Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@HealthArtLove,

It's hard to explain. I feel that, now that I am at the last phase of the new eating I'm trying foods out. Like, crackers, Peanut Butter, deli meat things that I shouldn't have an abundance of. My food of choice prior to surgery was Peanut Butter. Like, 2lb jars in two days. My go to food when I was on the verge of snapping emotionally. So, I tried it, and now I am always wanting it. I honestly feel like I've relapsed. I've been sober for 7 years so yes, I know what it feels like.

I also drink a lot of Water. Almost guzzle it.

I read people can barely eat anything at this point with out having some nausea and or vomiting.

I'm depressed because I feel I have failed already :( failed myself.

I do have support groups at the hospital where I was operated on, but they are scheduled when I am working (3-11)

I was sleeved dec 2 and am down 63 lbs.

I was given the go ahead to eat and consistently now. Fruits and veggies!

I am struggling Though. Nothing bothers my sleeve, not one dang thing! I wish something did. I eat apples with the skin. Sweet potatoes with skin. No pains or anything. It's good , but bad ya know? I ate Peanut Butter for the first time and wanted it to not agree with me, but it did :(

I am really in a not so good spot right now, it's not even 3 months :(

Depression, I'm sure of it

Tfarr, I'm in the same boat. Nothing bothers me either. I'm on a business trip and I decided to try a few fries (fried anything is my weakness). I was able to eat a hell of a lot more than I could have imaged. Decided to find a support group asap.

Have you tried Meet up? They list bariatric support groups by zip code. I found a more convenient group then the one at my surgeons office (which is an hour from me). Maybe you can find a group that meets at a time that is better for you.

I was given the best advice from a friend the other day. She reminded me that I need to learn to eat for life, just not for weight loss. There will always be temptations and some days will be better than others. But I can start each day with the best intentions, even if I gave in the day before.

Please reach out to others for support. This is hard and to important to go it alone!

Hey guys. Just checking in.

I had surgery on Dec. 17th. I feel like I am in a stall/slow down period but I haven't stopped losing completely. I'm just losing a lot less than I was, but also because of the weather and being sick off and on, I've had a hard time getting to the gym. I have decided that this week I am going to go at least 5 days, I was getting 6-7 days in BEFORE surgery so this should be a cake-walk for me. I haven't done any strength training since surgery, so I'm going to start that today.

Anyway, as for eating, the past couple of weeks I have noticed a discomfort whenever I eat. It's not the full feeling that comes after I have eaten all that I can, just an uncomfortable feeling that is hard to explain that starts right after the first bite of food, depending on the texture/consistency. Like if I eat yogurt (which I rarely do) I wouldn't feel it. But if I ate a bite of meat I definitely would. It is making eating a really unpleasant experience for me. But because I'm still clocking everything I eat, and very carefully measuring Protein, I still try and eat whatever I've portioned out for myself until I feel full. Maybe I shouldn't and should be giving my stomach a break. Maybe if I did that every now and then that weird feeling would go away?

My capacity is very limited I think. I'm not sure what other people are eating per meal. I can eat about 2.5-3 ounces of food per meal and then if I eat any more than that I feel very uncomfortable.

At the beginning I was SO careful so I didn't experience much nausea. But over the weekend I had an incident with a chicken and asparagus stir fry that didn't go down well. I honestly think it's because it was boneless skinless chicken breast and is a little bit tougher/more dry than other meats I've eaten, and I wasn't eating as slowly as I should so I may have eating one or two bites too many.

I've lost about 60 lbs since surgery and 130 overall. (Lost 70 lbs before surgery.) Am feeling really good but am annoyed at the slowdown I've experienced over the last 3 weeks or so. I know this is normal and everyone experiences these slow downs and stalls, but I have so much weight to lose that I get nervous about my progress all the time. I think getting back to the gym, especially reincorporating strength training, will help!

Oh! I forgot to add that I have been having real trouble with Protein shakes lately. Every now and then I would eat two bars instead of one shake and One Bar per day. This past week I've almost exclusively eaten the bars instead of drinking the shakes. Now whenever I TRY to drink a shake it makes me completely nauseated! :(

Edited by heynowkc

Hello December sleevers. I had my surgery on 12/9 I'm approaching my 3 mo visit w my dr and I'm afraid he's not going to be happy w my weight loss so far. It's going sooooo slow. Lots of stalls. I'm down 41.4lbs. I lost 30 the first month out then 11.4 in 2 months? Does that seem right to everyone? He didn't give me a goal but he said 30 lbs was just about what he would consider average % for my starting weight in the first month. The second month I had to minimize activity bc one of the incisions needed to be re cut and left open to heal on its own. I had like a 3 week stall during that time.

I'm just getting past the walking / treadmill stage at the gym and have kicked it up a notch to spinning and toning classes. I'm eating between 700-1000 calories but I have had a day or two at 1200 calories. And I'm hungry! I am full really fast but I'm hungry every 2 hours. I was told not to count calories just to count Protein but I see how little some folks are eating and I look at my slow weight loss and I'm thinking that's why, but the funny thing is the days I've had the 1200 calories, I've dropped weight the next day or so. So while I feel like that means I may not be getting enough calories, I'm afraid to eat more.

