Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

power396 first of all whats this got to do with lapbands?second,no one cares about your black and white view of the world.I dont believe in abortion except in case of health or rape issues but seeings how i'm not a women it's not my place to say one way or the other.until you are pregnant shutup and get a new hobby.
Posts in the RnR don't need to have anything to with lapbands. This is our OFF TOPIC area, as indicated in the description for the forum.

Some people do care about his view. I may disagree with it, but I'm glad we live in a country where he can have it. Please don't proffer yourself as representing everyone. You voiced your view, so you must assume someone cares. Perhaps he did the same.

Please refrain from witty comments such as "shut up." This is our debate area, and even if we vehemently disagree with someone, we do it respectfully, not childishly. BTW, personal attacks are not tolerated here. Attack the idea until you're blue in the face, but don't attack the person.

Thanks and continue to enjoy the thread. :biggrin:

Edited by Wheetsin

Great, great post Tink! I agree with you that even in Rants and Raves, there are basic rules of engagement. I believe Tripod broke them in his inflammatory remarks.

BJean, you and I have respectfully done battle many, many times yet we have never told each other to "shut up" or go away or that no one wants to hear the other. The moderators on LBT have chastized others (and suspended some) for saying similiar things and I was just educating Tripod about the rules on this forum. No matter how someone feels about a subject, there is no reason to be so harsh or nasty. IMHO....

Well, that is the truth, I've seen moderators chastizing for a lot less than that, maybe we should all start telling each other to shut up and jump in the lake and see how long it goes before someone gets suspended? Give me a break....

Passionate, frustrated, I'm sure we all have felt that way many times, being rude and disrespectful is a different story... if someone can't at least respect others, then they don't even belong on the Rants and Raves... :biggrin:

Edited by ELENATION

Well, that is the truth, I've seen moderators chastizing for a lot less than that, maybe we should all start telling each other to shut up and jump in the lake and see how long it goes before someone gets suspended? Give me a break....

Passionate, frustrated, I'm sure we all have felt that way many times, being rude and disrespectful is a different story... if someone can't at least respect others, then they don't even belong on the Rants and Raves... :biggrin:

Yup, "passionate and frustrated" sure describes many of our discussions here!! So glad we can also consider this section "fun" and "educational" as well.

Thanks, Elenation...and I love all your moving smilies!! They are adorable!

Yup, "passionate and frustrated" sure describes many of our discussions here!! So glad we can also consider this section "fun" and "educational" as well.

Thanks, Elenation...and I love all your moving smilies!! They are adorable!

Thank you L8BloomR!!!!! I'm glad you like my new avatar! isn't he cute? :biggrin:

Posts in the RnR don't need to have anything to with lapbands. This is our OFF TOPIC area, as indicated in the description for the forum.

Some people do care about his view. I may disagree with it, but I'm glad we live in a country where he can have it. Please don't proffer yourself as representing everyone. You voiced your view, so you must assume someone cares. Perhaps he did the same.

Please refrain from witty comments such as "shut up." This is our debate area, and even if we vehemently disagree with someone, we do it respectfully, not childishly. BTW, personal attacks are not tolerated here. Attack the idea until you're blue in the face, but don't attack the person.

Thanks and continue to enjoy the thread. :)

Thank you Wheestin, much appreciated response.:thumbup:

When you guys see inflammatory posts, even here, please report them to us. Otherwise, it's 100% a matter of whether or not one of us happens on the message.

When you guys see inflammatory posts, even here, please report them to us. Otherwise, it's 100% a matter of whether or not one of us happens on the message.

I've never reported anyone before, but it is nice to know that we can if we feel it necessary. Thanks for being there, Wheetsin...

All it does is throw us a link to the post with the reporter's comments. It's just a way of giving us a heads-up. (If any of you out there don't know, you report a post by clicking the little "caution" sign that appears below the person's join date, age, posts. It's the third of the four little cons there.)

Now - I leave, and you can all get back to topic!

report.bmp

tink, both you and LBloom8R have incredibly wonderful ways of stating your views. I have nothing but respect for both of you.

Our life experiences and our religious beliefs have undoubtedly had a huge impact on our opinions of this topic. The fact that we have such strong feelings and the fact that we each, in our own way, have that push to do what we believe is right and fair with regard to this topic, makes it no surprise that even though this thread has gone on for such a long time, we still feel it is important to respond to someone who we believe is off base.

