Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Impatiently waiting...June sleevers?

I am scheduled for June 12th! I know I need this but I am so scared!! I keep having doubts. I know I need it and have to do it. One minute I'll be excited for the future then the next minute I think I'm crazy for doing this! Is this normal? Do you other June sleevers feel this way?

By the way, this is my first post :) I am a 38 year old mother of three, and have been overweight since I was 9! My parents have weight related health issues and I don't want that for my future. That's why I need this and am choosing this![/quote

I am June 12 th also! I am so happy to find a buddy! I am having surgery with Dr. Rodriguez in Juarez. Where r u having surgery?

I'm having mine done at the hospital I work at in Rowlett tx. I'm nervous too and didn't get a warm response from my mother. My bmi is 38 but I have sleep apnea and I am prediabetic.

I'm having mine done at the hospital I work at in Rowlett tx. I'm nervous too and didn't get a warm response from my mother. My bmi is 38 but I have sleep apnea and I am prediabetic.

Hey, don't worry about the response from your mother, I am sure see will come around when she sees how happy and healthy you are becoming. I feel like it would be common for family to not understand, some of my family members didn't exactly get why I want WLS. My brother said "your not even obese!". My bmi is 44 so yea, I am obese! Anyway, if you want this, and thought about all the risks and benefits, then go for it!!!!❗️????

I've just told her I changed my mind. She is a little bit better. Although I haven't. I am a nurse and I have been thinking about doing something about my weight for a long time. I have just finally gotten the courage to ask.

I've just told her I changed my mind. She is a little bit better. Although I haven't. I am a nurse and I have been thinking about doing something about my weight for a long time. I have just finally gotten the courage to ask.

You will do great. Plus, I saw a YouTube video from a surgeon talking about the wonderful results that "lower" BMI (35-38) patients have with surgery. I think you will be really happy. Also, being a nurse is hard work, I am sure losing the weight will make running around a hospital and being on your feet all day much easier. Trust me I understand how some family don't really get the whole WLS surgery concept. I am only 28 so I hear a lot of "just exercise". We all know if that worked I wouldn't be doing this. Bottom line is you have to do what's right for you. Yea it's always better to have the support of your family, but sometimes that won't happen; and that's true for any decision's we make in life. Just go for it, you will do great!!!!!!

I will be 40 in July and I am getting nervous about my health. I have tried ww and dieting and it doesn't work.

It seems to me that you have thought a lot about this and you should go for it. I know the common theme here is that people wished they didn't wait so long. Don't wait another year if this is what you want.

My surgery is June-22.

I'm nervous but excited at the prospect of some day weighing less than I did when I graduated high school 30 years ago.

I've still got some weight to lose before surgery. Currently on a high Protein, low carb diet and putting a lot of miles on my treadmill.

Going through my insurance required six month supervised diet. Very anxious for time to pass to get my surgery. I finish in May, so am optimistically looking at June for surgery. Anyone else around my stage? Isn't the wait killing you????

i am scheduled for June 10th. Going to Mexico.

If all goes as planned, I should be having my surgery June 30th with Dr Tersigni and Bay Bariatrics! I'm so nervous, but excited too!

Going through my insurance required six month supervised diet. Very anxious for time to pass to get my surgery. I finish in May, so am optimistically looking at June for surgery. Anyone else around my stage? Isn't the wait killing you????

i am scheduled for June 10th. Going to Mexico.

Who's your doctor?

Good Morning Sleevers,

I had my presurgical seminar last night and I am mixed ball of emotions! But more than anything I am excited. I am not very excited about having a catheter. :( I guess my surgeon caths everyone. Oh well, I will survive.

I feel like because I have done so much research, I didn't learn anything earth shattering, but I got a lot of my quetions answered. What shocked me was some of the other people in my seminar and the little research they had done! Wow! Anyways, I go in for the rest of my pre-op tests in two weeks and hopefully everything will be good to go for June 15th! Hope everyone else is progressing well!

@@hopefulmom76 where are you getting your surgery done at? Mine is in Tijuana at the JLPrado surgery center. In going thru Long Term VSG. :) on June 12!!

@@haleylhs I have one more appt to go! I have all my other boxes checked, so hoping for a quick turnaround for approval and an early surgery date.

Try not to stress it won't help anything. I know it's much easier said than done...so I'm talking to myself too! Are you seeing a nutritionist? What are they telling you?