I track on myFitnessPal, according to their calories (even assuming I didn't have the surgery) I should be losing 2 lbs a week. I think my calorie allotment is just over 1400 cal to lose 2 lbs a week. I realize that's for "non surgicals" but wouldn't it stand to reason that I should lose a min of 2 lbs a week if I eat less than that?

The scale is not my friend. I know I need to stay off but it's so hard. I have lost 6.5 inches from my waist and the same from my hips. So I'm seeing progress just not on the scale and that's all my doc goes by.

Did anyone's doc give them a scale or set expectations for the 3 month visit?

God it's like all of you are telling my story!!! I'm down 55 since my journey started dec 3. surgery was dec 17 and have lost 38 since then. but the past 3 weeks I've been stuck around the same 6 pounds. have been losing slowly and it's killing me! well all get there.. slowly but surely. but it is nice to know that others are feeling the same. I don't want to be a sleeve failure

@justjamie5

I had my 3 month f/u today. I am in the same boat as you. I eat every two hours or so, I work out and I'm stRving all day lol

Since my loss is going good,y surgeon told me as long as I'm getting the appropriate Protein intake and am eating healthy calories shouldn't be of a concern. I was afraid I was eating to much. I'm down 63 lbs and I am at 70% of my expected weightloss so I'm doing something right lol

Anyone have this problem. I get full eating but after an hour or so, my stomach growls and I feel hungry. I don't eat but I was sleeved on 12/11 and have had no issues this now. I know it is not head hunger because I can ignore that, but it feels like hunger physically, like I have a hole in my stomach and it is never satisfied.

Someone else may have already answered this, but, I had the same problem. It turned out to be acid reflux. I started taking omeprazole (over the counter) regularly and the problem is resolved! Also, make sure you are getting enough fluids.

Good luck!

The scale is not my friend. I know I need to stay off but it's so hard. I have lost 6.5 inches from my waist and the same from my hips. So I'm seeing progress just not on the scale and that's all my doc goes by.

SCREW THE SCALE!!

You know that the scale measures the weight of your muscles as well as your fat, right? Well, it sounds to me like you have been gaining muscle from your workouts! This means the scale may not budge because muscle is dense and will weigh more than fat BUT you ARE getting smaller -- as proven by your measurements!!

Be nice to yourself!! Focus on how far you have come from where you were pre-op. And remember this is not a race, it is your life! Keep up the good work!

Were you sleeved in December 2014? Come join us on our 1st year surgiversary cruise to the Bahamas!

Our December 2014 Sleevers Facebook group is having a 1-year surgiversary get together! We are going to do a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas. Below is the information:

Departing: December 4, 2015

Returning: December 7, 2015

Departure location: Miami, FL

The cost is based on double occupancy, however you may chose to have a room of your own, but you will still be charged the double occupancy rate.

Itinerary: Miami --> Coco Keys (cruise line's private island) --> Nassau (8 hours) --> Miami

Ship: Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas

Cabin Costs: (total cost for cruise per person)

Interior - $358/pp

Porthole Ocean-view - $341/pp

Portrait Window - $348.50/pp

Jr. Suite - $641/pp

Grand Suite - $941/pp

Payments - A $50 deposit is due, per cabin, within 21 days. Another $150 is due within 120 days of cruise departure, and the final balance is due within 75 days of cruise departure. We have been assigned our own personal group agent that will send everyone a copy of the agreement with all payment due dates, etc. If you are not able to make the entire cruise payment at one time, you will have the options of making payments payments toward your final bill as you like as long as they are made by the appropriate dates. All payments are made to the travel agency organizing this cruise. No payments are made to me.

Required Documents - For this particular cruise, the documents required are Passport OR Certified copy of your birth certificate and your state ID.

We are also inviting a spouse or significant other should they have a desire to go, and it makes your participation easier. There are quite a few people in our lives that have been through quite a bit since we started our journey, and I feel strongly that their love and support should also be celebrated.

If you want to join us on this cruise, please send me a message with your name, contact information, and how many people you are bringing so that I can confirm your participation and make sure you get all the necessary information from the travel agent.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

I was sleeved Dec. 11, 2014. Down 73 pounds. I made a HUGE mistake in buying a scale. Had to put it away as I was on it everyday. Still working on getting required Protein and Water. Constipation is my biggest issue right now. I know water intake is part of the problem. I exercise daily for 30-45 minutes. Hoping to drop 30 by July 1st. This whole site is soooo helpful!

How are you doing with hair loss? I was sleeved on Dec 29 my weight loss is close to yours. Struggling with

the Protein also. But the Hair loss is scaring me...I have been taking Biotin every day.. Found some great tasting

chewables on Amazon...But I almost hate to shower and wash my hair it scares me so much every time! Anyone

else fighting this...

I am down 69 lbs since surgery on 12/29. I am also losing lots of hair! =( I take Vitamins daily, along with 10,000 mcg of Biotin, but it just doesn't stop falling out!! =(

I am down 59 lbs. I just logged on to look for info on Hair loss. Your posts were well timed for me. I had surgery on 12/30. Didn't expect hair loss for a few more months. I'm struggling to get in my vegetables. Finally got the Protein, Water and Vitamin routine down. Would love any other suggestions to combat hair loss.