Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Sleevers...where are you?

May 8th. First follow up appointment tomorrow. Doing very well, pain at large incision almost all gone, walking 4-5 miles per day

I will be sleeved on May 28th!!!

I'm getting ready to leave the hospital. I was sleeved yesterday morning. Thank goodness for morphine pump! I woke up today feeling great. I walked around the hospital every 2 hours. I tried to eat some chicken broth from the hospital and I couldn't take the whole bowl. Just had 3 spoons and a little medicine cup of Water. I was full!! This is going to work. I'm so excited for the future :-)

I had the sleeve done last week, 5/13 by Dr Sherwinter in Brooklyn NY. I am feeling well, some mild soreness but nothing I can't tolerate. I have been drinking the Protein shakes and have no feelings of hunger. so excited to begin this year of ME! Good luck everyone

Day 2 of my all liquid only preop. Craving food but I'm handling it well. Sick of Bari artic advantage shakes, I prefer cosco premier shakes 100%.

I have a question. Does your stomach feel tight and in knots whenever you drink something? Help me! I feel like I'm not getting enough Water

I have a question. Does your stomach feel tight and in knots whenever you drink something? Help me! I feel like I'm not getting enough Water

Yes and it gets better every day! 5days posr op and knots are gone.

All done now. Am sleeved:-) had an allergic reaction to anaesthetic so a rough night but onwards and upwards. Haven't managed any Water yet but looking forward to getting better day by day

...and we're off to the hospital!!!!...

Had my surgery one week ago today. I've always knows I'm sensitive to anesthesia and pain-meds (both make me nauseous), so I spent the first 24 hours after surgery vomitting up blood. It was horrible because of all the stomach muscle contractions that are involved in vomiting. I told them to remove my pain medicine IV, because the pain of throwing up was way worse than the pain of the surgery incisions. I've just taken Tylenol since surgery. Today is the first day I could sit up using my stomach muscles instead of relying on my arms to push me up, which is awesome. My bruising is pretty much gone and I feel good. Down 10 pounds. Eating has been weird. Sometimes, even if it's the very first thing I've had to eat all day, after one bite (of say yogurt or milk) my stomach sends me a pain-like signal that it's extremely full. But other times I can eat half container of yogurt and be fine. It seems like all my stomach receptors are confused and out of wack. I'm sure that will become more normal over time. Another thing I've experienced a lot is bloating, gas, a feeling of air-type pressure in my chest, and burping. The doctor says it's pretty common and that sometimes people develop a bit of lactose-intolerance due to all the dairy. I eat Gax-ex chewables several times a day and it never seems to go away. Yesterday I tried some ground turkey in hopes that could start swapping out meat for all this dairy I've been consuming, and surprisingly I tolerated the turkey just fine. Even better than yogurt it seems, so I'm going to start incorporating that. I haven't been exercising enough, just walking around the house, grocery store, etc. I tried a couple days after surgery but got tired very fast. I think today could be the first day I'm able to go for a real walk. The person who posted they are walking 4-5 miles day was a real kick in the butt for me, so thanks for the motivation. I've been good about staying hydrated until yesterday, I knew I hadn't had much Water and I was SOOO tired. So I won't be letting that happen again. Because I'm not able to eat 3 whole meals a day right now, I feel like I'm eating/drinking all the time to compensate, which makes me feel like I'm not going to loose weight. That and I'm super bloated so I feel huge. I know that's in my head, but I'm looking forward to things getting more normal and the pounds to start coming off with some consistency.

Finally got approved, I was prescheduled for June 1. Now it's confirmed. I was starting to feel like this process wasn't going to happen for me. Thank God!

Finally got approved, I was prescheduled for June 1. Now it's confirmed. I was starting to feel like this process wasn't going to happen for me. Thank God!

The wait will be well worth it! Congratulations! How's the pre-op diet going for you? The pre-op diet is the most difficult of the whole process, IMO. Succeed with the diet and the rest is cake - Well almost. Good luck bvenegas. jake

Ok, so today is the big day, surgery with Dr. Brebbia this morning at 1130! Scared, nervous, and excited - wish me luck!

On a side note - nervous because I have had terrible post nasal drip from the pollen and I have started coughing. But I am worried they'll turn me away. I did call them to check and I don't have a fever, but still worried.