Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleeve-twin, at last i found you!! i'm supposed to be on regular foods but like soft better. still drinking 1-2 Protein Shakes a day. hit my first stall this week. but as little as i eat and as much as i exercise it has to come off soon.

what's your secret to beating the stall??

I noticed a stall, so I stopped weighing! I just weigh on the 1st now, & it is working great. You bean tell that I'm losing regularly again now, but I'm still only weighing just once a month.

Anyone have this problem. I get full eating but after an hour or so, my stomach growls and I feel hungry. I don't eat but I was sleeved on 12/11 and have had no issues this now. I know it is not head hunger because I can ignore that, but it feels like hunger physically, like I have a hole in my stomach and it is never satisfied.

Sleeved 12/16. Seems like several of us went through a long stall! Mine lasted a little over 3 weeks. Thankfully I'm back to losing again, because I was starting to get discouraged. Dropped 3 lbs in 2 days :) Had an appointment on Friday and they said they expect me to lose at least 15 lbs if not more by May. Really hoping I don't have another 3 week stall between then!!

Anyone have this problem. I get full eating but after an hour or so, my stomach growls and I feel hungry. I don't eat but I was sleeved on 12/11 and have had no issues this now. I know it is not head hunger because I can ignore that, but it feels like hunger physically, like I have a hole in my stomach and it is never satisfied.

I have the same problem! I feel like my stomach is possessed lately!

12/29 here- feeling great! Down 45 lbs, but best of all the pain in my lower back and knees is gone! I still have a hard time getting in all my fluids, but I'm working on it. Also need to learn how to eat slower because if I eat too quick, it comes back up within a few minutes =/

12/17 Sleever! Down 56 pounds so far 20 on the preop diet and 36 since surgery! My appetite is up and down, mostly down. I'm thirsty all the time, but getting in the required amount of Water and Protein still presents a bit of a challenge to me. I'm doing better with my Vitamin supplements. I'm not exercising everyday, but this week is the game changer for that. I tried to get a buddy for support but that didn't work out and that's okay, because after all it is my journey and my lifestyle change. I'm super excited about the weight loss and can't wait to go shopping in a few months for some smaller clothes!

I'm doing pretty good as far as learning to eat with my "new" stomach. Tolerating regular foods well now since being given the go-ahead a little over a week ago by my nutritionist. I am taking it very easy though. Still eating mostly soft foods and cutting things up very small. The only cruddite I've even had the courage to try has been a raw cucumber. I'll have to try more later. I definitely haven't eaten nuts yet - and nothing crunchy. I am staying away from ALL oatmeal, granola, rice, potatoes, corn, peas, bread, Beans (except for edamame), Pasta, and crackers until (at least) six months out as recommended by my dietitian for maximum weight loss. Same goes for sweets, but I did make an exception for honey this week because I've been sick and my (other) doctor recommended to drink it in tea to help my sore throat.

I was sick of the requisite 2 shakes a day, so I was also given the go-ahead to have one shake and one Quest bar per day so that has been nice. Although I realize that I no longer like the raspberry white chocolate bars because now they just taste too sweet to me. And that is a shame, since I still have almost a whole box that I bought before surgery. Whoops!

As far as results go, I have no complaints! My highest weight was 491 (Sept 29th) and on surgery day, Dec 17th, I had dropped down to 422. I am currently at 375 (as of last Wednesday - I only weigh once a week!) So total down since surgery is 47lbs and total overall am down 116!!!! I had one week where I didn't lose anything which I guess you could consider a "short" stall, but otherwise I have been losing every week.

I have been sick for the past 7 days so I am a little worried about my weigh-in in two days since I have spent a lot of the time resting and not being active. But I did take a bike ride yesterday (it was almost 70 here in Virginia!) and walked a couple of miles yesterday, and plan to hit the gym tonight and tomorrow. So hopefully I will see some movement on the scale.

I have had one or two days in the past week where I have felt that "need to munch" and I think it has to do with being sick. Otherwise I am doing really well with that. Glad to hear that so many of us from December are doing well!

Edited by heynowkc

@@Ronab I get that way too. My nut told me that is normal usually what I will do I will eat some of my food and save the rest for when I get hungry again. I think it is just due to how small our stomachs are now.

I was sleeved on 12/23 and am down 32 lbs. I'm having trouble lately with excessive air in my stomach! Not sure if its gas or what.... but it interferes with my eating and drinking because it makes me feel full, when indeed i'm not. I can rarely ever do 4oz. at a sitting.

It's getting annoying can anyone help with this?

I was sleeved December 30th and doing great. I have not had any problems at all since surgery. I'm able to get all my Protein and Water in without any problems. Sometimes it worries me because I have not found any foods that I can't handle. I'm sticking to my diet and have lost a 24 lbs since surgery.

I was sleeved December 26th and I'm doing well. Looking for a gym buddy but there's nobody who wants to go with me. I started in June of last year at 369, was 330 day of surgery and I'm down to 302 as of yesterday. Still chugging along over here with mushies and soft solids but getting board with them. Any other 12/26 sleevers?

Im happy but a bit concerned Im stuck at a 30lb lose. The scale hasnt moved and Im worried that I am not eating enough calories......are you keeping track of your calorie intake at all???

My nutritionist said just keep track of Protein and make sure I'm getting enough in - so I track with myfitnesspal (and also a notebook in my purse for easy reference). She said not to count calories (or worry about calories) until 6 months out or more. Even though I'm not supposed to, with myfitnesspal it keeps track of my calories and I'm usually somewhere in the 500s-700s. I eat three small meals a day and two Protein supplements (one shake and one bar). No Snacks. My surgery was Dec. 17th.

Im happy but a bit concerned Im stuck at a 30lb lose. The scale hasnt moved and Im worried that I am not eating enough calories......are you keeping track of your calorie intake at all???

Edited by heynowkc

I know I shouldnt calorie count but Im working out 5 to 6 days a week burning about 400 calories at the gym. I thought maybe that is why Im at a stall.....what do you think??

I know I shouldnt calorie count but Im working out 5 to 6 days a week burning about 400 calories at the gym. I thought maybe that is why Im at a stall.....what do you think??

I would say that if you fear you are not eating ENOUGH, then go ahead and count your calories for a few days. Then if it seems off, maybe adjust? My guess is that if you're eating regular foods by now, I'd say that under 400 calories might be a little low, my Protein supplements alone come to 320 - 360 calories, if that's ALL I ate all day I'd just need to eat a half a cheese stick to get to 400. The best thing you can do is check with your NUT tell them what you've been eating daily (not necessarily a calorie count) and if they seem concerned then maybe you need to add some Protein or something? They will give you ideas I am sure.

Stalls are supposed to be normal, and I think they're supposed to be frustrating too. I am lucky that I have been losing most weeks (only 1 week with a stall). But I'm not that far out yet, I'm sure my day is coming. However I do know that some of the best advice that I found for breaking a diet plateau (pre-surgery) was to increase your calorie intake for a few days while taking a break from the gym, then go back to your regular schedule! That might work for you.

Increasing the volume you eat is practically impossible (from my experience) with my new sleeve, but you can always just consume more high-calorie items for few days,... marathon that TV show on Netflix you've been putting off instead of hitting the gym so hard, take off your fitness tracker,... then go back to normal and see if it gives you a little jump start?