Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to wear in hospital? What feels best?

I'm not sure if i want to wear loose clothing, or a shapper?

Do I want to be free from clothing contact or a little bit fitted to support my "bowl full of jelly" belly.

Do I want to be free moving or a little bound?

Do I want to wear a little sleeper bra or no bra?

I've heard people say they felt better with a pregnancy belt on.

What did you prefer to wear the first few days after surgery?

In the hospital it's just their gown. I brought a robe but never needed it.

I had a pressure bandage after surgery (provided by hospital) and I wore a hospital gown since I had IVs to maneuver, I received abdominal heparin shots a couple time each day and I didn't feel motivated to try and wear my own PJs.

I let it all hang out and wore the loosest clothes I had so that nothing would touch my incisions. In the hospital I wore double hospital gowns since I was on IVs.

I wore the hospital gown and definitely no bra because one of my incisions was right on my bra line. Just think "comfy" for a week or so after surgery.

Good luck!

Summer

Loose slacks and top. i bought change of knickers and bra…i lived in the Hospital gowns….Good luck!!

I'd agree with the others that loose would be best for the first few days/weeks post op. The rubbing/contact with clothing on incisions wouldn't be the best feeling. Also, in the hospital just wear the gown. It's standard issue because they will need to check and get to things easily. After your surgery you can ask for a second one to wear like a robe so you're not on display in the back. Best of luck!!

While I was in the hospital, just their gowns. I wore an extra one facing backwards when I left my room to walk, to avoid accidentally flashing people.

For the drive home and several days after, I stuck with loose, empire waist dresses and soft cotton "leisure" bras (no underwire!) that fasten in front. It depends on your surgeon's technique but it's very possible you end up with an incision right at the bra line and that HURTS with anything like an underwire.

I wore a big pajama top, a pair of big (but snug around the waist so they don't fall down) capris, and a cotton sports bra. I knew I wouldn't be comfortable in just a hospital gown because I was afraid I would be drugged and end up flashing people. So the soft pajama capris made sure no one got any accidental naked images, the pajama top was just more comfortable than the hospital gown, and the sports bra was because they like you to walk around a lot and I knew I wouldn't be comfortable walking up and down the hallway if my boobs were flopping all over the place. A comfortable sports bra shouldn't rub your incision too much. I also brought fuzzy socks with grippies- my version was way more comfortable than theirs. Ultimately, I had a robe, changes of clothing, and a bunch of other stuff, but in the end I changed into my pajamas a few hours after surgery and didn't put anything new on until I got home 3 days later.

Hello. Don't pack a lot. I wore the gowns as well. I had IV lines and a bunch of monitors and those leg things that massage your legs so you don't get clots. I skipped the bra.....couldn't wear one for about a week after....even the sports type bras. I took a loose pair of jammie pants and only wore them to walk the halls and to ride home in.

The only thing I used out of my packed bag was the biotine mouth spray. Driest mouth on earth and this stuff was a lifesaver!!

I packed my nook and a couple changes of clothes, my makeup and hair stuff.....waste of time.

You might take your own pillow. The hospital ones were thin and it was very uncomfortable.

I wore lose silky PJs and had a nice fluffy robe and slippers, I also requested a binder for my stomach which was amazing for me....I'm all about comfort!

The best thing I brought were slippers that I could walk in. You will be asked (and will want to) walk the halls after sugary to help with the gas pains. I hate tight socks on my ankles and sleeping in socks so my slippers came in soo handy!

Loose pj pants and top. I wore that home and didn't have to change.

I wore the gown the whole time and I did get them to bring me a compression belt to support my abdomen. I only wore it the first 24 hours and after that I felt better without it.