scrambled egg. Have not been able to get the amt of Protein in, but am getting a little closer. Not hungry either. We have to take advantage of the no hunger period and get off as much as we can my doc says. I am amazed!

Am I the only one having cramping pains when I try to drink liquids? I'm 1 and a half weeks post op and this marks the third time I've needed to be hospitalized over dehydration because it hurts to drink. Help!

I had that as well (5 days post op.) Ended up being esophageal spasms and my Dr prescribed levsin and gas x to alleviate it. It seems to be working well so far.

I had my surgery on May 19th 2015, so I'm a little over 2 weeks post-op. At my 2 week appointment, I was down 34 lbs, now it's 37 lbs down. I'm approaching week 3 and I keep hearing about the 3 week stall. If it happens, oh well, at least I know it's only temporary. I'm going to keep on doing what I've been doing to drop the initial weight, pick up the exercise and push through the stall (if it even happens) like a champ. 93 lbs to go to hit my goal! I can't wait to fit in to some of my old clothes!

I'm on day 6 post and today between meals or when I'm not eating I get a wave of pressure,almost like I'm full. It just last for 2-3seconds just like when I'm full. This morning the pressure got me out of bed. This just started today. Anyone have anything similar?

I'm on day 6 post and today between meals or when I'm not eating I get a wave of pressure,almost like I'm full. It just last for 2-3seconds just like when I'm full. This morning the pressure got me out of bed. This just started today. Anyone have anything similar?

I get waves of pressure that makes me feel like I can't or drink anything. It also only lasts a few seconds and starts when I put something in my mouth. I told my Dr about it since I've been experiencing this since day post op, I'm now day 11. He says it could be gas or your body making adjustments to the new stomach.