Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Don't forget about Mao Tse-Tung. He had a very sensible idea for what to do with all those extra women running around. He offered to send 10 million of them to the U.S. This may be the best way to be sure that women are "entirely separate from men."

Interesting that China faces a serious shortage of women nowadays because of their forced abortion and strict one-child policies. Because sons are so valued and they can only have one child, many either abort their daughters (if they know they're having a girl) in the hopes of a son, or if they do have a daughter, they practice infanticide (a post-birth abortion, as it has the same effect).

A Shortage of Girls

From http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/omicinski/069.htm:

In China, pre-natal testing has a more sinister purpose. Because sons are more prized than daughters in Chinese culture — and have been for centuries — an easily available, state-supplied abortion often puts daughters quickly out of the picture.

When they feel it necessary, Chinese authorities take matters into their own hands. Last year, Canadian and British newspapers gave far more play than American dailies to the shocking story of how family planning officials in Hubei Province snatched away a child being hidden by a father with other children and drowned it in a nearby rice paddy.

These practices are little different than the Aryanization and euthanasia programs of Adolf Hitler, which the world also ignored in the 1930s.

The current situation in China is a case of social engineering gone badly awry. That is for sure. There are many millions of young men in China today who will never find wives and have families simply because there are not enough young women to go around. I have read that there are packs of unattached men in the villages who suffer from a sense of aimlessness and who spend their days drinking, gambling, and fighting.

This is a problem which arises out of a devaluation of women, a problem in many cultures.

are ppl forgettin that abortion is up to 12 weeks.. but most are done at 6-8 weeks.. this thing ur calling a baby is not a baby its a cell.. doesnt hav a heart beat it is purely developing..into wat would be a baby.. i have had an abortion and i did it cause i was raped by my grandfather? so im sposed to torment my self and my family for the rest of my life? i made the decsion thru thoughtful thinking and many sleepless nights and lots of crying CAUSE I DIDNT WANT A BABY AT 15 NOR MY GRANDFATHERS BABY.. and iam christian..

im maried now and have a beautiful baby boy that id of never had if i hadnt of made the right choice for me yrs ago..

personally i think power ur asking a very touchy question AND HONESTLY u wouldnt know anything of wat ur wife daughter monther would feel if they had to keep a baby in my situation.. when u become a woman let us know how it feels..

are ppl forgettin that abortion is up to 12 weeks.. but most are done at 6-8 weeks.. this thing ur calling a baby is not a baby its a cell.. doesnt hav a heart beat it is purely developing..into wat would be a baby

Aussiechik, I'm so sorry for what you've had to go through. Please know that no one wants you tormenting yourself and your family. I do, however, want to correct a few things: abortion is legal, at least in the US, up to 9 months of pregnancy. The baby has a beating heart at 21 days after conception, which is typically around the time a mother finds out she is pregnant. Within 6-7 weeks after conception, brain waves can be detected, all vital organs are present, and fingers and toes can be seen as the baby is moving his arms and legs around. At 9 weeks, the baby responds to touch and can grasp an object. The average abortion is done at between 8 and 12 weeks. At 12 weeks, the baby is fully formed and only needs to grow.

I still wonder what all the debate is about...

its simple, its between a Woman and her Doctor, end of story....

Everyone else, especially Men should mind their own business.

Ditto to that!!

gadget the reason I used the term "relatively" is because Down's Syndrome is found in the offspring of older women more often than in younger healthy women.

Watching what China has chosen to legislate with regard to babies clearly points to why governments should never be allowed to intervene or legislate the reproduction process in their citizens.

gadget the reason I used the term "relatively" is because Down's Syndrome is found in the offspring of older women more often than in younger healthy women.

Regardless, 1.66% isn't "relatively common" at all.

Watching what China has chosen to legislate with regard to babies clearly points to why governments should never be allowed to intervene or legislate the reproduction process in their citizens.

In a society that places a high value on men over women, you find that girl babies are chosen for abortion significantly more often than boys. This happens in other countries (such as India and many others) which haven't had such dramatic policies like China's on-child-per-family.

Societal sex-selection in favor of female babies is virtually non-existent. You see, despite the claim that it's just a blob of tissue in the mother's womb, it's either a boy baby or a girl baby growing in there. And if sexist people can determine that it's a girl baby and therefore kill it, we continue to have more social issues develop. You'd think feminists would be concerned about the killing of so many innocent females . . .

Equal rights for unborn women!

With all due respect, Gadget, societal attitudes towards girls are, in those societies of which we were speaking, an entirely separate issue from that of freedom of choice. Fewer of the family resources are spent on girls. They are much less likely to receive much if any formal education and they are much more likely to be overworked and maltreated psychologically, sexually, and physically. They are more likely to be forced into prostitution or forced into concubinage or marriage with elderly and unattractive mates. And when they are maltreated they are entirely without recourse for the legal (i.e. Shari'a) and local social justice structures favour men.

You are wrong about the "relatively" issue, but please, let's drop it - it's a really obtuse argument.

As for the rest, I will repeat it as many times and as many ways as I feel it needs repeating... government should not be in the business of forcing women to either have unwanted children or to not have wanted children. There are many more factors involved than just the definition of when a fertilized egg becomes an individual human being.

The Nazi's were as evil as they were because they killed people who were inconvenient to them.As far as I'm concerned, that is what abortion is.

RE:

Originally Posted by peaches9 viewpost.gif

I still wonder what all the debate is about...

its simple, its between a Woman and her Doctor, end of story....

Everyone else, especially Men should mind their own business.

Ok, personally, I could never, ever abort a child. However, I do not feel I can impose my personal beliefs on other people. Nor do I feel a bunch of people sitting up in D.C. have a right to make blanket decisions for everyone on what they can and cannot do with their bodies when everyones situation is different and they do not know their specific circumstances.

However (and this is probably the part where I will get slammed :smile2: ), I disagree that "men should mind their own business". I think that the father should be granted a say in what happens with regards to the child the mother is carrying. After all, it may not be his body, but it is his child and I believe he should be allowed a say in any decisions made with regards to abortion, adoption, keeping the baby or whatever. I say that with the exception of rape.

Just my .02.

Nazi's sought to control people, in every aspect of their lives. Outlawing women's right to choose is that same kind of self-righteous wanting to make people live by the rules you believe are right.

As for men's right to control his partner's fertilized egg, once he jettesons his little baby makers out into the world he loses control of those little guys, who have one thing in mind. If he wants control, he should make sure he knows where every little guy is at all times. Once one of them has invaded a woman's egg, the woman's physiology is in the driver's seat. She owns the process of turning the fertilized egg into a healthy human being. Everything, every decision, every healthy or unhealthy process must be decided by the woman.

Once the fertilized egg has been cooked to full term and it is a viable baby, then the father must take responsibility for one-half of the baby's welfare and the decisions involving the baby.

That's life, folks.

Or do you think that you can also tell women which Vitamins she must take, whether she takes a sauna while she's pregnant, whether she goes skiing, or whether she hibernates in a quiet room? At what point do you really think your control of the baby making process ends?