I have compassion for the person who said, "shut up" because he shares some of my views and I can completely understand how he became so upset that he may have thrown respect and good taste out the window for a moment. I was surprised that anyone found the comment that horrific. I've read much, much worse in the heat of battle here and elsewhere. So my earlier comments were because I just didn't think that the "shut up" remark was all that personal. But then, children these days are taught by many that saying "shut up" is akin to using curse words. I grew up differently. As kids, we all told each other to shut up, especially in a joking manner. We never truly expected each other to shut up and we didn't mean it as a personal attack.

I do agree that there should be rules of good taste that are adhered to, but there will always be those who do not go by the rules. I just don't think that we should be concerned with posts that are not respectful and I don't think we should take it upon ourselves to correct others' posts. But that's just me trying to be extremely tolerant of passionate people. I guess I'd rather see a rude post than have everyone tippy toe around each other to the point that discussions become artificial and without feeling.

Just my $.02 - not worth that much, I'm sure. :)

It's not surprising this thread continues, especially with all of the news recently. In addition to the VP of Marketing and Development in Idaho being "excited" about accepting a racially-motivated donation to target black babies for abortion because (according to the donor) "the less black kids out there the better" (see my previous post with a YouTube link), we now have new news.

In a dumpster behind a Lathrum, Michigan abortion facility were found medical records, bio-hazardous materials, and intact parts of aborted babies. http://www.crosswalk.com/news/11570761/ is a news link (there are many others available), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on_aCpgBsbA for a link to watch the video of what was found. If you don't believe unborn babies are formed at 6 weeks in the womb, watch the video. I was shaking an crying as I was watching it, begging God for forgiveness of what we do to the littlest ones in our care.

Edited by gadgetlady

I avoid the news and newspapers because of all the horrific and negative stories and pictures. There are insane people everywhere. I don't do research on serial killers ether. I try to avoid all of the insanity because I have learned that it is very unhealthy for me to dwell on such things. I'm not trying to live in denial, I just can't handle extreme cases of bad behavior done by bad people.

I avoid the news and newspapers because of all the horrific and negative stories and pictures. There are insane people everywhere. I don't do research on serial killers ether. I try to avoid all of the insanity because I have learned that it is very unhealthy for me to dwell on such things. I'm not trying to live in denial, I just can't handle extreme cases of bad behavior done by bad people.

I agree it can be unhealthy to dwell on the horrific things human beings do to one another, but we also can't bury our heads in the sand -- especially when it's something that is done willfully and "legally". The reason so many women suffer emotionally and psychologically after abortion is precisely because they don't know the facts about the development of the unborn baby.

There is nothing extreme about what was found behind this particular abortion clinic dumpster. It is simply evidence of what happens every day in every abortion clinic in America. It is an example of bad behavior done by bad people, but it is neither extreme nor unusual. It is reality.

I wholeheartedly disagree with your characterization of women suffering emotionally and psychologically after having an abortion. I believe that some women do suffer, but it is not the norm. We seldom hear from the ones who survive emotionally and psychologically because they have had an abortion.

I also believe that there are humane people who perform abortions. They are not all bad people. And that's a fact.

....I do agree that there should be rules of good taste that are adhered to, but there will always be those who do not go by the rules. I just don't think that we should be concerned with posts that are not respectful and I don't think we should take it upon ourselves to correct others' posts. But that's just me trying to be extremely tolerant of passionate people. I guess I'd rather see a rude post than have everyone tippy toe around each other to the point that discussions become artificial and without feeling.

BJean, I am quite sure that if Tripod had been on the opposite side of this debate and had insulted someone from your side, you would look at this totally differently. I have seen you get heated up over similar posts and that is expected on a hot-button issue like this one. But since when does ANY one on this thread "tippy toe around"? My goodness, there is so much passionate debate here! And since I was the one who you said "corrected other's posts" (my first time, actually), I will respond to your statement by saying that I have seen that when others post similar things as Tripod's insults, the debate gets ugly and feelings get hurt. We didn't need, in my opinion, a newcomer who has not gotten to know any of us here, to jump in and start telling people what they could or couldn't say or if their views had any value. Obviously, my opinion had merit because the moderator (Wheetsin) jumped into this on her own and said the same thing to Tripod as I was trying to say. But Wheetsin said it much better and clearer! Look, I love spirited debate and argument, but I don't believe insulting and rude comments advance any thread or discussion in a good way. I am glad LBT has some guidelines and rules that make this a safe place for everyone to express themselves.